The Love era of Hip Hop >>>>> The Golden Age

Never knew there was a remix to "Splash Waterfalls". Mind = Blown.

"Lovers & Friends" has to be one of my fav tracks in here. Why there was never a vid made, I will never know.

^ holy $@** lover and friends.
pimp.gif

N ll K 3 wrote:
Never knew there was a remix to "Splash Waterfalls". Mind = Blown.

"Lovers & Friends" has to be one of my fav tracks in here. Why there was never a vid made, I will never know.

because lil jon sold the song to another artist again like he did with that yeaa by usher and freek a leek by petey pablo. was the same exact beat (except petey version is slowed) then like early stated did it again with this, so usher stated he never wanted to work with him again so i guess he was like it be study to have the video without him so.....

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Weird, just last week I went on youtube and watched all the videos in this post and dl'd the songs after not thinking about/listening to them in years.
laugh.gif
Totally caught me off guard that Ja Rule had so many hits that I'd forgotten I used to like.
10.11.11 at 11:11pm 
nerd.gif
eek.gif
  Ya should've waited exactly a month

No joke I think it was a five part ether that sent "The Love Era" into the abyss.
1. Lil Jon

2. Lil Flip's line on Sunshine, "I'll treat you like milk, I'll do nothin but spoil you"

3. 50 ending Ja's career

4. Game coming out

5. Wayne coming out with Go DJ

I think it was just what someone said above. It was too formulaic. Like these are all amazing songs we can look back on and vibe to but imagine every 3 days or week one of these songs premiering on 106 & Park after a while you want something new

because lil jon sold the song to another artist again like he did with that yeaa by�usher and�freek a leek by�petey pablo. was the same exact beat (except petey version is slowed)�then like early stated did it again with this, so usher stated he never wanted to work with him again�so i guess he was like it be study to have the video without him so.....
Is this true?  How's Usher gonna be that mad at the man that gave him the biggest song of his life?
laugh.gif

"Yeah" and "Freek-A-Leek" definitely don't have the same melody. 

The synths in "Yeah" is 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3

The synths in "Freek-A-Leek" is 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2

You're saying Lil Jon sold a "Lovers & Friends" sound-a-like as well?

Originally Posted by Buc Em

No joke I think it was a five part ether that sent "The Love Era" into the abyss.
1. Lil Jon

2. Lil Flip's line on Sunshine, "I'll treat you like milk, I'll do nothin but spoil you"

3. 50 ending Ja's career

4. Game coming out

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
BIG TIME

How'd Go DJ do it though. I just remember that being a pretty hot song when Wayne was 5000 times less annoying.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

1. Lil Jon

3. 50 ending Ja's career

4. Game coming out

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
BIG TIME

How'd Go DJ do it though. I just remember that being a pretty hot song when Wayne was 5000 times less annoying.

i think he's saying when Wayne came out w/ Go DJ it got hot, made him hot, and that song/wayne wasn't on that Love Era %$$$. idk if i agree...but that's what it seems like he's saying

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

1. Lil Jon

3. 50 ending Ja's career

4. Game coming out

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
BIG TIME

i think he's saying when Wayne came out w/ Go DJ it got hot, made him hot, and that song/wayne wasn't on that Love Era %$$$. idk if i agree...but that's what it seems like he's saying

Exactly. Wayne, Game and T.I. were the hottest rappers that year in 2004 and they weren't on that at all back then. That's when hood/trap rap got big then we had Gucci, Jeezy and Rick Ross blow up a year or so later along with Houston blowing up with Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire. Then we had the Chicken Noodle Soup Era where every terrible song that had a dance to it blew up. Then it was the Hip Hop Is Dead Era where we thought every underground NYC rapper was going to save hip-hop. Then the fake Rock & Roll Ed Hardy Era came through when We Fly High came out and dudes were rockin studded belt buckles and skulls all over, and whoever that group was came out with Party Like A Rockstar. Then the Autotune Era when T-Pain blew up and was on every single person's hook, and Wayne and Kanye started using it. Then Jay-Z came out with Death of Autotune and ended that. Then it was kinda the Young Money Era. Then The Weed Era. Now we're in The Tumblr Era.

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Buc Em wrote:

1. Lil Jon

3. 50 ending Ja's career

4. Game coming out

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
BIG TIME

Exactly. Wayne, Game and T.I. were the hottest rappers that year in 2004 and they weren't on that at all back then. That's when hood/trap rap got big then we had Gucci, Jeezy and Rick Ross blow up a year or so later along with Houston blowing up with Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire. Then we had the Chicken Noodle Soup Era where every terrible song that had a dance to it blew up. Then it was the Hip Hop Is Dead Era where we thought every underground NYC rapper was going to save hip-hop. Then the fake Rock & Roll Ed Hardy Era came through when We Fly High came out and dudes were rockin studded belt buckles and skulls all over, and whoever that group was came out with Party Like A Rockstar. Then the Autotune Era when T-Pain blew up and was on every single person's hook, and Wayne and Kanye started using it. Then Jay-Z came out with Death of Autotune and ended that. Then it was kinda the Young Money Era. Then The Weed Era. Now we're in The Tumblr Era.

Great timeline
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom