"The Master" Jordan 12s To Release (2/27/2016)

If Netflix only checked out one "copy" of a movie at a time to people that wanted to view it, then AWS wouldn't be helpful. These two models are completely different. Nobody, not even concerts, have the same online issues like footsites. If footsites didn't block people from entering by going down, then you'd have millions of people with sneakers in their cart even though there isn't inventory. 

Still it's about scale and atomicity. Same concept as concert tickets. You block tickets till a transaction completes . No one else can even add to cart if you've held. Meanwhile you're getting numerous requests to add inventory that is claimed and your servers struggle. The underlying code with airline tickets work much in the same way.

Anyway point is - all these folks need to change the way they handle scale. I get your point though.

I was unaware that these were releasing.  When I went to the mall yesterday there was a line wrapped around the corner.  I wasn't checking for them either way but I was surprised to see the response for them.  I think the best part was that it was an organized release. FL HOH had everyone wait in line and only allowed so many people in at a time.  

Really underestimated this release man.  Thought I would've been able to slide on in store and grab some.

Anyone seen any pairs in chicago land area in store?

No offense to anyone who stands in line, but why does anyone do that now days when you can relatively easily cop online? Granted the snkrs app was buggy from the get go but I got one pair by 10:20am.

I always try to secure a pair in store 1st. Monday/Tuesday raffle/guaranteed tickets, call backs wed-fri. If I dont win, then i go online to cop. No waiting for deliveries, dont have to pay shipping. I realize some sites offer free shipping not all. Only time I strictly go online are for limited releases not offered at ky local retailers, i.e. DB collection, ovo's, etc.

No offense to anyone who stands in line, but why does anyone do that now days when you can relatively easily cop online? Granted the snkrs app was buggy from the get go but I got one pair by 10:20am.

There's lots of reasons. One being sometimes online orders get cancelled.

I feel you.
I copped mostly in-store until 2011, then started copping online about 90% of the time.
I still buy low key drops at my local spot :nerd:

Resale market works best on the day or release. Before the prices settle on the low with your pair slowly being delivered to you. Time is money in the reseller business.

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed with the horrible quality of material that these Master 12's were made with. I luv the all black look but dam I've seen fakes made with better quality. I have a pair of 1997 OG Playoff 12's and the difference is like night and day. I refuse to buy anymore of these awful ***** replica looking 12's. I mean feel the leather on both the upper and mid it feels like a 40$ fake leather couch and the Jordan plate is way to big and the stitching redictulas. But that's my opinion feel free to respond I'd really like to hear what others think.

Thank God, these and the Cement 4's were a pretty easy cop online for me. I even doubled up on the 4's. No way I'd pay re-sell for these if I would've struck out. $300 plus? No thanks

Thank God, these and the Cement 4's were a pretty easy cop online for me. I even doubled up on the 4's. No way I'd pay re-sell for these if I would've struck out. $300 plus? No thanks
I managed to secure the Cement 4s an hour after the release, these I was able to get two in my cart at Footlocker.com (which I don't understand how that happened when it's one per customer) and one in the cart on east bay.com. Turns out my cousin didn't have the money to purchase them. I'm going to tell him about phone orders for East Bay Monday so he can secure his pair (if he has the money)

Last edited:
I managed to secure the Cement 4s an hour after the release, these I was able to get two in my cart at Footlocker.com (which I don't understand how that happened when it's one per customer) and one in the cart on east bay.com. Turns out my cousin didn't have the money to purchase them. I'm going to tell him about phone orders for East Bay today so he can secure his pair (if he has the money)
Phone orders today and not Monday?

Plenty of these to go around in the local stores around here in So Cal. Almost every retailer was FCFS yesterday and didn't sell out until late in the afternoon.  I stroll through after 1 pm and was still able to get pairs.  Online was a mess and I definitely underestimated this release. FNL was the worse. 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom