The Minnesota Timberwolves Thread: Timberwolves, Anthony Bennett part ways

@AdamZagoria: Karl-Anthony Towns says he will have 'close to 40' family & friends at the Draft

@APkrawczynski: How much input did KG have on the draft process, Flip? "None."

@APkrawczynski: Another tip of the hand from Flip: Asked what they'll target in 2nd rd, free agency, he said the backcourt, shooting and ball-handling

I'd love to move to Minny one day, it was cold as hell, but I liked it. Hope to visit again soon.

* I live in LA now*

I'd love to move to Minny one day, it was cold as hell, but I liked it. Hope to visit again soon.

* I live in LA now*
Very underrated, oft-overlooked place to live. It's a beautiful and clean place. You'll be fine with the heat since you live in LA, but it can be hard to get used to those winters. If you can handle that though, I'd say you're set.

@APkrawczynski: How much input did KG have on the draft process, Flip? "None."

:lol:

Translation: I want all credit at the press conference when we take Towns #1.

Ry, I actually don't think he's been involved at all though.

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda 1h
Towns on Wolves: "That team's going to be really good. If I'm blessed & honored to be on that team, then I can't wait to add my contribution

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda 49m
Asked if he can envision spending years in Minn, Towns: "I can see myself spending a long time anywhere, I could be in Alaska for all I know

Jerry Zgoda @JerryZgoda 1m
Okafor said he and pal KAT have bet dinner over who wins first meeting as pros. Not sure if that includes Vegas league or not

Last edited:
As always, I can't wait to watch KAT's first experience at a press conference with Sid Hartman :lol: :lol:

Interesting. Saunders has said already it's unlikely he keeps both second rounders. Glen Taylor (of course) thinks a little differently.

As far as moving up and taking another first rounder I really don't see how this team can fit two more rookies on the team, unless they were to somehow steal a Tyus Jones or similar.

Interesting

Well....

Gotta give the team an A last night.

They didn't screw up the first pick and I think Towns has such a high ceiling it just excites me.

I know Tyus doesn't wow anyone with his measurements but I cannot believe he dropped that far down to #24, especially seeing his old AAU teammate Vaughn go #17. The Wolves got lucky there. Tyus is a real wild card and I honestly can say at worst he is never going to be a bust. He just has that much god-given basketball talent and level head on his shoulders too.

If anyone is looking for in-depth insight on the draft we will have Godfather Saunders on 47 radio shows today you can bank on that.

With as much as Rubio goes down its nice to have an actual backup pg. I dont think anyone expects tyus to be a star. But he's a smart player and will be able to run the offense very well with the second group or when Rubio goes down :lol:

Flip said on kfan this morning Towns has been at the top of their board for a while. He just does so much and where this team is at he fits perfectly

Last edited:
2 questions: does the organization see Lavine as the future at SG or is he still PG of the future?

2nd question: any rebrand coming? This team desperately needs one and now is perfect. Get some fresh new jerseys with the color scheme and flourish.

Lavine is definitely a 2.

I agree with a rebrand. Now is definitely a good time.

Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski 1h1 hour ago - Towns is here. Tyus is here. And wolves aren't done yet. Sources say they are nearing agreement with Nemanja Bjelica to bring Euro MVP here

I'll be rooting for yall after my rockets. Good luck yall, your time is soon :smokin

same here. after my Rox, Thunder (really only KD), and Bucks :lol:

Seriously though, between Wiggins/Lavine last year/KAT this year, I'm loving the moves being made in Minny. Future is def bright

Not sure if I missed it reported before but Saunders just said on radio the Wolves need new uniforms and they are in process of changing them

Back
Top Bottom