The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Dodson's style is almost as annoying as Dominic Cruz.
cruz constantly comes forward, he just steps back to reset

dodson was straight back pedaling

lineker should have kept doing what he did in the 2nd and let the ref decide who's not engaging

Last edited:
im not

people can point to the numbers (which i missed) but numbers dont entirely explain a fight

dude came to fight and he swng for the fences every chance he got

But you could also say look at Linekers face vs Dodsons.

I had Dodson winning but I'm not surprised with the result.

Lineker vs TJ
Cruz vs Garbrandt.

Book it

Depends on what judges want to score points for. If you avoid damage most of the time or if you're the aggressive one who is missing a lot.

faces and numbers dont explain fights

put nate and nick against the softest puncher you can think of and see what happens
laugh.gif

faces and numbers dont explain fights

put nate and nick against the softest puncher you can think of and see what happens :lol:

But in this case, numbers explain the fight very clearly IMO. Lineker was swinging for the fences, sure. But he landed a very low percentage compared to Dodson. I had Lineker with rounds 3 and 4. Takedown late in the 5th sealed it for Dodson.

He needs to add jabs and straight punches like people have been saying. He struggled to connect and it'll be worse if he fights tj and Cruz.

But in this case, numbers explain the fight very clearly IMO. Lineker was swinging for the fences, sure. But he landed a very low percentage compared to Dodson. I had Lineker with rounds 3 and 4. Takedown late in the 5th sealed it for Dodson.
i just checked the fight metric, ignoring totals thrown, the numbers are even

efficiency isnt a criteria for points, but aggression is

Last edited:
i just checked the fight metric, ignoring totals thrown, the numbers are even

efficiency isnt a criteria for points, but aggression is

But efficiency should be considered for points. I can go out there and throw 100 punches and only land 50. My opponent can throw 75 and land 50. He did the same with less. Aggression is just a style metric. Some fighters are counter fighters. Some push forward.

Back
Top Bottom