The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Charles, get out the moment and pay attention. You know the formula to beat Pettis. Either take him down or stay close and pressure him. Kicks are his bread and butter.

Edit: Anthony might get chocked.

Saved by the choke. I was worried he'd lose that fight.

Anyone thinks he's back is fooling themselves.

Keep him away from Mendes (who is suspended), Holloway, Edgar, Aldo, etc.

Winklejohn/Jackson need to work on his tank, clinch and grappling.

Last edited:
Good for Pettis, 145 looking interesting

Give him Holloway, Edgar, or Aldo

Last edited:

happy for the finish

but his energy definitely looked lacking, hopefully its just cause its the 1st time at 145

He defended the submission game of Charles beautifully. He was patient on the feet yet pulled the trigger when he needed.

Much needed victory and confidence boost

He defended the submission game of Charles beautifully. He was patient on the feet yet pulled the trigger when he needed.

Much needed victory and confidence boost

I'm happy for him. But he's a fool to challenge:

Edgar
Aldo
Mendes
Holloway
McGregor
Llamas
Swanson

I'd try my hand at Llamas or Swanson but maybe he should be given sub 5 guys to build his confidence. From this fight, we still see the same holes in his game. Top guys are going to keep exploiting it. You either evolve or lose. It was Nates problem last Saturday (late starter and suceptible to leg kicks).

I'm happy for him. But he's a fool to challenge:

Edgar
Aldo
Mendes

Holloway
McGregor
Llamas
Swanson

I'd try my hand at Llamas or Swanson but maybe he should be given sub 5 guys to build his confidence. From this fight, we still see the same holes in his game. Top guys are going to keep exploiting it. You either evolve or lose. It was Nates problem last Saturday (late starter and suceptible to leg kicks).
i agree with you in terms of what i saw today looked okay and not great but hes beating everyone i didnt cross out and only loses to mendes via wrestle ****

Last edited:
Crazy to think Pettis new home at 145 a guy who took out cowboy who now looks great at 170

I was going to post something similar before. Crazy how their careers have went since their fight and then both losing championship fights. I thought pettis needed to get stronger and a little bigger and not move down to fw and Drain his already lean frame.

Last edited:
Edgar you could sell as 2 former 155 champs

Aldo you could almost sell as a super fight

Max Holloway would be a good fight, but not moving the needle

Back
Top Bottom