The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

He's been with Evolve since he got his jaw broken in 2010, could just as easily be Evolve instead of Kings that got RDA to level up.

The way I look at it, a lot of these coaches actually are worthless nowadays and happened to have great fighters fall into their laps. When that happens they can appear great if they are excellent at making a game plan for an individual fight, but they are teaching these dudes a better version of the basics.

Last edited:
Man, Oliveira missed weight by 10lbs for his fight tomorrow. His record of missing weigh via Bloody Elbow.

View media item 2220610
And Paul Daley was pulled from his fight at Bellator due to a weight cut issue as well.

These dudes been in the game too long to mess up that much.

Last edited:
Absolutely it could be but there's no real way of knowing who contributed more or less to his run

A lot of it is timing IMO of where a fighter is at in his life and what he needs in that period of time. I don't just mean skills either, but game planning, mental prep and perspective

Cordero also helped werdum ..

That's not to say coaches don't get stale or stuck in their ways . For me personally I believe Cordero had a lot to do with both werdums and rdas recent success

Man what's up with all these fighters missing weight lately? Charles Oliveira, John Lineker, Alex Oliveira, Mackenzie Dern.. :smh:

Absolutely it could be but there's no real way of knowing who contributed more or less to his run

A lot of it is timing IMO of where a fighter is at in his life and what he needs in that period of time. I don't just mean skills either, but game planning, mental prep and perspective

Cordero also helped werdum ..
That's not to say coaches don't get stale or stuck in their ways . For me personally I believe Cordero had a lot to do with both werdums and rdas recent success

Running in with his chin up was definitely classic Chute Boxe...

I get what you're saying about timing though, things fall into place and people improve. I just think a lot of coaches get too much credit for an extraordinary athlete that just happened to walk through their doors.

RDA said he does give Cordeiro some credit for his improvement, just not exclusive credit. Apparently he would only train there three days a week when he was repping them.

He was an idiot for chasing stipe around like that, classic case of being too hyped in your homeland. it's easy to point to the low point for werdum :smile:

Seriously though all comes down to the fighter and what he feels most comfortable with. If moving on is the path then take it you can't second guess or be half way in

Charles Oliveira has shown he can make 145. He made 143 for his Pettis fight?

That just tells me his mismanaging his weight in between fights

He's missed weight 5 times in 11 fights. He's barely batting .500. Lineker missed weight 4 times before he was forced to move up, it's time Oliveira to move up as well. I mean TEN pounds?

diego sanchez is still a funny dude. He's facing a grappler and said he's prepared. He'll have shaved silky smooth legs and he used a pumice stone so his heels will be silky smooth too.

Nobody watching the card?

Somebody needs to tell this bun Chris Avila he is not Nick or Nate, he lacks all their skills and still tries to fight exactly like them.

I just hope somebody gives Grasso's opponent a piece of clothing so she can be free. Word to Dobby.

Back
Top Bottom