The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Good stuff, people in the industry starting to really get on the mcgregor train

I was just thinking the other day, it'll be interesting seeing conor fight as a champion instead of the challenger. In most of his recent fights he's been "the favorite" in the betting lines but to a majority of the fans and media he's been long doubted. Especially after his loss to Diaz

Now that everyone is on his nuts does he still train and fight with a chip on his shoulder? Not saying he'll get complacent but the whole dynamic is about to change if it hasn't already. Like he'll get the respect he's been seeking so I wonder how he conducts himself in and out of the cage

Fat Boy needs to be stripped of his title :smh:

If I'm Dana I think you officially strip McGreGOAT of the 145 belt, them have Josie show up in Canada to have a stare down with the winner of Pettis/Hollaway.

206 ends with the announcement of a match for the Undisputed Featherweight Championship

Last edited:
AKA needs to change their strategy man.. They can legit run the UFC with Cain, DC, Rockhold and Khabib but they can't stay healthy for their lives. What the hell are they doing at AKA?

Haven't heard what the injury is, but ive known for awhile now his knee has been messed up. I wanna see the pettis/holloway fight but was pumped for this main event

I think we already knew AKAs training causes injuries, it's been mentioned many times in this thread.

Pretty cold when they lay it out like this.....

"Promotion officials are scrambling to figure out a new main event, but it’s not yet clear if they’ll be able to keep Johnson on the card or not, as the options for a new opponent are scarce. Former champion Jon Jones is under suspension and Johnson has recently knocked out the other top 5 light heavyweights"

Last edited:
Apparently Rumble fighting at HW is an option.

He has before when he beat Arlovski.

Last edited:
Maybe they should merge this upcoming weekend's The Ultimate Fighter Finale card with the 206 card.

Throw Mighty Mouse into the main event slot and put Benavidez vs. Cejudo on the main card as a replacement for Evans/Kennedy

damn I feel for AJ

yeah theres pretty much no one to fight for him...

if they do get him a fight this weekend its more so for compensation

I wonder if its cormiers knee he recently had surgery on...

RIP to any light heavyweight trying to fight Rumble on short notice.

And he could do the heavyweight thing but that's kinda unfair to AJ. Why does he have to be put at a weight disadvantage now because Cormier can't stay healthy.

Sucks for him but his best bet might be to just sit it out

I mean, Bader is pretty much the only option to replace DC

At this point they should try to find a completely different main event. I think Bader should just fight the winner of DC/Johnson.. Johnson deserves to fight DC

Not even Bader wants to see Rumble/Bader 2.

Just throw Conor/Nate 3 on 206, it's not like they haven't fought each other on short notice before, :lol:

Or I suppose Dana could kiss and make up w/ GSP...

Last edited by a moderator:
ufc got a major problem. any event without mcgregor/rousey/cm punk is going to be on fight pass/fs1 :lol:

they need to beg conor not to take an extended break or start booking some mega fights.

big name guys who were suppose to headline a PPV not even making it to the event. got a bunch of drug abusers from jacked up guys to limp-dicked fighters getting popped, fighters constantly getting injured during camp, not making weight, etc.

Last edited:
gsp_dancing_tvshow2.gif

Back
Top Bottom