The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Cyborg shot herself in the foot though after saying if they don't no give her fights at 145 she'll walk. They created a title and are basically trying to hand it to her on a platter because she'll only be fighting cans anyway, but she said no.

They give you two months notice to essentially get a title if you can make weight and you can't make the weight? Or can you not cycle off in time?

What's she going to ask for now a 155 division?

She can take a hike back to Invicta with that garbage.

Last edited:
Could she make weight if she stopped juicing weight training for a year?

Last edited:
Well according to the article, Cyborg says she can do the fights at 145lbs, but she needs 12 weeks notice to prepare. Not 8 week, not 10 weeks. The reason why she needs 12 weeks is b/c she just got out of the hospital from the previous severe weight cut at 140. A fighter's health is much more important than any belt, or trying to save a PPV card.

Dana is not pleased with cowboy

I’m a little shocked that Cowboy Cerrone didn’t give me a call. If you’re that unhappy or whatever. Let me tell you this, too. First of all, he’s only headlined like three fights, right? Fight Nights. He’s headlined three fights in his career, never held a title in the WEC, never held a title in the UFC, right? And a couple of years ago, he was on his boat, he gets into a beef with a guy in another boat. He’s in big trouble. Who does he call? He calls me. What do I do? I go out and find him the best criminal defense lawyer and I spent over $100,000 of my own money.

So, when I see Cowboy standing up there, it’s like really? Alright

Last edited:
Well according to the article, Cyborg says she can do the fights at 145lbs, but she needs 12 weeks notice to prepare. Not 8 week, not 10 weeks. The reason why she needs 12 weeks is b/c she just got out of the hospital from the previous severe weight cut at 140. A fighter's health is much more important than any belt, or trying to save a PPV card.

She shouldn't be making any kind of demands if that is the case. Odds are her prior steroid abuse plays a huge roll in how damaging the weightcut was.

Send her a pink slip and move on, there aren't enough massive women for her to compete against anyway. She might as well move over to the Rizin freak show.

If cowboy isn't happy why did he resign with UFC over the summer?
Out of loyalty he stuck with Dana you can always hear it in his interviews how much he cares about the UFC brand overall

How did Patrick Cummings make 300k?
Jesus....

I think it's a stretch to say that fighters "aren't happy"

More accurate that they want their fair share, which they should
I agree. It's semantics. Fighters like what they do and now they're realizing their worth. Whether they're happy or not doesn't really matter... this is their life

BREAKING: Valentina Shevchenko vs. Julianna Pena headlines FOX UFC Fight Night in Denver on January 28th, 2017

If Conor can make 145, how the hell can Cyborg not? Roids is a hell of a drug

She can make 145. She just recently got out the hospital and needs time for her body to heal up before cutting again. plus shes been fighting at 140 the past 2 fights.

So now that they announced that Conor is taking 10 months off, do we get Ferg/Khabib for the interim 155?

Back
Top Bottom