The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

According to Wikipedia, he's a brown belt.

Shonuf.gif

There ain't no way that dude is a brown belt. Granted, Nate is a Gracie Black Belt but he looked straight lost.

I love Conor but well rounded he is not, which is why I fear the move to LW. Top 5 all use some type of grappling and posses solid striking.

Wow. Those ppv percentages are no joke. I thought he was full of bs inflating his money. Thought maybe he got close to 8 figures. Who would've thought an irish guy who acts like a jackass would make the most money in the sport. You look at some of the all time great ufc fighters and they never saw money like that.

Conor's BJJ is legit. He swept Nate. But there's levels to this ****.

People don't realize Kavanaugh is a BJJ coach, first.

I mean.

SBGs newest Brown Belt. Prize fighting is for the short term but the Martial Arts way is for … http://t.co/ZQCGMZkIVH pic.twitter.com/il2nsT2khv
— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) September 28, 2014

View media item 2194352

He's got decent BJJ, but getting a brown belt from Kavanagh isn't the same as getting from top Brazilians dominating the BJJ scene (and/or memembers of their competition teams).

There is truth to what Eddie was saying at the press conference. Why does he have so many BJJ coaches? If Kavanagh was that legit he wouldn't need to bring in entirely other dudes to improve his BJJ game.

Last edited:
He's got decent BJJ, but getting a brown belt from Kavanagh isn't the same as getting from top Brazilians dominating the BJJ scene (and/or memembers of their competition teams).

There is truth to what Eddie was saying at the press conference. Why does he have so many BJJ coaches? If Kavanagh was that legit he wouldn't need to bring in entirely other dudes to improve his BJJ game.

Not saying it's the same, but proving that he has a brown belt. A brown belt from kavanagh isn't much to laugh at either. He coached Gunnar Nelson to a brown belt but couldn't give him a black belt because he wasn't a black belt for 6 years get himself. Gunnar went on to get a black belt from Renzo Gracie in less than a year, so that's got to say something about Conors BJJ

Yeah he's a brown belt which is completely different than the white belt someone in here suggested he was :lol:

Love seeing Karolina bae on a poster. Wonder if she'll have an afterparty I can go to.

You guys think Thompson will get the belt?

Back
Top Bottom