The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

Demanding an exception to rules RE sponsors and more money than he is worth would be unreasonable. The sport has grown too much in his absence for him to think he's still as relevant as a lot of the current top tier competition. Dude walked away at the top of the sport with his final fight being a garbage decision win that should've seen him lose his title.

Ownership has changed hands, the new owners likely don't care about what GSP did in the sport because he was gone when they bought it and he's been inactive for 3 years.

He probably could've pulled this off with Bellator, but not in the UFC.

Want to see how this GSP situation plays out. He has a point though about his grandfather in contract compared to the new contracts. 

For Dana to say the whole time that the man doesn't want to fight no more, when GSP been trying to get back in the UFC is wrong on Dana's part.

If GSP does get out of he contract, I wonder if that will open the flood gates for other fighters on doing the same.

I think theres 2 things holding the situation back

1. Dana doesn't want to pay GSP $10 million
2. Under Armor

I'm just glad this could be a catalyst to some possible change. I'm getting tired of the UFC and Dana. The direction they're going in scares me and they're only getting more delusional 

Hoping Conor turns on them soon and yes, the Conor dynamic is a part of what I'm referring to with the direction they're going in

Last edited:
I need to look up if trash reebok is actually selling their ufc merchandise. As ugly as mma clothing can be, at least it's not boring like the ufc stuff.

I think theres 2 things holding the situation back

1. Dana doesn't want to pay GSP $10 million
2. Under Armor

He's asking for $10 mil? I respect the man. And he was definitely one of the hugest draws but both he and Ronda been gone for a minute, so there's no telling the buy rate they could comment.

Do I think MMA fighters should eventually command $10 mil? Yeah but Connor is the only one moving units at the moment.

10M is nothing compared what the UFC has and continues to make

Last edited:
The Asians gonna take over the 145 division. Ishihara, Korean Superboy and Korean Zombie.

Last edited:
I **** with Cruz but Aldo is gonna murder him. Too fast, too powerful, and great leg kicks that he probably doesn't have to worry about throwing because Dom couldn't keep him on the ground, if he even manages to get him down in the first place.

If Dom somehow pulls that out tho he might have strong argument for #1 p4p in the sport, that's a ridiculously tough win for him

Back
Top Bottom