The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

@arielhelwani 6m6 minutes ago
Bisping: this man is a cheat, this man is a fraud. All the needles in your *** won't help you tomorrow, you p*ssy.

I hope Spider finishes what Hendo started and decapitates this man with a head kick.

dudes in here would get ate up at a conor mcgregor press confrence...lol so many feelings being caught the last 2 pages :lol:

He might mix in ballet with his MMA training, but the heel gimmick nullifies what you are selling as him being a martial artist.

Have you ever taken martial arts? One of the main aspects of any traditional martial art is respect and humility, he lacks both.

Bruce Lee was a true martial artist, McGregor is a decent fighter with a a gimmick and a bad attitude.

gim·mick

ˈɡimik/

noun

a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

By definition you're admitting that the McGregor character isnt tge real Conor. You get to see that after his fights. He always seems humble and respectful in his post fight octagon interviews and in tge post fight presser.

The reality is this: the UFC is an entertainment promotion. Americans aren't generally taught the moral values that are taught in martial arts. For the most part they are irrational, disrespectful fanatics that dont care about discipline and humility. If they were Mighty Mouse would be as big as Conor and Ronda.

Not only that, but the ufc doesnt have a union. These guys will not be taken care of when they start experiencing the long term effects of getting your brain rattled; CTE, dementia etc.

Conor has acknowledged these 2 points time and time again. I respect that.

"Either you play the game or watch the game play you, and be the broke (brain dead) mu***** talking 'bout 'I stayed true'" - Kenny Florian.

gim·mick

ˈɡimik/

noun

By definition you're admitting that the McGregor character isnt tge real Conor. You get to see that after his fights. He always seems humble and respectful in his post fight octagon interviews and in tge post fight presser.

The reality is this: the UFC is an entertainment promotion. Americans aren't generally taught the moral values that are taught in martial arts. For the most part they are irrational, disrespectful fanatics that dont care about discipline and humility. If they were Mighty Mouse would be as big as Conor and Ronda.

Not only that, but the ufc doesnt have a union. These guys will not be taken care of when they start experiencing the long term effects of getting your brain rattled; CTE, dementia etc.

"Either you play the game or watch the game play you, and be the broke (brain dead) mu***** talking 'bout 'I stayed true'" - Kenny Florian.

*The Rock clap gif

gim·mick

ˈɡimik/

noun

His gimmick is just an exaggeration of his normal disrespectful attitude. He lacks respect and humility for the most part, I don't care how complementary he is of his ballet instructor/side piece Ido or what people in his camp try to say to make him seem like a good guy. Post fight statements mean nothing when all you do is turn around and continue to spew the same ignorant garbage about the same opponent thereafter.

As far as Americans not understanding that moral values are key components in martial arts, I don't disagree. Fact is, MMA gyms are filled with idiots that want to learn how to fight while not viewing it as martial arts. And a fair number of the gyms they attend do nothing but perpetuate this. Same goes for the basic fan that swallows all the WWE shenanigans sold by the UFCs worst characters.

Reminds me of the idiots I saw at amateur shows 14+ years ago just yelling "eff him up" with no regard for technique. Plenty of constant posters in here are exactly that.

dudes in here would get ate up at a conor mcgregor press confrence...lol so many feelings being caught the last 2 pages :lol:

Not me, i'm too smart for that garbage. Plus i've seen too much pro wrestling trash talk for 3 decades now.

If being disrespectful made you the money Conor makes you'd be disrespectful too

I always thought at his core conor was respectful/humble.

you see glances of it here and there when the real him pops up....IE after the aldo loss he gave aldo mad respect, same with chad, saw a glimpse of it in the nate presser....

hes got the black hat on right now, and he look damn good in it.

His gimmick is just an exaggeration of his normal disrespectful attitude. He lacks respect and humility for the most part, I don't care how complementary he is of his ballet instructor/side piece Ido or what people in his camp try to say to make him seem like a good guy. Post fight statements mean nothing when all you do is turn around and continue to spew the same ignorant garbage about the same opponent thereafter.

As far as Americans not understanding that moral values are key components in martial arts, I don't disagree. Fact is, MMA gyms are filled with idiots that want to learn how to fight while not viewing it as martial arts. And a fair number of the gyms they attend do nothing but perpetuate this. Same goes for the basic fan that swallows all the WWE shenanigans sold by the UFCs worst characters.

Reminds me of the idiots I saw at amateur shows 14+ years ago just yelling "eff him up" with no regard for technique. Plenty of constant posters in here are exactly that.

Like I said, I don't see the point in judging anyone that I do not know personally. Especially if all you see is a magnified version of an entertainer. Not a person in this thread knows who Conor McGregor truly is, or any of the UFC fighters on the roster.

I ignore the WWE shenanigans and enjoy the true test of martial arts combat. I leave all the other extra drama to the fanatics.

I wouldn't, I have a policy of not being a douche.

Repped. :smokin

Last edited:
Conor is a entertainer .... He is selling his fights.

As much trash as he talked, during the UFC I personally gained more respect. The initial speech he gave to the fighters was real. Dude has no filter and speak the truth. He straight told Faber about TJ and company .... When Faber tried to punk him about fighting him, Conor straight told Faber, I wanted to pound his *** but Dana didn't want to and he almost didn't do the show.

Dude during Diaz conference admitted he respected Diaz because he thought Diaz was real and not a ***** .... so again dude is real. He toyed with Aldo, got on his head, predicted how the fight would end because of studying videos and he delivered. We can't get mad because he has been KOing dudes effortlessly .. Hell that's what we loved about Tyson the brutal KO power and his trash talking... Not sure what's the difference ... 

Again, I think that at some point or another Conor will probably get exposed on the ground, but until then he has been walking the walk ..... 

Last edited:
IMO more fighters would be like Conor if they could talk like Conor, but they can't. It's a special skill and special wit to do the things he does

Not saying I agree with his antics or anything but I see other fighters trying to talk smack and promote now and it's just like, wow, you're terrible at it

I always thought at his core conor was respectful/humble.

you see glances of it here and there when the real him pops up....IE after the aldo loss he gave aldo mad respect, same with chad, saw a glimpse of it in the nate presser....

hes got the black hat on right now, and he look damn good in it.

Glimpses of humility followed by more disparaging remarks and insults mean nothing.

In due time, he'll look like a fool just as Rousey did. Only difference being that he's a guy, so people won't take it easy on him like they did with the UFC's white trash crown princess.

Yeah, Conor is exactly like Ronda.

Except instead of flipping people off, not shaking hands, and telling people "don't cry" after wins... he gives them props and talks about how much he respects them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom