The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

PFLellator is sooo sad. I thought it would be a match made in heaven. But it’s been a wet thud.
You're not wrong. So tomorrow's card has intriguing matchups but no one's really talking about it. On a pod they were joking how the PFL CEO is making things extremely confusing as it seemed guys were going to be PFL tournament exclusive and other guys doing one off Bellator cards but then you have Doumbe doing both this year smh.

You're not wrong. So tomorrow's card has intriguing matchups but no one's really talking about it. On a pod they were joking how the PFL CEO is making things extremely confusing as it seemed guys were going to be PFL tournament exclusive and other guys doing one off Bellator cards but then you have Doumbe doing both this year smh.
I heard that on the Ringer MMA show yesterday. The worst thing is to have a confusing product.

I feel like Bellator notoriety has gotten worse. I also don't know what's up with the PFL Season. The loss of Harrison is huge.

And still….#1 contender….Tommy Aspinal!!!

Tom just gotta take it on the chin because of foolish politics. He beat Blaydes then there’s no reason to fight anyone else besides Jon. Jon don’t want to fight. Strip him.

I beat Jon to the punch.

He might not be wrong either. I thought Almeida would beat Blaydes...and Curtis came with the upset.

Best MMA podcasts? Recs?
I used to enjoy DC and Ryan Clark, but haven’t enjoyed Chael as much.

Best MMA podcasts? Recs?
I've been consuming a good deal of the MMAFighting pods lately such as Between the Links, their preview and post fight shows + Mike Heck's Heck of a Morning pods.
Also like The Ringer MMA Show (hosted by Ariel and he's joined by Petesy Carroll and Chuck Mindenhall), they also do post shows after the PPV's.

Another is Morning Kombat that do shows only Mondays currently.

Stipe going to be 42 in November!! Hasn’t fought in more than three years.

They got us waiting more than a year to see who is less washed?

Did ya see the Luke Thomas indictment about ESPN+?

I try to use it on my iPad or iPhone and that app crashes constantly. I literally have to look for alternate methods to watch fights.

Best MMA podcasts? Recs?
Have you tried Good Guy, Bad Guy with DC and Chael?
I've been consuming a good deal of the MMAFighting pods lately such as Between the Links, their preview and post fight shows + Mike Heck's Heck of a Morning pods.
Also like The Ringer MMA Show (hosted by Ariel and he's joined by Petesy Carroll and Chuck Mindenhall), they also do post shows after the PPV's.

MMAfighting podcasts is definitely my favorite podcast network.

Their post fight shows are great entertainment and a great recap if you don’t watch.

Heck of a Morning is a great sports radio type show. BTL is good too with the Jeb versus everyone theme. I like their career retrospective episodes. The Khabib one was great.

Morning Kombat is great, BC not withstanding.

Luke Thomas post fight and AMA show are great.

I still get down with Ariel. But my issue is I listen in an old car and can’t skip the dart, pro wrestling segments.

I also like SevereMMA podcasts even though it’s more European/Irish centric.

I like the show Crookie with John Nash show since it gets into the financials.

Heavy Hands is decent.

Speaking of Mma fighting, I am listening to their preview show and the first thing they bring up: everytime barboza has had a main event there’s been a box office boxing match on the same night

Jake Paul, fury/Dillon Danis, now again fury

You just don’t get those little tidbits from any other mma outfit. Mmafighting is simply the best out there

Saw it went splitty

Btw earlier today I heard the bellator promo commercial: they marketed this event as “Cedric doumbes bellator debut”

They billed it as “the first time Americans can stream Cedric doumbe live”

I HAS CONFUSE

WHO IS FIGHTING WHERE
ARE THERE TWO ORGS
WHY CANT THEY JUST BE PFL
DOES IT MATTER THAT HE MADE HIS BELLATOR DEBUT WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT THAT WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE

YEEEEEHAWWWWWW A BELLATOR WIN!!!! HIS FIRST!!!!! WHAT A MOMENT IN HISTORYYYY!!! AHHHHHHHHH

AND WAIT ITS ANTHONY PETTIS!!!! OMG ITS THE FIGHT WEVE BEEN DYING FOR WEVE BEEN WAITING DECADES FOR THIS HISTORICAL MATCHUP THANK YOU PFL FOR MAKING ALL OF OUR WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE

Photographer being careful with the angles.

IMG_4343.jpeg

Best MMA podcasts? Recs?
Agreed with what everyone recommended. MMA Fighting has the best preview/post fight coverage. Different panelists point of views who've been covering the game for 12+ years is great.

It all comes down to what you're really in to though. I love the technical breakdowns and data driven analysis the most so anything off Luke Thomas channel and the heavy hands podcast is what I ho to the most.

If you enjoyed the DC/RC pod I'd say give Anik/Florian a try. They have weekly guests on and betting stuff attached to it but they do a good 45-1hr on just covering fights and news before the other segments.

Got PFLattor'd hard today. Didn't realize the fights were happening already when i got to the house. Went to ESPN+ looking for the fights but nah they only show PFL the season. Looked through DAZN but they only show PFL international. Went through the social accounts and saw it was a Bellator champions card and it was on MAX the entire time. Finally got it on to see Chael asking Tatiana about who won :smh:.

****s exhausting trynna navigate wth is going on man :lol:. Yall ain't the NFL, ain't nobody trynna shuffle through networks to catch 2 fights on yall card.

Back
Top Bottom