The NBA Draft Thread

15 PPG seems like a real possibility for me. 20 is probably unlikely, but if you're a lottery team that is a borderline playoff team or already one (Raptors) you can do really well drafting Hield.

He's perfect in Toronto if they get rid of DeRozan which they won't.

I see a career path like Jodie Meeks, Wayne Ellington and Anthony Morrow for Hield where he's probably best served coming off the bench. But he can be a placeholder as a starter, provided his defense is just tolerable enough.

I'd love to see him prove me wrong. Shooters are the best.

15 PPG seems like a real possibility for me. 20 is probably unlikely, but if you're a lottery team that is a borderline playoff team or already one (Raptors) you can do really well drafting Hield.

He's perfect in Toronto if they get rid of DeRozan which they won't.
I kinda like him off the bench there the most if they keep DeRozan. Can prob play a 3 guard lineup at times with them two and Lowry.

I see a career path like Jodie Meeks, Wayne Ellington and Anthony Morrow for Hield where he's probably best served coming off the bench. But he can be a placeholder as a starter, provided his defense is just tolerable enough.

A better Meeks is very plausible.

Last edited:

My head says this too but I hope he flourishes

I don't get the Richardson infatuation.

Edit:

Well I guess I do, 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. But I don't see much of a basketball player right now.

I don't like Richardson either. Been hating on him since HS. He did something in a game that pissed me off....been unreasonably sour on him ever since :lol: idc.

He played well this year though. Something bout that kid doesn't sit right with me....my instincts are never off.

He was the best player during Cuse's run over the course of that tournament IMO. Irrational confidence guy of that team nobody said deserved an invite, so that's something at least to raise when we're talking about a shooter. Not high on him either.

Last edited:
He and Norman Powell do occupy too much of the same role.

Not like it matters because you'll still be stuck with DeRozan. :lol:

Chad Ford 9.0 mock draft news and notes

Ben Simmons has improved jumper, added strength, big gap between him and INgram for number 1 in Sixers orginization

Ingram has made the transition to NBA 3 point line "effortlessly"

Marquess Chriss has "strong intrest" from Celtics, Suns, Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets, Kings and Raptors

Buddy Heild might be slipping teams "coming to grips" with the fact that he's undersized, lacks upside.

Dejounte Murray range is 8-17 (wow)

Domatas Sabonis shot it well from NBA 3 in workouts, looks more explosive. Very likely a lottery pick.

Malachi Richardson could go as high as 12, shooting it really well in workouts, teams like his legth.
Dejounte Murray 

how do you play in todays game with that?

i watched a couple games and highlights and he doesnt even think about the jumpshot. 

cant lie...hes shifty as hell with the rock in his hands tho. 

Last edited:
Jamal Crawford on Marquesse Chris:

"We were working out all last summer. Very, very athletic. Very skilled. So young - he'll make a play, 'Like how do you do that?' But it was almost like a young mistake, like he'll jump off the wrong leg, use the wrong hand dunking on a reverse, like, 'How did you do that?' How do you even dream that up?'

That ultimate project. :lol:

Said he'll only get better because he's a worker and driven to be good, said he'd be a good pick at No. 5 "for the future."

:wow: at the DOB's on this year's Eurocamp 'Next Gen' crop:

View media item 2061344

Last edited:
Speaking of Chriss, I'd like to compile a list of recent prospects that picked up ball late in the developmental cycle (like say 13-14 years old). Just curious on how many came close to their potential label during their respective draft time.

Last edited:
Steve Kyler, don't know about his credibility, said 6 to NOP might be Hield's floor.

More:

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki
According to reports Kris Dunn refuses to workout for the Celtics & Suns.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
Lakers announce they are working out Brandon Ingram Thursday at their facility. Ingram is expected to go 2nd in draft to Lakers.

Harrison Wind @NBAWind
A prospect at the Nuggets pre-draft workout this morning said a current player on the roster told him that "there's not that much in Denver"

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki
According to reports Kris Dunn refuses to workout for the Celtics & Suns.

Jeff Skversky @JeffSkversky
No to Ben Simmons?

John Calipari says Sixers should Take Jamal Murray #1 instead of Simmons & Brandon Ingram

Really? NO!

Last edited:
Speaking of Chriss, I'd like to compile a list of recent prospects that picked up ball late in the developmental cycle (like say 13-14 years old). Just curious on how many came close to their potential label during their respective draft time.

Ibaka
Embiid

Clarkson

Embiid?

Ibaka's parents both played for the Congo national team. He's been playing ball his whole life.

Back
Top Bottom