The NBA Draft Thread

I'm sorry, but Valentine being compared to Green is atrocious. Just rancid. Seems like Green is becoming the easy guy to compare prospects to

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but Valentine being compared to Green is atrocious. Just rancid. Seems like Green is becoming the easy guy to compare prospects to

I would say that from the perspective that he can be an off guard/ undersized 3 version on Offense alone. Has some merit.

Able to shoot the 3. Was an excellent rebounder and distributor. There's SOME of the versatility on offense for a slight comparison.

Where the problem is and it breaks down is he'll be a liability on defense. Also who knows if it translates.

But if he translates to NBA. He can give you some of that versatility. On offense alone. But because Dray means so much on both sides, DV will never be THAT guy

Last edited:
I would say that from the perspective that he can be an off guard/ undersized 3 version on Offense alone. Has some merit.

Able to shoot the 3. Was an excellent rebounder and distributor. There's SOME of the versatility on offense for a slight comparison.

Where the problem is and it breaks down is he'll be a liability on defense. Also who knows if it translates.

But if he translates to NBA. He can give you some of that versatility. On offense alone. But because Dray means so much on both sides, DV will never be THAT guy
I mean, aren't there other players we can compare him to that make more sense? Just because he's a versatile guy who can rebound, pass and shoot, it doesn't automatically make Green a comp. IDK

Marc Stein:

ESPN sources say that the Celtics, so far, have been stifled in their attempts to turn the No. 3 pick into an established veteran via trade.

Story going online details Boston's thwarted attempts to trade for Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward or either Jabari Parker or Khris Middleton.

Utah, sources say, is telling interested teams Gordon Hayward is unavailable. Ditto for Milwaukee with Jabari Parker and Khris Middleton.

I mean, aren't there other players we can compare him to that make more sense? Just because he's a versatile guy who can rebound, pass and shoot, it doesn't automatically make Green a comp. IDK

Absolutely. It's just easier to compare him to the guy who is playing now or most recently.

Can't compare a late 2nd rounder to Speedy Claxton.

Boston's assets aren't all that valuable?

WHO WOULDA THUNK IT [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Ainge is an f'n genius/master thief when it comes to racking up draft picks... but his draft pick history is weird

I don't criticize his ability to gain assets at all though

Last edited:
Watching this Draft special on NBATV, Jaylen Brown is definitely an intriguing character, off the court lol

"I look at basketball like a game of chess... I'm the king and everyone else are pawns"

"My role model was Tracy McGrady..."

"I want to use basketball to help people, I've been blessed, it would be great to win 10 championships but my true calling is to help people"

I'm telling you, these types scare me...

These quotes are bonkers. :lol:

It wouldn't scare me if he knew how to play basketball.

Alas he doesn't.

Last edited:
I don't see anything too wrong with these comps for Chriss. Do I think he pans out to these ceilings? I have a feeling, no. It was encouraging however to see him shoot. Not bad at all

I feel like his athleticism is getting him overhyped 

Regarding Chriss
Among first round picks, only Thaddeus Young (who played mostly SF in college) had a worse defensive rebounding rate in the draft's last 30 years.

Last edited:
Young McDyess was a monster
sick.gif
Yeah, that type of athletic beast was just a different level than what Chriss shows in game at least. To be fair, I never saw Dice at the same age as Chriss

And yup, Chriss and Bender both struggle rebounding

Last edited:

Chicago being stubborn. They should seriously consider blowing it up
With that Front Office and Ownership??? I'd rather not
Someone give me a comparison for this Marqueses Chriss kid. From a couple of vids I saw he seems like the perfect 3 and D and stretch 4 guy.

See alot of Aaron Gordon in him if he reaches his defensive potential or a Jeff Green type player.
I see Tyrus Thomas/Jeff Green hybrid 
smile.gif

So you're spending a top 5 pick on a kid who was ranked outside the top 50 in his high school class, fouls at an extremely high rate, doesn't know how to play defense, doesn't care to rebound or get a body on his man, has an ok shot that you hope will translate?

You're waiting 4 years atleast before you get any production out of the kid. I understand the athleticism and hoping it all comes together but it's a huge risk this high.

His best chance to be successful could be at SF as wild as it may sound

Draft.net has Philly taking Simmons, Bembry and Jackson. Draftexpress has something similar...

I wouldn't be mad at that at all if I was a Philly fan

Back
Top Bottom