The NBA Draft Thread

It's really depressing to see Giles. :smh:

Athleticism and mobility has taken a big hit.

I was so hype to see this Duke team this year with Giles and Tatum. Watching him try to run down the court is an ugly sight to see right now. I haven't seen one reason why anybody should pick him this year in the top 15-20 picks. His athleticism and mobility is pretty damn bad right now, his offensive game is rough as all hell and he's going to be an injury risk every time he steps on the floor.

Thought yesterday was Lonzo's most impressive performance thus far. His ability to completely control the tempo of the game is special. He got off to an incredible start hitting several 3s, getting to the basket and making great passes.

Still hasn't shown any kind of in-between game though. Once he advances past the 3 point line, he either keeps going to the hoop if it's open or passes back out to the 3 point line if it's not. Almost seems like he lacks creativity in that sense, which sounds weird to even say considering his high bball IQ. He has shown that he can hit pull up 3s, so I don't think he can't do it. Seems like he just chooses not to. Very weird.

I'm still not sold on Ball, wouldn't touch him if I was a top 7 team.

I don't see him beating NBA defenders off the dribble, he hasn't shown elite PnR skills, and him getting his shot off at the NBA level is also suspect.

He's got the ideal size, great in the open floor and is a great passer but I would still take some of the other guys over him.

Ball has converted me, I think he's got a higher floor than any non Fultz prospect, his flaw in his jumper might stop him from being a superstar but I have full confidence that he's a true talent 40% spot up 3 point shooter.

I've seen a couple nice pick and roll passes even though he doesn't really have to do it that often with UCLA's drive and kick offence

his intelligence, size and instincts on D make it difficult to imagine him not being very effective starter even if he can't shoot it off the dribble going to his right.

but if Fox can't shoot and never develops that part of his game that dramatically limits his effectiveness at the next level.

Last edited:
I too am a fan of ball because I don't have any grand expectations for him. If he gets to franchise level more power to him

Wouldnt be mad if a team selected him top 5

I expect him to be at least a Jrue holiday level player in the league. As a floor you can't be mad at that if it pans out that way

Btw, which pg prospect would be the best fit with Simmons? Assuming they go that route. Bayless is a great stop gap next year as a place holder

Btw, which pg prospect would be the best fit with Simmons? Assuming they go that route. Bayless is a great stop gap next year as a place holder
I feel like Ball's ability to be a knockdown 3 point shooter would be a pretty good fit alongside Simmons. Seems like 3 shooters is exactly what you should be surrounding Embiid and Simmons with.

I feel like Ball's ability to be a knockdown 3 point shooter would be a pretty good fit alongside Simmons. Seems like 3 shooters is exactly what you should be surrounding Embiid and Simmons with.
I disrespected McConnell btw he's a nice place holder too

I enjoy watching balls decision making. If he can play off ball no pun it could be real nice. All that size.. fultz mesh with Simmons?

How does Anunoby's knee injury affect his draft stock? Late 1st/early 2nd round?

Loved him as a late lottery pick

The open floor, unselfishness of the team and the overall IQ will be off the charts. That's also including Saric who is a very good playmaker in his own right. Also, Sauce has been playing part time PG with all the injuries and held his own.

I can see Brown having fun with this lineup:

Embiid
Saric
Simmons
Sauce
Ball

Everyone but Simmons can spread the floor and literally everyone can finish strong at the rim.

Last edited:
You aren't getting the Lakers pick .

Suckage of the Nets, Suns, Heat and Kings with no Gay the rest of the year >>> Lakers

Too much talent on the Lakers for them to finish with a worse record than those teams. You're giving us that pick anywhere from 4-10 this year. Get over it.

If Sauce is the fifth best player on the court, I am completely fine with that. He is playing well this season.

Back
Top Bottom