The NBA Draft Thread

I dont think he goes top 5. Monk might fall right into the Sixers laps in that 5-7 range.

If Celtics get the #1 pick do they draft Fultz or trade down?

Last edited:
I dont think he goes top 5. Monk might fall right into the Sixers laps in that 5-7 range.

If Celtics get the #1 pick do they draft Fultz or trade down?
They are taking Fultz and not thinking twice. Will then trade Avery Bradley to open up the minutes for him.

Man I'm weary on these small 2 guards like Monk ever since my favorite player of all time Dajuan Wagner didn't work out in the NBA.  I still remember telling everybody Wagner was going to be the GOAT and better than MJ smh made me look like a fool

Man I'm weary on these small 2 guards like Monk ever since my favorite player of all time Dajuan Wagner didn't work out in the NBA.  I still remember telling everybody Wagner was going to be the GOAT and better than MJ smh made me look like a fool

Wagner didn't work out because he had serious internal health issues, he was playing his best ball before they got discovered.

Not really accurate comparison.

I kinda like that Ben Gordon comp for Monk although I do think BG got to the rack a little more when he was at UConn...

Last edited:
Looks like all the draft nerds and make believe gms are on their high horse this am :lol:. Just itching to prove they sit on their *** in front of a TV and watch more than the next man, living vicariously thru **** vitale. I said somewhat, reminds ME, of harden's game. So smd
Take your L for the silly post man. It's ok.
I kinda like that Ben Gordon comp for Monk although I do think BG got to the rack a little more when he was at UConn...
Yea plus BG was cold off the dribble... 1 on 1 with the live dribble BG was a nightmare.

Why the hell is that game on the PAC12 Network while Gonzaga playing trash *** Santa Clara is on ESPN2 and UC Irvine at Long Beach State is on ESPNU.....?

I just don't understand how one learns to shoot with form like Lonzo has...Just doesn't make sense to me.

Really loving how this draft is shaping up.

Fultz, Ball, Dennis, Jackson, Markannen, Frank, Issac, Fox, Monk, Bridges.

Obviously I get hyped about every draft but this one actually feels warranted. :lol:

Last edited:
"Monta Ellis floor" :lol: y'all be having some high floors for everybody ...the draft never works like that

Man i think Malik Monk at best is 6th Man Of The Yr JR Smith but a slightly better defender

I dont think dude is gon be a star. His shot selection is dumb

Nah Monk's fundamentals and off ball movement are too good for him to be JR. He's not an idiot like him either.

At worst he's KCP...at best he's probably what Devin Booker is looking like right now

Although, I loved Booker at Kentucky and I like Monk even more than him.

Last edited:
Nah Monk's fundamentals and off ball movement are too good for him to be JR. He's not an idiot like him either.

At worst he's KCP...at best he's probably what Devin Booker is looking like right now

Although, I loved Booker at Kentucky and I like Monk even more than him.

Ben Mclemore is a much more reasonable floor for Monk.

For Monk to become JR Smith, he would still have to develop things, like a handle, and ability to pass.

Last edited:
Ben Mclemore is a much more reasonable floor for Monk.

For Monk to become JR Smith, he would still have to develop things, like a handle, and ability to pass.

Nah dog

Kid dropped 47 god damn points on UNC...he is not McLemore at all.

I can definitely see the Lou Will comparison

JR Smith ability to pass?? JR averages 2.2 assists per game for his career and sports a 1.2 APG average this year and has had 6 seasons of below 2 APG :lol:

JR Smith handle?? He's a catch and shoot from anywhere on the court player, JR has never had much of a handle at all.

Come on bro, JR smith definitely has a better handle than Monk. He's probably one of the best ISO scorers in the league. That's pretty much undebatable. JR is actually a very talented player, he's just dumb as rocks.

A high IQ JR smith would probably be considered the GOAT :lol:

Last edited:
Jr is a credible secondary ball handler and can run a pick and roll every now and then.

Back
Top Bottom