The NBA Draft Thread

NBA DRAFT 2017: STOCK REPORTS FOR TOP PROSPECTS AS CONFERENCE PLAY WINDS DOWN

3. Jonathan Isaac (Florida State, SF/PF, 6'10", Freshman)

Stock Report: Charging toward the elite

Jonathan Isaac occasionally gets lost in a deep Florida State rotation, but he's been consistent and efficient despite being used far less (21.6 percent) than other top forwards like Josh Jackson (28.1 percent) and Jayson Tatum (27.5 percent).

He's scored at least 15 points in five of the Seminoles' last seven games.

His perimeter toolbox, which consists of pull-ups and spot-up threes, stood out against North Carolina (17 points, January 14) and Notre Dame (23 points, January 18). Isaac made a number of plays above the rim against Syracuse (19 points, January 28) and Miami last Wednesday (15 points) before helping hold Clemson's Jaron Blossomgame to 11 points on Sunday.

Highly skilled, Isaac continues to flash glimpses of versatility that fuel mismatch potential and defensive upside. Unselfishness and toughness only make him more appealing.

He'll draw looks as high as No. 3 overall, but will likely need a strong postseason to go before Dennis Smith Jr. and Josh Jackson.

21/7 for JI tonight :pimp:

Honestly I might be leaning towards a set top 5 

Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Smith and Issac 

Leaning Fultz going first and then the next 4 selections up in the air

At this point.....that should be the consensus.

To me....it's:

1. Fultz
2. Jackson
3. Isaac
4. Ball
5. Smith

But like you said.....either of those are a toss up depending on fit. But based on pure rankings as prospects....that's how I see it.

Yup, Fultz is only the one who's solidified his spot to me.

It also all depends on the makeup of the team drafting.

Draftexpress wilding? Have Tatum at 5

Are we in agreement on the next 3? Any order of:

Fox, Monk, Markannan

At this point I'm leaning towards a locked top 8 picks

Draftexpress wilding? Have Tatum at 5

Are we in agreement on the next 3? Any order of:

Fox, Monk, Markannan

At this point I'm leaning towards a locked top 8 picks

So far, this seems like a lock.

Given Philly's current slump, there is a good chance they will land top 5. Do they go for talent (Smith, Ball, Isaac) or best fit (Monk)?

players that get hit with the versatile tag in college usually become tweeners in the league

Evan Turner is a prime example. He was the most "NBA Ready" and the safest bet going at #2. Derrick Williams and Beas are other #2 picks that turned out that way.

So far, this seems like a lock.

Given Philly's current slump, there is a good chance they will land top 5. Do they go for talent (Smith, Ball, Isaac) or best fit (Monk)?

Monk is the best combination of talent + fit for the Sixers. I really want him over anybody but Fultz for the Sixers in this draft. I'm all in on Monk and it's gonna take a lot to get me to think differently :lol:

Monk is shooting 42% on 8 attempts at 19 years old man :smh:.

After Fultz, he has to be #2 on their board.

Don't really understand DX having Ball to the Suns. Jackson seems like a perfect fit for them. The only argument I could see is if you think Ball is on a different tier than Jackson, but I don't personally agree with that. Regardless, if the top 3 ends up consisting of the Celtics, Lakers, and Suns, there is no way that Jackson falls out of that top 3.

I like Monk.....

But I'm getting some Ben Mclemore vibes from him though. Although, that may not be a bad thing.....as I think B-Mac struggles in the leagues have more to do with him and his situation....rather than skillset/ability.

Last edited:
Yeah, no way Tatum goes 5 and no way Ball goes to the Suns. The one thing I agree with is Giles falling to the 15/ 17 range.

I like Monk.....

But I'm getting some Ben Mclemore vibes from him though. Although, that may not be a bad thing.....as I think B-Mac struggles in the leagues have more to do with him and his situation....rather than skillset/ability.
My only disagreement with this sentiment is outside of Isaiah, all the other former Kings pick have stunk everywhere else they've gone.

McLemore played really well against the Celts last night....He and Monk's college percentages are pretty close though.

You guys can talk about the percentages and whatever else that compare Monk to McLemore but the biggest difference between them is in attitude. McLemore has all the talent in the world but his attitude has always been way too assertive which make him a role player in the NBA. Monk's swag on the court and assertiveness is what separates him. He's got the confidence that no one can stop him...even at Kansas I felt like too often McLemore would just chill in a corner or get the ball and pass it right back. Dude has never seemed to ever have any type of fire in him.

You guys can talk about the percentages and whatever else that compare Monk to McLemore but the biggest difference between them is in attitude. McLemore has all the talent in the world but his attitude has always been way too assertive which make him a role player in the NBA. Monk's swag on the court and assertiveness is what separates him. He's got the confidence that no one can stop him...even at Kansas I felt like too often McLemore would just chill in a corner or get the ball and pass it right back. Dude has never seemed to ever have any type of fire in him.

That's pretty much my sentiment. That's why I'm high on Monk. Him and Bmac are pretty comparable between the lines. It's the intangibles that I think will make Monk a more successful pro.

I'd take him just outside the top 5 at #6 though.

Yea while McLemore %'s may be similar he wasn't doing it on Monk's volume and Monk is just the better offensive talent at the same point.

Back
Top Bottom