The NBA Draft Thread

The only similarity between Rubio and Ball are that they are both great passers

That's it

not really, Rubio was a pick and roll meastro since he came out the womb, Lonzo is pretty average running screen and roll.

Also the biggest NBA difference.

To be fair though, their early years couldn't be any different.

Rubio been playing high level pro ball since 14 with a different level of competition/coaching.

His IQ was ahead of what was possible for any other PG prospect.

Meanwhile Lonzo was playing under his pops which at this point is enough said.

He's not forced to play in a pro style offense at UCLA either.

Only reason why I'm glad Fultz went to Washington is because of the offense they run.

Last edited:
and some how he still manages to dime guys up, run an efficient offense.

but he's an extreme outlier.
It's such an interesting case

Gotta wonder what type of system he ends up in, which team. Looking at the projected top 10, I honestly can't say which team suits him best. Gotta ponder that one a bit more

I want to see him on a team with shooters

I'm coming around on Lonzo's shot being fine despite the hitch. He gets it off quick enough to be succesfull as a shooter I think.

The bigger issue like guys said is how he runs the pick n roll. All those assists against washington were really transition looks, pushing the rock.

I don't see him making secondary and tertiary reads.

I wonder about his handle in a half-court offense. Can he really shake his man to get into the paint and open things up for his teammates cause he isn't really doing that UCLA.

Whenever I've see Lonzo matched up against NBA level length he doesn't even try to get his shot off.

That's why he shoots so far behind the line most times.

That's good and bad because it's given him deeper range but reinforced the habit.

At this point his shot is his shot, but it's not like he's Kevin Martin/Shawn Marion and is playing off the ball.

He would be fine coming off screens and **** but as the primary ball handler, we've seen how shot creation has seperated the elite in this league.

I would also be much higher on Lonzo if he was a good finisher at the rim/in the lane.

Yeah, it's going to be so interesting how he's utilized early on. Right now he's honestly not really handling the ball all that much. He's in an offense that sees the ball moving all around the floor, he's not asked to create (for a reason) all that much outside of when shot clock is down and at that he's mostly launching from deep

Seeing him in the pros with more ball responsibility will be quite a change

God, so many ball puns smh

I think his shot is fine and is being blown way out of proportion. I'm more worried about his game in a half court setting. Gonna be interesting to see how his stock rises/falls after the tourney/workouts

Last edited:
I think his shot is fine and is being blown way out of proportion. I'm more worried about his game in a half court setting. Gonna be interesting to see how his stock rises/falls after the tourney/workouts
Gotta wonder what Magic thinks about this local kid... he can hire Pelinka or whoever but I gotta wonder if he'll put his foot down and make the executive decision with their pick

Mostly interested in how long it takes LaVar Ball to be banned from anything NBA related.

Lavar says he wants Lonzo to learn from Magic but it's gonna be a thing when Magic smartens up and bans Lavar from the facilities 

That's the Lakers problem. They gotta stop drafting these soft privileged kids with Hollywood mentalities.

That's the Lakers problem. They gotta stop drafting these soft privileged kids with Hollywood mentalities.
Assuming LAL keeps their pick

My board would be

Fultz

Jackson

Ball

Unless they're thinking about trading Randle, then Isaac could sneak in there ahead of Ball

I actually think Ball could fit in nicely with Ratsull/Ingram/Randle/Clarkson. Defensively, who the hell knows, but I think Ratsull and Ball offensively could work

Last edited:
D'Lo pops looks like his OG who just finished a bid and now he gotta break bread with him.

#NeverForget D'Lo's pops running onto the court and cursing on live tv.

First father-son combo to curse on live tv after a sporting event?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom