The NBA Draft Thread

Whoa. Who the heck gonna fill their roles ESPN? That's nuts

Also, if you leave ball open there's no reason he's not draining jump shots

Off the dribble or getting a shot over a defender is yet to be determined

Well, damn. I just read rumors that ESPN is planning to bring Woj in 
eek.gif

Woj, Mannix and Givony are instantly as good or much better than anyone covering basketball at ESPN

Hold up now that I think about it wasn't last year's draft covered by like SAS, Jalen Rose and some others that seemed like they had absolutely no clue about any of the prospects other than the foreign reporter guy that hops in to talk about the foreign prospects?

Hold up now that I think about it wasn't last year's draft covered by like SAS, Jalen Rose and some others that seemed like they had absolutely no clue about any of the prospects other than the foreign reporter guy that hops in to talk about the foreign prospects?

Nah it was Rece Davis, Jay Williams, Jay Bilas, and Jalen. Wasn't too bad honestly. Makes sense to have more of the college guys doing it anyway.

Nah it was Rece Davis, Jay Williams, Jay Bilas, and Jalen. Wasn't too bad honestly. Makes sense to have more of the college guys doing it anyway.
It was pretty sub par. You had Wilbon on the main stage with Jalen Rose. That's awful anyway you look at it

Bilas and Williams did fine I guess. I can't expect much from ESPN anyway

It's a damn shame they don't travel around year by year. They do that for the NFL Draft don't they?

Smh

The last NBA Draft that was held outside of NY was 2000 in Minnesota. A terrible class 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The Sixers surprisingly were actually in the upper half of the league in three point shooting this year if I remember correctly, the year before that they were like last in the league. Their assistant coaches and Brett Brown should get a ton of credit for developing young players. They want Dario to be a good three point shooter and get more comfortable with his outside shot so they basically demanded that he shot at least 5 threes per game this year :lol: and Embiid's shot developed like a MF'er in his time away while he was injured. Even Noel developed a pretty decent midrange shoot when he wanted to shoot, and Holmes was knocking down threes this year. I'm hoping they've had Simmons shooting like a billion threes a day in preparation for next season.
True, and I think they do understand the importance of spacing and shooting.  But my point was just about the draft, I think of all the teams that need a primary playmaker like Lonzo the sixers aren't it.  They have Simmons and could benefit from a great not just good shooter in the backcourt.

Good points. But when it comes to draft picks, I am a firm believer of choosing the best talent over the best fit (unless you have two starting caliber centers and then draft a third), and as B Sox said, as high as we all were on Monk, he really brings nothing to the table if his shot does not fall.

If the Sixers end up 3 and have a chance to choose between Ball and Monk, I think it's a no brainer to choose Ball.

The Sixers surprisingly were actually in the upper half of the league in three point shooting this year if I remember correctly, the year before that they were like last in the league. Their assistant coaches and Brett Brown should get a ton of credit for developing young players. They want Dario to be a good three point shooter and get more comfortable with his outside shot so they basically demanded that he shot at least 5 threes per game this year :lol: and Embiid's shot developed like a MF'er in his time away while he was injured. Even Noel developed a pretty decent midrange shoot when he wanted to shoot, and Holmes was knocking down threes this year. I'm hoping they've had Simmons shooting like a billion threes a day in preparation for next season.

Remember that D'Antoni was the assistant coach midway through last year. I think what Brown and the Sixers learned from his time there had a major effect on their performance this year. His time there should not go overlooked.

This is way early but I'm surprised there's no mention of zion Williamson in this forum. His mixtapes are easily the most impressive high school joints I've seen.

This is way early but I'm surprised there's no mention of zion Williamson in this forum. His mixtapes are easily the most impressive high school joints I've seen.

Dude isn't even a hs senior yet. He will be talked about a lot, if not next yr then the next lol

I really like his style. He really likes to attack the rim lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom