The NBA Draft Thread

I have no idea about how the draft will play out after the first 2 picks. Every mock I've seen is wildly different from one another after 2. I've seen dudes like Brown, Ellenson, Skal on mocks pop up everywhere from 4-20. 

Last edited:
Just saw Jalen Rose compare Buddy Hield to Randy Foye
sick.gif
Seems like the absolute worst case floor scenario but honestly you never know with these seniors

Between he, Dunn and Murray that's a toss up. In such a weak draft I'll take any of em. I would prefer Murray Dunn then Buddy

Last edited:
Seems like the absolute worst case floor scenario but honestly you never know with these guys seniors

Between he, Dunn and Murray that's a toss up. In such a weak draft I'll take any of em. I would prefer Murray Dunn then Buddy

Yea i know but damn that seemed harsh lol

His comparison for Ben was Odom/Billy Owens
For Ingram it was Paul George tho :nerd:

What will make or break Simmons: can he at least get a shot as good as Blake Griffin's?

People compare him to Odom but he could shoot out to the three point line. When Philly work outs Simmons I'm sure they're going to really test his shot out big time to see just how bad his shooting really is. If that jumper is really that broke and Ingram comes in and lights **** up and shows that he's already put on more weight and got stronger it's gonna be real hard to pick Simmons over him.

What will make or break Simmons: can he at least get a shot as good as Blake Griffin's?

People compare him to Odom but he could shoot out to the three point line. When Philly work outs Simmons I'm sure they're going to really test his shot out big time to see just how bad his shooting really is. If that jumper is really that broke and Ingram comes in and lights **** up and shows that he's already put on more weight and got stronger it's gonna be real hard to pick Simmons over him.

It would help if he actually decided what hand to shoot with and which is his dominant hand. He finishes mostly with his right but shoots lefty.

I agree with Simmons..people are really down on oakafor because of the situation he was in last year..including myself but I had to go back and Watch highlights..Dude is so polished offensively..dude gave work to every big man in the NBA last year as a rookie...

I agree with Simmons..people are really down on oakafor because of the situation he was in last year..including myself but I had to go back and Watch highlights..Dude is so polished offensively..dude gave work to every big man in the NBA last year as a rookie...

Going to flourish in Boston :smokin :smokin :smokin

Simmons' stroke doesn't seem broke at all, his FT stroke seems just fine at the very least. He was just a reluctant shooter due to the face that he could get to the rim easier rather than settling and the coaching was pretty terrible

Wouldn't eem be surprised to see him find a J three years in or sooner

NBA lottery mock draft: Clearing up the mystery after Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mystery-after-ben-simmons-and-brandon-ingram/
I would love for Bender to end up with PHX, Buddy with Minny and for Dunn or Murray to end up with NO's. Please let it happen

That would be perfect IMO

If Boston cannot trade out of 3, I don't know how they pick a guard though. Bradley reportedly isn't happy with the contract he signed so maybe that plays into it...

Could be true. Though Ben at 19 compared to Greek at 19, I think I'd like to see the comparisons there. I believe Simmons was ahead in that regard overall, not necessarily defensively 

Simmons wing span is a question mark but his IQ can make up for it somewhat defensively. I don't think he's a lazy type

I'd take my chances with Simmons today over Greek

Last edited:
Greek Freak > Ben

Freak plays both ends

jesus that draft was bad. 

Giannis just started being a good defender this year. And he has a ways to go. Still, huge defensive potential.

Ben can defend when he wants to. He has the potential to be a versatile defender. He can switch out easily and stay in front of perimeter players, has super quick hands..and is strong. The thing with him on defense is "want to". Johnny Jones had him playing slightly outta position on D at the 5.

As said numerous times...if Ben can develop an 18ftr similar to Blake...he'll be a stud. Giannis can't shoot for sht right now as well...and he's growing offensively. Coaches are going to have rework his jumper...and more importantly, instill confidence in Ben's jumper.....Because sometimes when he doesn't shoot it....it hurts the team.

I think Gannis has a better chance of learning to shoot than Ben so I would go with Gannis.

There is a difference between not a good shooter and a non-shooter.

Ben is a non shooter in way Gannis never was.

Last edited:
Just curious, what makes one think Giannis has a better chance of being a better shooter than Ben? 

Confidence/reluctance?

Ben's FT stroke looks fine if not good. Just needs to instill confidence in him to use it more often

Last edited:
Also curious as to how many jumpers Blake took as a frosh. He shot much worse than Ben from the FT line

Was Blake considered not a good shooter or a non shooter as a frosh?

Back
Top Bottom