The NBA Draft Thread

Honestly I still haven't seen enough of Dunn to fully evaluate him. How good of a shooter is he? Cause that's what the Sixers need more than anything.

Sixers keeep missing on the guy they want the most, last year with Dangelo,couldn't get wiggins...going to be funny if they don't get Ingram or simmons. :lol:

How about the Sixers draft Kris Dunn while the Lakers draft Ingram?
happy.gif
I'll gladly take Simmons on the Celts then
glasses.gif
That's ideal.

1. Celtics - Simmons
2. Lakers - Ingram
3. Sixers - Dunn

laugh.gif
Ainge would have to consider Ingram over Simmons too with that roster.

Sixers keeep missing on the guy they want the most, last year with Dangelo,couldn't get wiggins...going to be funny if they don't get Ingram or simmons. :lol:

Exactly, it's so damn annoying. If we get a top 2 pick this year then we're in the money. If not then we get screwed once again with whatever's left over.

Embiid is still their best pick, but I don't think they were 1 of 2 teams who had the physicals on him prior to the draft. If so that's risk-taking but I can't ultimately fault them - I'm confident he would be great if he were to stay healthy, but you need to have a work ethic in a league where the talent is incrementally different across the board and he doesn't yet.

Last edited:
We shall see. Embiid is still our top potential franchise cornerstone til he gets on the court and proves me wrong. If he has another setback and isn't ready for next year though then all bets are off.

With a few exceptions teams picking in the top 3 usually go with the best player available...they don't pick for need or fit with their roster, just pure talent

Nikola Jokic is ******* balling.

22 PER

nearly 4 assists per 36 minutes. basically all his skills have translated. a big win for advanced metric draft projections.

It makes me wonder about Kyle Wiljer, the knock on Jokic was that he was such a horrible athlete that he wouldn't be able to keep up that his huge amount of skills wont translate.

Maybe Kyle has a better shot than I thought.

but then again Jokic has long arms, and Kyle doesn't. Kyle might have to settle for being a euro legend.

Last edited:
I need to start seeing Simmons actually shoot some jumpers and be more aggressive. They're leaving him wiiiide open outside most the time and he just passes it away.

Does he want to be a superstar or just prime Lamar Odom?

Last edited:
Simmons is like 4/4 on his midrange foul line jumpers the last 3 games. Small sample size.....but Baby steps....but it's encouraging to see him just taking it...and even more encouraging to see him make it. He just needs to build confidence in it. Him being around a 75% ft shooter is encouraging as well.

I think him simply being a moderate threat at 15-18ft makes him a real threat going forward. He'll likely never have the 3-ball....but if he can draw the defender one foot out the paint. Superstar

That Buddy Hield video... Wow. Reminds me of a Ben Gordon/Khris Middleton

I think Simmons can develop the 3 point shot. Guy is legit he's got it all

If Buddy 3 ball carrries over to the league I could see him putting up similar numbers to what Cj muccloum doing right now

Exactly, it's so damn annoying. If we get a top 2 pick this year then we're in the money. If not then we get screwed once again with whatever's left over.
Actually we lucked out, russel trash & embiid prolly better than the other two guys.

Actually we lucked out, russel trash & embiid prolly better than the other two guys.
Don't think Russell is trash whatsoever. Would be putting up good numbers for a 19 year old if he were playing 30+ minutes like he should be...

Feels like a lot of people want to make excuses for D'Angelo. He shows flashes....but there are some real concerns with his game. Particularly his lack of a first step and explosiveness. You can't name one elite PG that can't beat their man off the dribble. He's not as good of a shooter as advertised, turnover prone, horrible on defense, doesn't penetrate or probe....and lacks effort. Real concerns. What I do like is he has a good touch, good feel for the game, great vision and anticipation and rebounds well on the defensive end. Of course the LA situation isn't ideal to thrive in...but there are some legit concerns about his game going forward.

My big bro has a saying that you should always be weary of big slow guards. I once believed in Mardy Collins, Reece Gaines, etc :lol:. But they were all old. D-lo got potential....but I think his ceiling is lowered a bit.

I'm just praying Simmons doesn't land on the lakers. Wouldn't eem be mad if he landed in Boston. I'm sure Brad Stevens could get the best out of him.

Ben Simmons performance vs Oklahoma might be the most underwhelming display I've ever seen from a premier talent. He didn't even have a bad game, but it's the fact that he chose to take 7 total shots being guarded by RYAN SPANGLER. Attacked once and it resulted in a reverse jam. Even the 1 jumper he hit, he was initially open but had to dribble into it. Purely off impact, he was the 4th or 5th best player on the court. Hield, Cousins, Spangler, and Quarterman all had better games.

For those that want to compare the 2, here's footage of a young Lamar at Rhode Island:

Who has the ball in crunch time? Lamar. Who hits the game winning 3? Lamar. Ben Simmons isn't that guy. If LSU needs a bucket late- It's Quarterman, Hornsby, or even Blakeney that's taking the shot.

I'll take Kansas State Michael Beasley over Simmons.

Last edited:
Ben Simmons performance vs Oklahoma might be the most underwhelming display I've ever seen from a premier talent. He didn't even have a bad game, but it's the fact that he chose to take 7 total shots being guarded by RYAN SPANGLER. Attacked once and it resulted in a reverse jam. Even the 1 jumper he hit, he was initially open but had to dribble into it. Purely off impact, he was the 4th or 5th best player on the court. Hield, Cousins, Spangler, and Quarterman all had better games.

For those that want to compare the 2, here's footage of a young Lamar at Rhode Island:

Who has the ball in crunch time? Lamar. Who hits the game winning 3? Lamar. Ben Simmons isn't that guy. If LSU needs a bucket late- It's Quarterman, Hornsby, or even Blakeney that's taking the shot.

I'll take Kansas State Michael Beasley over Simmons.

You watch the game with the same lense as Dickie V the other night. He was legit ancy and disappointed Ben wasn't scoring despite contributing in other ways. Sad really. Ben had a great first half where he only had 4pts....but his team was up by double digits and he had about 5 assist and defended well.

When OU.....the #1, Sr led team with a good coach made their inevitable run...Ben had a couple of big answers which included a bucket. A steal and a putback . Granted those were at the 9 minute mark...but they were big momentum plays nonetheless. Yes he needs to be more aggressive. He's had big time plays down the stretch this year where he took over other games.

Quarterman had the hot hand. He was 5/5 from 3. Ben played well. Would've liked to see him get the ball late in the game...but the flow and situation didn't call for that. LSU lost to the #1 team in the country....and it took a Heroic game from Buddy Hield and a game winner to do that. Ben had his team in position to win. The better team found a way to win. If cousins misses that shot and LSU wins in OT without Ben scoring a single point...the narrative would be he played a smart controlled game...and let the game come to him.

Y'all dramatize basketball sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom