The Oakland Raiders 2016 Offseason Thread | Welcome, Karl & Jihad & Shilique & DeAndre

Love the pick.

Think about what RM has done with this secondary...we're looking like Sean Smith & David Amerson at CB. Then we got Reggie Nelson at FS and Karl Joseph at SS. Plus TJ Carrie for the nickel and DJ for the dime.

Plus our pass rush?!

Love the pick.

Think about what RM has done with this secondary...we're looking like Sean Smith & David Amerson at CB. Then we got Reggie Nelson at FS and Karl Joseph at SS. Plus TJ Carrie for the nickel and DJ for the dime.

Plus our pass rush?!

Goes from bottom third pass defense in the league to at least middle tier, before making any other moves.

myles jack injury gotta be serious, but theres still a lot of good names out there like jaylon smith and ragland

I'm ecstatic about the pick, wanted this guy the second you posted that vid a month or two back @AlBooBoo

I can't say I've seen a hitter this violent since Sean Taylor. 

Karl Joseph is the create a player I would make in Madden growing up. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Love the pick. Hoped VH3 slid and was partial to Jack but this fills a need and I see a high ceiling with Karl.
Jack's knee has to be ****** which is a shame.
I don't really want Ragland/Henry but that's just me.

Last edited:
I wanted to come here initially and troll with I hope DJ Hayden mentors Joseph..But I just couldn't do it. 

That being said, I hope this kid is the real deal and brings the hammer on every play. I want the old RAIDER Defense back....FEARED. Eff the nick names of a defense or the flashiness. Just good ole slobber knocking fun. 

I expect Ken Norton to dial things further. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Real talk, my expectations for this D are top 5 
laugh.gif
 anything less would be a disappointment

how bout derrick henry in the second round?
Personally like the value presented by Booker, Prosise, Howard, Dixon, Collins in later rounds.

Another wasted pick. Smh* Joseph sucks!!!!
No. You'd be wiser to point out he's coming off an ACL injury. Or that #14 was too early for a safety of his caliber. But it truly wasn't when you see the Falcons reach for Neal three picks later. Joseph is an extremely aggressive and willing tackler. Showed adept coverage and ball skills at WVU. Only played 4 games in 2015 before the injury, but accumulated five INT quickly. Three in one game in the opener against Georgia Southern. Oakland's rebuilt secondary is looking legit with the additions of Smith, Nelson, Joseph. No character issues with this guy, can emerge as a leader in the secondary down the road.

I don't know why I'm so enamoured with Derrick Henry.

I want A'Shawn Robinson but I doubt hell be there. Honestly I'd probably be ok with any of the other top Alabama guys today.

Completely get it. Henry clearly is the consensus #2 RB in the class. Surprising long speed and burst for a back his size. Carries damn near 250 pounds. You wonder if he has to shed playing weight at the next level and the minimal elusiveness is a concern.

I feel like TJ Carrie is due for a breakout season. We saw flashes and perhaps with a balanced roster we can see more from him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely get it. Henry clearly is the consensus #2 RB in the class. Surprising long speed and burst for a back his size. Carries damn near 250 pounds. You wonder if he has to shed playing weight at the next level and the minimal elusiveness is a concern.

He had too many short runs behind that Bana OL that concern me. Dropping weight may help his elusiveness but I wonder if that would also stop him from breaking through contact with a lighter weight.

2nd Round
Jihad Ward - DL
Jonathan Bullard -DL
Miles Jack -LB
Emmanuel Ogbah -DE
Jason Spriggs -OT

3rd round
1.La’Raven Clark OT
2.Jaylon Smith- LB
3.Chris Jones -DT
Shilique Calhoun DE

I like Bullard in the second. I don't think he makes it to the 3rd. I see him as another MEJ type player. I also like Jihad Ward in the 2nd. I see him as a Malik Jackson type player.

How do you guys feel about DT Jonathan Bullard in the 2nd or 3rd ?
Could make a lot of teams regret passing on him. DE in Oakland's base 4-3 but moves inside for passing downs. Monster season at UF. Very stout against the run while also showing ability to rush the passer. Athleticism and quickness are there.

Back
Top Bottom