The offcial Kwame Brown unappreciation thread.....

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

i guess everyone has their own scapegoats.
I guess you didn't watch the game

i wouldn't wish this against my own worst enemies.

roll.gif

Only if Kwame didn't play; we would have won!

Awesome article from Stephen A. Smith (thanks Niyi) detailing how the Lakers have the best player in the NBA (Kobe Bryant) and the Worst (you know who)

Stephen A. Smith | In Bryant and Brown, L.A. has best and worst

"For the Lakers might be the first team in NBA history to have the league's best player - and, arguably, its worst.

Every time Kwame Brown sets foot on a basketball court, let alone touches a ball, you scratch your head and ask how in the world could Michael Jordan have possibly drafted Brown No. 1 overall in any NBA draft"

"Brown is a joke, not because of his talent, but because of his lack of effort. Putrid results are what they are, especially for a kid who has never grown as a player but is still guaranteed $9,075,000 next season"

and the kicker:

"And that lesson is: You can be one of the greatest ever, but what good are you if Kwame Brown can tarnish that reality?"

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

roll.gif

Don't be stupid, we lost the game. With or without Kwame Brown, we played 0 defense tonight.

dude seriously had 10 points worth of brick layups and dunks that i could think of off the top of my head. bum is the reason why we lost.

You didn't watch the game. Kwame finished with 7 turnovers by the way. If I was him I would've just faked an injury to get out of there.

roll.gif

Don't be stupid, we lost the game. With or without Kwame Brown, we played 0 defense tonight.

And we lost by 8! If Kwame took 5 less minutes and Turiaf 5 more, I foresaw a victory.

roll.gif

And we lost by 8! If Kwame took 5 less minutes and Turiaf 5 more, I foresaw a victory.
He lost about 10 points in gimme lay-ups, but Pheonix outplayed us tonight, bottomline

roll.gif

He lost about 10 points in gimme lay-ups, but Pheonix outplayed us tonight, bottomline

We got out-played, I agree. But 10 gimme points equal a 2 point win on a bad night; that is what good teams (Lakers are supposed to be) do!

I feel so bad for this dude. I always try to make an excuse and still give him a chance. Does Kareem refuse to work with him in practice? Cause Kwame coulduse his help.

I wish i was Kwame Brown though, not giving a eff about his team or his fans

Spending that 9 Million Bucks, niceee

kwame's value isn't shown against teams like Phoenix because of their quick tempo, but against teams that slow it down and have a good post player,kwame shows that he's one of the best post defenders and makes life very difficult for players like Tim Duncan, Yao Ming, etc.

PUSHA x Vinsanity:
The fact he plays in front of a bunch of bandwagoners and fairweather fans makes it even more laughable.

One night they're chanting this idiot's name, the next they're booing him off the court.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

#1- There are fairweather fans of your team, too. There are more fairweather laker fans because we have a bigger fanbase. Period. Unlessyou're a fan of the Yankees or Cowboys or something. And if you are, then you really have no room to talk about fairweather fans.
laugh.gif

#2- Who in the WORLD told you tha Laker fans have EVER chanted Kwame's tired name?
roll.gif

Following a pre-draft workout with the Wizards, it has been reported that Brown told Jordan and then-Wizards coach Doug Collins "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."
After his first three years in Washington, Brown's future with the Wizards appeared dubious, as he rejected a five-year, $30 million contract offer, electing instead to test the free-agent market when his contract expired after the season. In his fourth season, Brown took a noticeable step back in his development and was limited to 42 games due to injuries. His highest-scoring game of the season was only 19 points, compared to his season-high of 30 the year before, and he averaged just 7.0 points per game. Late in the season, criticism increased; he feuded with Gilbert Arenas, other teammates, and his coach Eddie Jordan. The local press did little to help the situation, and he became even less popular with fans.

During the first round of the 2005 playoffs, in which they played against the Chicago Bulls, the Wizards played a video before their first game of the series, in which Arenas instructed the fans not to boo Brown when he entered the game. The fans complied, even though Brown played only four minutes in the game. In the next several days after the game, Brown skipped a practice and a shootaround, as well as the next game, claiming that he thought he would punch Arenas if he entered the game. He skipped another practice with a supposed stomach ailment, only to be seen later that night at a Chinese eatery. The Wizards responded by suspending Brown for the rest of the playoffs.

"Flaming ... " That was the first word. One of life's other "f" words followed. It came in succession. It came from Michael Jordan's mouth. The words never reached Kwame Brown's ears, they went straight to his heart.

In Jordan's quest to build the next him while he was in charge and out of retirement in D.C., he broke Kwame Brown down to the very last compound. Emotionally and psychologically killed his spirit. And even though Magic Johnson used the same approach with Paul Pierce in L.A. during the summer pick-up runs at UCLA when Pierce was a 19-year old freshman at Kansas, Jordan's "technique" backfired. To the depth that those words rest at the epicenter of why the Wizards asked Brown to leave.

The NBA is a man's game and after watching Kwame Brown "un-man" Tyson Chandler in a one-on-one workout prior to that 2001 draft, Michael Jordan was sure that he had his man. And with the first first pick the Bullets have ever had, they picked him. No questions asked, history was being made.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
damn

Kwame had a sequence where he had 2 missed layups, a missed wide open dunk and 3 turnovers.

Thank you Michael Jordan.

I kind started to feel bad for Kwame when the home crowd started booing him every time he touched the ball...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PUSHA x Vinsanity:
The fact he plays in front of a bunch of bandwagoners and fairweather fans makes it even more laughable.

One night they're chanting this idiot's name, the next they're booing him off the court.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
#1- There are fairweather fans of your team, too. There are more fairweather laker fans because we have a bigger fanbase. Period. Unless you're a fan of the Yankees or Cowboys or something. And if you are, then you really have no room to talk about fairweather fans.
laugh.gif

#2- Who in the WORLD told you tha Laker fans have EVER chanted Kwame's tired name?
roll.gif

Ska...I hate to tell you this...but I was at the game where it happend. It was a playoff game vs the suns. It really happened. I was surprised when Iheard it too.

Caron Butler

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 21.7
RPG 7.0
APG 4.4
SPG 2.3
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.484
FT% 0.905
3P% 0.359
MPG 40.4

Kwame Brown

2007-08 Statistics
PPG 5.1
RPG 5.0
APG 1.2
SPG 0.8
BPG 0.9
FG% 0.532
FT% 0.432
3P% 0.000
MPG 20.4

...............this soooooo makes up for Mitch Richmond LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom