THE OFFICIAL 2024 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Full Schedule Revealed

The rest of this 1st Round has been good for us..

But 25-30 will probably be a run on Defensive Players

Should we move up or stay put?. I dont want a QB this early.

Last edited:
Cowboys tried to trade back in the 1st for Lynch
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I told ya they were serious about him.
if we took defense with the 4th pick i would be fine trading back in for a QB.

with all the talent left on the board you can get a starting CB or DL 2morrow. 

We werent going to magicly heal the defense with that 4th pick guys. We just got a beast of a RB, and he seems to have his head on straight. Which says ALOT considering this crop of shermheads...

JJ is going looking at the best player on the board tomorrow, which wont be a QB. Just saying

If It was me...

I'd take Noah Spence in the 2nd Round

Pro Football Focus
We have little information about Spence, but the upside was evident at the Senior Bowl when he dominated practice and carried it into the game. Even though he may not do much as a run defender, Spence’s burst off the edge and pass rush potential is the best in the class

3rd Round.. I'd take Hassan Ridgeway - DT of Texas

PFF
Often lost in the deep class of interior defensive linemen, Ridgeway has put together two strong years of grading with a +48.6 overall mark on only 1044 snaps. He’s scheme-versatile and he can get after the quarterback better than most interior rushers in the class.

Then use Ron Leary, This Year's 6th Round & Next Year's 3rd Round to get back into the 3rd Round and take a QB there. Hopefully Prescott

For giggles, in the 4th on Saturday, DeAndre Houston-Carson from William & Mary - FS (Assuming he is there).... And our compensatory pick -136 in the 4th, I'd go D.J. White - Georgia Tech DB

Last edited:
We offered 2nd & 3rd round to move back into the 1st to draft Lynch.

I've almost had it. Once we draft Connor Cook tomorrow. That could be the final straw for me.

I've almost had it. Once we draft Connor Cook tomorrow. That could be the final straw for me.
I dont know how long you've been a Cowboys fan dog, but if THIS is the final straw for you. Then you must have been a wreck those years after Aikman...

I dont know how long you've been a Cowboys fan dog, but if THIS is the final straw for you. Then you must have been a wreck those years after Aikman...

Been a fan since 1993 (was 3 at the time)

Those years between Aikman and Romo were a blur to me. :lol:

Chad Hutchenson still haunts my dreams though.

Last edited:
We werent going to magicly heal the defense with that 4th pick guys. We just got a beast of a RB, and he seems to have his head on straight. Which says ALOT considering this crop of shermheads...

JJ is going looking at the best player on the board tomorrow, which wont be a QB. Just saying
but you have to start some where. samething with how the OL became a strength for us.

Been a fan since 1993 (was 3 at the time)

Those years between Aikman and Romo were a blur to me. :lol:

Chad Hutchenson still haunts my dreams though.
I think I mentally blocked that whole era lol

but you have to start some where. samething with how the OL became a strength for us.
True, I guess Ramsey just wasnt in the cards for us... which is weird since they seem fully aware of the pressing need for good DB's. We'll see this 2nd round...

Red - Absolutely Need Now
Yellow - Draft it or Don't, It's Whatever. Going RB at # 4, really changed how I view QB now. Thought we should take a look at 3rd or 4th Round. Now think it'd be a mistake, unless we picked up another pick.
Blue - Undrafted Free Agents or Last Minute Free Agent Signings/Camp Invites

If you wanted to look at Free Agency....

Leon Hall 20th Ranked DB - 80.3 PFF Grade
Charles Tillman 54th Ranked DB - 72.8 PFF Grade

No FS that were really any good, but...
Walter Thurmond (SS) - 25th Ranked Safety - 79.3 PFF Grade

Last edited:
I would've liked Ramsey but I understand what they're trying to do. Offense is pretty much set for years after Romo is done. Keep the defense off the field and control the game. Elliott better be the truth though.

That trade for Lynch would've been so Jerry. Thought they were better than that. Glad Broncos came with better.

Last edited:
Gotta go defense these next two rounds. A lot DB's went in the first round.

Thank God Denver saved us from that trade :smh:

Even the defensive coaches signed off on Zeke ..

Thank goodness Denver came to the rescue :smh:

Should we go after Jack with #34 if he's there? Spence, Ogbah, Dodd, Alexander, and Bullard are other guys I like too.

Last edited:
I like Spence, we definitely need a pass rusher. Jack is too much of a risk, so thats probably where their mindset is...

I think we take Ogbah. I wouldnt mind Spence at all but i think they may be a little scared off by how things went with Gregory and the drug concerns

Jack's knee is scary :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom