The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

SWING and a miss.

I thought they were done too since Lillard's season is over.  The shoe is a letdown in a few ways.  The heel slip obviously and the thin techfit bootie, but also the colorways just aren't getting it done.  There wasn't one colorway that made me go "WHOA!  I have to get a pair of those."  I wouldn't lose sleep over missing out on the Rip City or All-Stars, which are my two favorite colorways.  Gauntlets were okay, but exclusives anyway and the insulting McD's All Americans...come on.

I've seen a few Mi Adidas pairs here that were better than the general releases.

i will say this, although the carpet thing seems kind of weird to me, at least adidas is staying Portland with it and taking something they find important and making it in to something. Instead of doing something like Nike where they just take a colorway and attach any convenient story they please. Like taking sonic yellow and tropical teal for whats supposed to be specifically for KDs Seat Pleasant then they throw the same colors on every other shoe they make. Or any of their other lines for that matter (especially the LeBron line). Only certain things even make the slightest of sense. While I agree that this particular colorway kind of sucks, at least they tried something I guess.

Not sure how many of you guys live in Portland or have been to Portland...but the PDX Carpet thing is HUGE there.

I spoke with one of the main guys at adidas basketball and he said every single person he spoke to in Portland that likes adidas said they absolutely had to have these. And, the carpet is being taken out of the airport very soon. Search #PDXcarpet on IG and you'll see what I mean - people love that design.

Im from Oregon, I've been to PDX. I'm a proud PNWer. But I think these are ugly. If you're doing a shoe concept it should be more impactful than airport carpet. That pattern would have been a nice touch on an insole though.

A picture of a pre draft combine pair just popped up on IG. I wonder if that's the pair that's supposed to drop on the 28th.

agree... this could have been a cool insole OR an option on the MiAdidas.....BUT for a general release this is weird.

i'm sure there's a group of people from Portland that HAVE to have these, and if i was from there, i probably would get them too..  i have nothing against them doing this JUST WISH they still had other general release styles which were STILL available. 

found this on Hardwood Insiders as NBA Pre-Draft Combine....

Last edited:
upcoming release "Lumberjacks"  for OFF COURT

sole colector.com/news/adidas-d-lillard-1-lumberjack-work-boot/

since the PDX are listed at $125, i'm wondering if these will also be bumped up

Last edited:
How does adidas put out junk like this? It's a football upper meets boot eyelets meets a basketball mid/outsole. Then throw some red flannel like all Oregonians are the brawney man?

Not feeling the Lumberjacks. The all blacks are nice with the graphic (could use some more silver/grey).

Those black ones are pretty cool, but I'm pretty much done with this shoe after 1 pair unless I run into some on huge discount.

Just not on par with other performance models out there and the colorways don't help much.  Lillard 2 can't come soon enough.

daang, still mostly a fsr in the majority of colors including the red on ftl? looks like the hype train on these has come to a full and complete stop. his lackluster playoff showing and subsequent early exit probably didn't help either. at least its easy for those who want them to get pairs online now.

patiently waiting to see leaks of the 2's....

Looks like GS
11232662_360427240822685_1646995015_n.jpg

Last edited:
I want to pull the trigger on this shoe soooooo bad but the slip issue has me worried. Can't decide on these or another pair of Rose 5 boost

Something I just thought to do with my Lillards was to replace the insoles for the insoles I had in a pair of CrazyQuicks and they feel so much more plush. That AdiPure insole has a lot more bounce to it then the ones that the Lillards come with, will report back on how they are for hooping.

Something I just thought to do with my Lillards was to replace the insoles for the insoles I had in a pair of CrazyQuicks and they feel so much more plush. That AdiPure insole has a lot more bounce to it then the ones that the Lillards come with, will report back on how they are for hooping.
 have you had a chance to hoop in these with the AdiPure insole? interested to know what you think..... still on the fence whether or nor to grab a pair of the Lillards.

thanks

Lillard PDX launched at 10am pacific and sold out fast. You can still customize them to get the PDX color in case anyone is interested. 

Just a miadidas shoe you pay them $20 to not wait if they sold out you want a pair pay $12 extra for shipping. Eliminates resale pretty good idea if you think about it.

Last edited:
Are tongue logos 3M?

I think so. In person it's hard to tell. 3M usually you can see the reflectivity in different angles even without flash/lights but not on these. I think because it's red makes it hard to see unless there's flash lighting.

Back
Top Bottom