THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UnDS'd my Cactuses today on a pretty clean court and the traction was on point right out of the box. My Pioneers (solid outsole) took a week to break in the traction but the Cactuses (translucent) were good to go.

I also had the same experience with mine. Pioneers traction took a while to start sticking, but the IBAS were perfect straight out of the box - the opposite to Nike!

I had similar experience with my Rocket Reds. Pattern just seems to work better and faster with the tinted/translucent soles.

Went with my true size with the LS's and man are they super snug. Did anyone else go TTS? Is there a break in period where these start to form to your feet and get more comfortable?

Still surprised there aren't more price reductions on the regular Vol 1s now that the season is way behind us and adidas is more focused on the LSs and the 2017 CEs.

So... with the Harden Vol 1's past its prime time.. whats yall overall thoughts on it, in terms of overall rollout, promo, performance, impact?

I feel its a personal classic seeing as how ive stocked up on some extra Pioneers pairs for future use. Loved the way they rolled out with the events and ads and such. One of the few downfalls I felt was how the Gila Monster release was handled... even though i have a pair that I use myself. The Harden Vol 1 definitely has a lot to live up to. I hope they stick with the same rubber compound used as my Pioneers from release date are still biting like some culture vultres on these dusty *** 24 Hour Fitness courts. These play as frequent as my Jordan XX8's in my rotation as i just love the way they play.

IMG_20170809_193134_481.jpg

Definitely half size up.

So... with the Harden Vol 1's past its prime time.. whats yall overall thoughts on it, in terms of overall rollout, promo, performance, impact?

I feel its a personal classic seeing as how ive stocked up on some extra Pioneers pairs for future use. Loved the way they rolled out with the events and ads and such. One of the few downfalls I felt was how the Gila Monster release was handled... even though i have a pair that I use myself. The Harden Vol 1 definitely has a lot to live up to. I hope they stick with the same rubber compound used as my Pioneers from release date are still biting like some culture vultres on these dusty *** 24 Hour Fitness courts. These play as frequent as my Jordan XX8's in my rotation as i just love the way they play.

damn, GM is the only colorway i don't have, well, and the march madness exclusive colorways :/

nice cop on the GMs!!!

Still looking for BHMs at a decent price. Not looking likely at this point.

Last edited:
It was a good run for a debut release, for sure. Even today Harden was on adidas originals account w a quick placement. The LS will make appearances on court this NBA/college season in guessing, too. With dudes taping heavy and custom fit insoles, it's bound to happen. Heck we saw it in summer league. Interesting to see if companies make more and more minimal performance on court shoes. Harden vol 2 perhaps...

It was a good run for a debut release, for sure. Even today Harden was on adidas originals account w a quick placement. The LS will make appearances on court this NBA/college season in guessing, too. With dudes taping heavy and custom fit insoles, it's bound to happen. Heck we saw it in summer league. Interesting to see if companies make more and more minimal performance on court shoes. Harden vol 2 perhaps...
forreal I hate adidas for covering the Boost, we need uncaged bball shoes, they'd be a godsend tbh

Nice pic man! Could you speak more on sizing? How does that half size up fit for you?

It's the toebox - it's very short, like right on top of your toes. I went tts but half up would have been better and given a little more room for casual. Width is okay either way and heel slip is same as Vol.1 just needs a little break in. On the vol.1 I went down half to a 10.

Patiently waiting for the Harden LS to have a sale, when does the Vol 2s come out (assuming that's going to be the name of his next shoe)?

It's the toebox - it's very short, like right on top of your toes. I went tts but half up would have been better and given a little more room for casual. Width is okay either way and heel slip is same as Vol.1 just needs a little break in. On the vol.1 I went down half to a 10.

This. The shoe definitely runs shorter in length, but the height of the toe box is what got me. The primeknit is backed by a liner that suffocates the top of your toes. And I have narrow feet and wore thin socks. I wear a 14 in the vol 1 (has a little bit a space), but had to jump to a 15 in the LS. The shoe is still snug but my toes don't lose feeling. A 14.5 would have been optimal though.

They fit kinda like the PG 1s, but a bit more snug if that's even possible lol, definitely would go a half size up

Looked similar to the Vol 1, no toe cap. Had a design pattern across from the toe to the medial. Might be a mid top.

It wasn't the best glimpse..camera was blocking it.

Anyone know where I can get these Harden adidas crew socks or other Harden Vol 1 socks in the US?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-17-00-00-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-17-00-00-30.png
    882.4 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom