THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely want to try the CEs, but I'm going to wait for the lows. That high cut just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah the lows are gonna be nice, I had a severe ankle sprain earlier this year and wear a large brace - certain lows work fine but most result in heel slippage which I can't deal with when playing.

The highs don't hinder you like some shoes will as far as restriction on mobility. I can't speak to the non-PK version but the PK just feel so comfy as far as support and lockdown go. I would have loved the extra lace loops because that would make the lockdown that much better, not to mention the PEs we've seen for some players just look better aesthetically speaking, also.

If the lows can keep everything great about the highs and still offer lockdown and support, I'll buy with no hesitation. If the Hardens feel like the boost on the CEs, which I've heard they are actually a little more firm, I'd be interested in trying them out.

I will say it's nice how Adidas made the Hardens appealing off the court - most of their high performers for hoops can't be rocked casually. The Lillard 2s can and these Vol 1s can, but CEs/CLBs/Roses even don't look that great off the court.

Last edited:
Fantastic. Leather toebox is real, tumbled, and thick. Jacquard woven starts a little stiff but feels and fits good. Heel is extremely padded around the collar so no heel slip like the clb16. Boost is really muted walking around but will probably bounce more when playing instead of size king, since the caged midsole will keep it contained.

Tried these on in store today with bball socks on. Def prefer half size down from usual Nike size if these are going to be for ball. I'm returning my black gold TTS for half size down.
For reference:
Kobe 5/6/8/9, Flyknit Racer, Ultraboost = US9
Harden 1 = US8.5

Fantastic. Leather toebox is real, tumbled, and thick. Jacquard woven starts a little stiff but feels and fits good. Heel is extremely padded around the collar so no heel slip like the clb16. Boost is really muted walking around but will probably bounce more when playing instead of size king, since the caged midsole will keep it contained.

I've never had boost. How do you compare it to charged? How does the cushion in this shoe compare specifically??

Charged compared to boost is like night and day....
Personally to me charged cushion feels horrible...
These give a ton of impact protection .... and the
Forefoot boost feels great once you start running
and cutting in them....

Charged compared to boost is like night and day....
Personally to me charged cushion feels horrible...
These give a ton of impact protection .... and the
Forefoot boost feels great once you start running
and cutting in them....

Ok. Thanks. I don't ball, and I wear for casual use. I like the Charged from the Curry line and the stuff from Brnadblack so far. I like to have some cushion, but not too sloppy or stiff......if that makes sense.

Kinda random (I'm watching the Rockets-Nuggets game), but its cool to finally be able to buy sig shoes that the athlete actually wears, as opposed to PEs that'll never see the light of day.

I really want to like this shoe but it isn't for me. Tried them out on the court and couldn't last more than a couple games in them and had to switch back to my Jordan XX8's. I got a 9.5 in the primeknit version which is my usual size in adidas.

- There was slight heel slip for me when I first tried them on. So I tightened the laces and it went away. But for some reason after that happened the shoe started digging in my heel and I felt the same sort of pain I did in the Jordan XXX's. Edit: Meant the Jordan XXX, not XXX1's.

- The primeknit isn't as soft as the other primeknit I've used like the Rose 6 and feels a bit hard. But I didn't get a chance to break it in because the pain I was feeling so I didn't get a chance to see if the knit softens up.

Last edited:
@youngpnoi  how did you feel about the cushion? Did it contribute to your discomfort or did the pain only result from the fit issues? Did you go with the same size as your XX8s? I'm considering these for my lows until the CE low releases, so I welcome any input/reviews.

@youngpnoi
 how did you feel about the cushion? Did it contribute to your discomfort or did the pain only result from the fit issues? Did you go with the same size as your XX8s? I'm considering these for my lows until the CE low releases, so I welcome any input/reviews.

Boost was very firm. Not the kind of boost I like so maybe it could've contributed to the discomfort. My XX8's are a size 10 and that's my usual size in Nike/Jordan Brand. I'm 9.5 in adidas and there was no problem for fit for me.

Boost was very firm. Not the kind of boost I like so maybe it could've contributed to the discomfort. My XX8's are a size 10 and that's my usual size in Nike/Jordan Brand. I'm 9.5 in adidas and there was no problem for fit for me.
Do you have a D Lillard 2 by chance? I wonder how that feels for you. I have what I think are flat feet and they hurt all the time in all kinds of shoes. The only pair that doesn't give me discomfort are the D Lillard 2s. I wonder if that's the case with you.

Last edited:
Do you have a D Lillard 2 by chance? I wonder how that feels for you. I have what I think are flat feet and they hurt all the time in all kinds of shoes. The only pair that doesn't give me discomfort are the D Lillard 2s. I wonder if that's the case with you.

I have the Lillard 2's and I haven't had any discomfort in them.

The 15% code makes them reasonable. I think I am gonna wait and try these on in person before I pull the trigger. The way the toe is, low top, and a cushion I've never tried.....

anyone still need size 8 in the "imma be a star" vol 1 before I return them? going to go with sz 8.5, better fit for me

Man the pioneer is really growing on me a lot. I don't hoop often but would consider these to hoop and my main corcern was casual wear and I think they might be ok for that too. Now the only question I has is will they hit sales racks

Back
Top Bottom