THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They look awesome. TTS? I think I have want some. I really want to wait for crazy explosive lows but keep hearing spring time. Don't want to wait that long.

Damn, I really need those Gila Monsters. Any release date yet??

THIS. But there was somebody in this thread that copped 2 pairs during the initial Vol 1 launch at the NYC Adidas store... but I have yet to see an official release date for them. I want the Gilas and the white joints with the black toebox, they're both beautiful shoes... well executed.

Can you play ball in these shoes?
What do you mean? Can you? yes. Does James Harden? yes.
They look awesome. TTS? I think I have want some. I really want to wait for crazy explosive lows but keep hearing spring time. Don't want to wait that long.
Half size down seems to be the consensus and works perfectly for me. As always, trying them on is a MUST. 

I don't think I'm hooping in any other shoe I have right now besides these - perfect combination of materials, lockdown, fit for me. Each person is different of course but I would definitely try to order a TTS and a 1/2 size down and return whichever one doesn't fit best, because like I mentioned in previous pages, my experience with sizing has literally been ALL OVER the place.

I don't think I'm hooping in any other shoe I have right now besides these - perfect combination of materials, lockdown, fit for me. Each person is different of course but I would definitely try to order a TTS and a 1/2 size down and return whichever one doesn't fit best, because like I mentioned in previous pages, my experience with sizing has literally been ALL OVER the place.

I'm loving my pair as well.

Does anyone know what material is used on the toe cap on those Harden 1 Xenos? I really want to get one but it was not released where I'm at.

Last edited:
So I'm loving the colour of the gila monsters like most other people. Can't wait for a release date but does anyone know what materials are used? I'm guessing it won't be primeknit but is the toe cap likely to be leather or suede or something else?

So I'm loving the colour of the gila monsters like most other people. Can't wait for a release date but does anyone know what materials are used? I'm guessing it won't be primeknit but is the toe cap likely to be leather or suede or something else?

Primeknit and leather toe cap.

The uppers look to be primeknit and the toecap looks to be leather based on the pics I've seen [emoji]128064[/emoji].... I'm looking forward to those too

Anyone have any experience with these on outdoor courts yet?
I would personally advise against it.

IMO, I don't get the point of using $150USD+ shoes outdoors. There are other shoes out there like the Kobe Mentality series which are way cheaper and have thick outsoles that are actually meant for outdoors. But that's just me. You do you.

It just baffles me that every time a shoe comes out that are $150+ and clearly have thin outsoles, there are always ones that are asking about outdoor use. It's like using TF-1000s outdoors. It makes me cringe.

As per the ADIDAS NYC flagship store, theyve only got 2 pairs left of the GILA MONSTERS (sizes undisclosed) for purchase in store coz theyve sold out their pairs. No available information on release date neither.

These have reached Kobe 5 status for me in regards to value in terms of playing in them. I can't pinpoint what it is but just looking at them makes me wanna lace up and hit the courts to ball. I loosened up the lace a bit around that first lace loop and had the rest tied up regular and it lessened whatever pressure left there was on that forefoot flex with no compromise in lockdown at all.

Last edited:
I would personally advise against it.

IMO, I don't get the point of using $150USD+ shoes outdoors. There are other shoes out there like the Kobe Mentality series which are way cheaper and have thick outsoles that are actually meant for outdoors. But that's just me. You do you.

It just baffles me that every time a shoe comes out that are $150+ and clearly have thin outsoles, there are always ones that are asking about outdoor use. It's like using TF-1000s outdoors. It makes me cringe.

I wouldn't even pay the retail $140, but I've heard the rubber is very hard.

If I don't get these for outdoor (probably won't) then I will get Mentality 2s. The only issue is the impact protection for shoes with good outdoor outsoles is usually not good.

Now that people have been playing in them for a bit, consensus seems to be traction getting better with age. That's great news, plus with the durable materials, I'm into the value. Plus they look killer.

Whats the deal with miadidas? Would love to have the mesh upper with different toecap options instead of upper options. Leather, mesh, and suede. Would be niceeeee

Got my black ops in the mail yesterday. Wore them this morning for a couple hours. For me, most comfortable shoe out of the box. Went a half size down and the fit perfect. Couldn't be happier with them. View media item 2272990

Just ordered the "Imma be a Star" joints. Can't wait to get them in.

Gila Monsters next 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom