THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know it probably been listed in here but I have a poor internet connection, how is the sizing compared to the Vol 1?

Never thought the Imma Be A Star color way would be so hard to track down. Can’t find them online other than resale and I never saw them in stores in Houston.

IMG_2281.jpg
IMG_2282.jpg
IMG_2283.jpg
IMG_2284.jpg

Never thought the Imma Be A Star color way would be so hard to track down. Can’t find them online other than resale and I never saw them in stores in Houston.
What size u need? I got a size 10 I tried on and never wore

If those are really the 3s, looks like its herringbone traction. Wonder what the midfood strap would be made out of.

I wouldn't be surprised if those are the LS versions of the Vol. 3 cause even though they're just renderings, they look like they have no support/stability for lateral movements.

Plus there is so much exposed boost. The performance models have all had partially encapsulated/contained boost on the lateral side. The uncaged boost in those renderings are much like the Vol. 1 LS.

After being able to really test the Harden 1, 2 and LS thoroughly, it's pretty safe to say that the Vol 2 performs better out the box BUT a well broken in Vol 1 with a translucent outsole is still the better shoe. It's just a matter of pain management and patience with the Vol 1 because the toecap and upper is going to pinch your foot and be extremely stiff at first, which I suspect causes the heel slip. Once you break in the upper and get it soft however this problem does somewhat go away (for me at least). In comparison the Vol 2 has the advantage in step in comfort, fit, lockdown, breathability, and cushion but loses out in traction and responsiveness when compared to the Vol 1. If you are an older player with creakier joints or a more explosive player who needs more impact protection, I'd recommend the Vol 2, but if price is an issue and you're willing to break a shoe in, I'd just stick with the Vol. 1, especially since they're all on sale right now ($40 - 120 shipped depending on which colorway/material build).

In terms of sizing, I personally went half a size down in both the Vol 1 & 2 and TTS/half size UP in the Lifestyle pair. When TTS, the Vol.1 had a lot of space in terms of width and area above my toes whereas the Vol. 2 was extremely long. I normally wear a 9.5/10US in Adidas (ex. UB, Pureboosts) but had to size down to a 9US in both the Vol.1/Vol.2.

Last edited:
eastbay has the steel blue colorway LS for 115 plus ebates promotion and discount code.
glad i tried the LS on at the store, finally copped this pair half size up since all the adidas casual boost shoes run half size small for me. only shoe i went true to size are hoop shoes, minus these LS.

What do ppl think are the best vol. 2 colorways so far?

I'm feeling the All Stars and the black/scarlet.

Last edited:
After being able to really test the Harden 1, 2 and LS thoroughly, it's pretty safe to say that the Vol 2 performs better out the box BUT a well broken in Vol 1 with a translucent outsole is still the better shoe. It's just a matter of pain management and patience with the Vol 1 because the toecap and upper is going to pinch your foot and be extremely stiff at first, which I suspect causes the heel slip. Once you break in the upper and get it soft however this problem does somewhat go away (for me at least). In comparison the Vol 2 has the advantage in step in comfort, fit, lockdown, breathability, and cushion but loses out in traction and responsiveness when compared to the Vol 1. If you are an older player with creakier joints or a more explosive player who needs more impact protection, I'd recommend the Vol 2, but if price is an issue and you're willing to break a shoe in, I'd just stick with the Vol. 1, especially since they're all on sale right now ($40 - 120 shipped depending on which colorway/material build).

In terms of sizing, I personally went half a size down in both the Vol 1 & 2 and TTS/half size UP in the Lifestyle pair. When TTS, the Vol.1 had a lot of space in terms of width and area above my toes whereas the Vol. 2 was extremely long. I normally wear a 9.5/10US in Adidas (ex. UB, Pureboosts) but had to size down to a 9US in both the Vol.1/Vol.2.

Nice summary. The Vol 1s and 2s are excellent and very close from a performance standpoint for me. The Vol 2s start out more flexible and I like the boost set up a bit better (a little more impact protection without losing much court feel). Vol 1s look better, are a great bang for your buck with current prices, and are a little lighter (weight of the 2s doesn't bother me). It's great from a consumer standpoint to have two really good options to pick from.

Finally pulled the trigger (went for the blue pair) and traction on a fairly dusty court was exceptional for me - I was a bit worried given some of the negative reviews on that aspect but was all good.

Cushion is also heavily improved on the Vol 1 for me.

passed up the other day on the vol 2 imma be a stars, anyone know a place for retail with a size 11.5 or 12? thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom