The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, to your example Chuck Taylors are the most popular shoe in the world but are they the most hyped? Wal-Mart sells more clothes than Louis Vuitton-they are pushing higher volume but which one is in style? Toyota sells more Corollas than every Lambo produced in a year-which one would most people rather have?

Popularity by sales and hype/style are different altogether.
So you trying to tell me Jordan's are no longer in style? Because a few cw's sat?  Not too mention every 12 that drops goes instantly.  Not every jordan is going to sellout but if you think Jordan's aren't fashionable or still hyped I have a mini disc player to sell you.  Jordan's are a classic and identifiable by regular people of all ages across the world they will always be in style.  

Also you examples are not quite apple to apples you are using examples that fall on different ends of the socio-economic scale.  

Hype has more to do with how limited a sneaker is than the model itself. Jus Don 2s and OVO 10s were really limited but if they were a GR, I guarantee you they wouldn't be anywhere near as hyped because GR 2s and 10s are not very hyped at all. Models like 11s are a different beast because they've been hyped for as long as I can remember and are basically the sun to the Jordan Retro universe, which is why their annual release is an event.
So what are you arguing exactly whats in style or what is hyped now?  Because as you said with the Jus Don and OVO examples Jordan's still have BOTH. 

https://www.grailed.com/listings/853326-Jordan-Brand-JORDAN-RETRO-OG-1-HIGH-2016-BANNED

nerd.gif
Might be unauthorized, the other Nike Air remastered 1s didn't come with the white shoe inserts. 

Last edited:
Preorders looking to be in the 3xx

Maybe there is hope for a large amount of pairs

Haven't been able to score any hyped sneakers in the Bay Area in store... Hoping this is the first, these are a must have!

I'm a bit unsure as to who this other person is cloning to be tensai.

I recall claiming the title during the Chicago 1 thread.

Promises were broken. Freestyles not dropped. And anime gifs overused.

In the end. I stood alone. Unchallenged. Unmatched. Unrivaled. Undefeated.

I am Tensai.

View media item 2137356
Should be as easy as the chicagos were to get.

Also, JPS JPS you aren't the tensai.

Black and Red 1s are the real Tensai

So you trying to tell me Jordan's are no longer in style? Because a few cw's sat?  Not too mention every 12 that drops goes instantly.  Not every jordan is going to sellout but if you think Jordan's aren't fashionable or still hyped I have a mini disc player to sell you.  Jordan's are a classic and identifiable by regular people of all ages across the world they will always be in style.  

Also you examples are not quite apple to apples you are using examples that fall on different ends of the socio-economic scale.  

Like I said being in style is not the same as popularity in sales. Is Nike's most popular shoe it's most stylish? Absolutely not.

To your point Yeezys aren't in style compared to Jordans because they actually sell so few.

Last edited:
I think it's a great thing that they are a GR. So all my NT fam get the pairs they want with no trouble. And a pair for me too :pimp:

The Chicagos were so hard to get in the Bay... Fortunately my pre order came through... Really hoping these are not the same level as the Chi release.

... Sigh.

Yes, more quantity.. More pairs..
But... Higher demand. If this was 2013, and with this amount of pairs avail?? We all eat.

3 years have passed. Newbies, retirees and everyone that missed out last time are here. Gunning for these Jordan's that are "everywhere".

This will not be a cake walk, guaranteed...

These are only hyped on Niketalk. They won't sell out first day purely based on them being a general release. People only gravitate toward limited sneakers now because they like the exclusiveness. Case and point WC4s, I picked up an extra pair two days ago at a outlet, in a size 11. If they were limited that would have never happened, not because of amount released but just because of how many didn't get released..if that makes sense.

These are only hyped on Niketalk. They won't sell out first day purely based on them being a general release. People only gravitate toward limited sneakers now because they like the exclusiveness. Case and point WC4s, I picked up an extra pair two days ago at a outlet, in a size 11. If they were limited that would have never happened, not because of amount released but just because of how many didn't get released..if that makes sense.

You're forgetting one MAJOR aspect:

Price

Retail for WC4 was $220, which is a lot for a retro-these, on the other hand, are $160.

Like I said being in style is not the same as popularity in sales. Is Nike's most popular shoe it's most stylish? Absolutely not.

To your point Yeezys aren't in style compared to Jordans because they make so few.
Okay again so you are saying Jordan's are no longer in style or popular?  And I would say whats in style can correlate to sales if the manufacturer makes enough.  So maybe I am slow but I don't get what you arguing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom