The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand dudes who backdoor, man. You're still gonna make the sale no matter what, so how does it benefit you whether the shoes go to your homie or a customer? The way I see it, you're risking your job and getting nothing in return. It's not worth it to me and if dude gets mad cuz I won't sell the entire stock to him, he's not a homie.
Not every person backdoors to friends. When they backdoor to resellers, they may get $20-$30 per pair. If you backdoor a FSR that's a easy $200+. No brainer for some, especially when there is little chance you will get in trouble. 

Last edited:
Backdoorin', resellin', makin' a profit... it's the name of the hype game. You gotta pay to play or put in the work.

At the end of the day, get your money and your game right and get yours.

Not every person backdoors to friends. When they backdoor to resellers, they may get $20-$30 per pair. If you backdoor a FSR that's a easy $200+. No brainer for some, especially when there is little chance you will get in trouble. 
$2-300 is less than a minimum wage employee's paycheck. :lol: Not worth it.

Plus when you backdoor, you feel like some god with early access to coveted shoes and selling off while making quick profits as well

$2-300 is less than a minimum wage employee's paycheck.
laugh.gif
Not worth it.
Not worth it to a lot of people who make a decent income and have solid professional careers, but for those who work at retail footwear stores who make between $10-14 an hour working 35 hours a week with barely any savings and living check to check while using their retail job as a stepping stone to something better in the future, it's well worth it.

But part of the appeal, as sonicjai alluded to above, is that those who backdoor get an uplifted ego because of the "service" they provide.

laugh.gif
Not worth it.
Example, say I backdoor 1 FSR of CC 11s this weekend and 1 FSR of Breds 1 next weekend, that's $600 in 2 weeks, probably more, or the same amount they make in 2 weeks. And you have to think, most working there are working part-time, as a college job or have a full-time job and just for the discount.

laugh.gif
Not worth it.
Not worth it to a lot of people who make a decent income and have solid professional careers, but for those who work at retail footwear stores who make between $10-14 an hour working 35 hours a week with barely any savings and living check to check while using their retail job as a stepping stone to something better in the future, it's well worth it.

But part of the appeal, as sonicjai alluded to above, is that those who backdoor get an uplifted ego because of the "service" they provide.
Especially, when your in college. Legit some dudes give you "God" status. A good friend of mines was a part-time assistant manager at Hibbetts in college. Dudes would be legit willing to do his papers for guaranteed tickets for Jordans 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The dude back dooring isn't the one making $10-14/hr. Chances are, it's the store manager and he's making well above $600 in 2 weeks. I'm just saying, anything less than a paycheck wouldn't be worth risking my job but that's just me.

laugh.gif
Not worth it.

Especially, when your in college. Legit some dudes give you "God" status. A good friend of mines was a part-time assistant manager at Hibbetts in college. Dudes would be legit willing to do his papers for guaranteed tickets for Jordans 
laugh.gif

Funny you mentioned dudes willing to do papers for tickets. From '09-'11, I had a couple buddies who were in grad school. Both of them couldn't write a research paper if their life depended on it. Every two weeks it seemed like, they had a paper due. I wrote their papers 90% of the time until they graduated and got their Masters degrees. Their payment to me? You guessed it. Every time a coveted Jordan released, they both fell in line with me and my then fiance and copped me a pair. So for the SpaceJams, Cool Grey 11s, Concords, BC 3s, WC 3s, TB 3s, Black/Red 6s, Flint 13s, Playoff 13s, etc I was guaranteed 4 pairs each and every time.

Last edited:
The dude back dooring isn't the one making $10-14/hr. Chances are, it's the store manager and he's making well above $600 in 2 weeks. I'm just saying, anything less than a paycheck wouldn't be worth risking my job but that's just me.
I agree, it's not worth risking your job especially if you're a store manager. Store Managers at FTL make around $40K a year, which is okay for a single male unless you live in CA, NY, HI, where the cost of living is high. So I don't blame them for doing it in order to make easy $$ without much effort.

Man i just want to know if these are limited or not i hated limited **** especially if JB pulls a move where everything is GR and everyones happen then all of the sudden boom limited i hear its limited then i hear its GR then i hear footlocker employees saying its limited like man its just dumb sometimes how this works i just want my 2 pairs and im cool limited or not.

I know first hand, 3 stores where it's leads and PT-Over employees 

VERY few store managers backdoor, most know but when your store is judged by sales numbers, they don't care how the shoes are sold 
laugh.gif

Man i just want to know if these are limited or not i hated limited **** especially if JB pulls a move where everything is GR and everyones happen then all of the sudden boom limited i hear its limited then i hear its GR then i hear footlocker employees saying its limited like man its just dumb sometimes how this works i just want my 2 pairs and im cool limited or not.
everyomes happy*

There's store managers that have been backdooring kicks for years. The ones I've seen over the years treat their employees right so no one ever snitches...

There's store managers that have been backdooring kicks for years. The ones I've seen over the years treat their employees right so no one ever snitches...
Those too. It's difficult because it the manager everyone loves. 
laugh.gif

If you be the whistleblower, you will get blackballed at work and sometimes within the "community" or city 
mean.gif

I hate the idea of bringing my wife with me to raffle. I rarely ever do it because I prefer to leave her out of this mess and rather deal with it solo. However, I may have to bring her with me for this next Monday.

Backdoor jig is going to be up soon as soon as the app reservation system is ready. I spoke with an FTL auditor a few months back who happened to be doing inventory while I was in the store.

He told me that some of the main reasons they were going to the app system were overall customer experience, time wasted by store employees filling out raffle tickets and the topic of the hour... Backdooring.

Corporate is aware of it, so make sure you guys keep reaching out when you come across it. If they get enough complaints, they will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom