The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people who have this new found for hate on the 13s is the one who don't own them or mad they can't drop $550 on em

Those who ACTUALLY own them can tel you, they aren't the best quality but hey it's still a bred and look good.

Haters gon hate ;-)
False.  I bought the 2013 pair.  Decent shoe but if they are coming out again with a more accurate form, why wouldn't I (or anyone else) flip that pair and buy the superior version?  It's actually quite logical, unless you, generally speaking, are the type that wants to have every year version released just to say you have them.  

The only people who have this new found for hate on the 13s is the one who don't own them or mad they can't drop $550 on em

Those who ACTUALLY own them can tel you, they aren't the best quality but hey it's still a bred and look good.

Haters gon hate ;-)
It's whatever, let 'em be.Granted, them cats probably gots their money situation figured out to be able to do such ****. 

In the meantime, some of us are trying to "conservative" with our wallets AND don't have the time to just flip their 2013 Bred for these remastered Breds.........unless the official pictures show HIGHLY SUPERIOR **** THAT TRANSCENDS THE OTHER REMASTERED RETRO OG 1s FROM THESE PAST FEW MONTHS.

Man I've said it before absolutely no "hate" on owners of the 2013 why would there be?? Your scooping a pair/cw that you love... For the 1s they didn't hit my radar until I saw the 2015 UNC quality, that snapped me into "oh **** JB came with it with these" cuz I'm the most resentful kat on here towards retros in general, all retros have just been straight ignored and this "remastered" mold is def hit and miss (aquas and white cement 4s best I've personally seen/worn otherwise) but the remastered OG 1s got it IMO, they just do, and I'm gonna take full advantage

Haters gon hate ;-)

Don't hate the 13s at all, but I would never drop $550 on some ones. I could easily do it right now, but that's ridiculous. If that seems logical to you, more power to you :lol:

Hell no, I won't drop that on any shoes period probably until I get my money up but even then not really.

Can I afford to buy shoes for $600? Yes, def can but it doesn't sit well with me to drop that much money on rubber, plastic, and fake leather.

Nothing wrong with with the 2013's. But we gotta be real, the cut is off and there's been 1's that have had better leather. What I mean to say is the quality of "shattered" should've been the quality of the 2013.....

Ironically I post two post underneath the dude who was acting like the the 2013 Blk/Red Air Jordan 1 was the rarest shoe unicorn of the last 10 years, yet here you are in a thread where damn near everyone on the page has a pair lol (shout out to dude who has two. Super rare, right, bro???)

Last edited:

I never owned the 13's but I do own a few of the the 2013 releases.  I love em and I'd love the 13' breds if I had em.  My only gripe is that since the new mold has been out I've realized how tight in the toebox they are, It gets really uncomfortable. I've got wide feet so this new mold is king to me along with the softer leather that's one of the reasons I'm mainly just gunning for 94's or this year's Breds.  The shape is extremeely similar and I own the 94 Chi's and those are a pair of the most comfortable 1's I own.  
Are you saying the new mold like on the chicago 1s is much tighter compared to 13 breds mold?

Has this been the experience of everybody?

Last edited:
My only gripe is that since the new mold has been out I've realized how tight in the toebox they [New Molds] are, It gets really uncomfortable.  
In anycase about the 2015 molds are about 0.5 a size bigger than 2013s?

Last edited:
That thread was totally ******ed. The mods let all kinds nonsense insue in there. All the spazes came out to show their support of what they deemed the most monumental release of our times.

There were 3-4 pages straight sometimes of nothing more than Sponge Bob GIFs. It has to be archived. See for yourself.
You know when you check in a little over a day and 60 pages has gone by, it's a lot of garbage in there.

Are you saying the new mold like on the chicago 1s is much tighter compared to 13 breds mold?

Has this been the experience of everybody?

I could see how you mightve interpreted that first part that way. I meant the 13's mold is much tighter and uncomfortable in the toebox area. The new mold is wider and the leather is softer with more give. So Im not hating on the bred 13s. I love the 13's but I dont own a pair so Im currently gunning for 94 breds or this years Bred 1. I own the 94s and If I had the money Id cop the 01s as well. The toe box area is pretty wide on all those pairs. The 13'-14' 1 releases are all pretty tight in the toebox which is 187 on my pinky toes.

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and somewhat new to jordans, but not totally. I've been a low key sneaker head for a while and I had a question about the new 1's. I thought 1's were genuine leather but I know not all J models are. Are these real leather? Someone said something about plastic, but I assume they meant because it felt cheap.

I could see how you mightve interpreted that first part that way. I meant the 13's mold is much tighter and uncomfortable in the toebox area. The new mold is wider and the leather is softer with more give. So Im not hating on the bred 13s. I love the 13's but I dont own a pair so Im currently gunning for 94 breds or this years Bred 1. I own the 94s and If I had the money Id cop the 01s as well. The toe box area is pretty wide on all those pairs. The 13'-14' 1 releases are all pretty tight in the toebox which is 187 on my pinky toes.
No worries I was just getting concerned because I just picked up a pair of the chicago 1s in a size 10 and was wondering if I messed up and should have sized down. I also have the bred 13 in size 10 which fit a bit snug. I normally wear size 10 in other Js like 3s, 11 lows and 10.5 in flyknit runners. I have wide feet so I can't size down to 9.5 which would be a better fit lengthwise but then the width is bit snug and uncomfortable for my small toe. Hoping the new mold actually just fits comfortable and I didn't screw up the sizing completely.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and somewhat new to jordans, but not totally. I've been a low key sneaker head for a while and I had a question about the new 1's. I thought 1's were genuine leather but I know not all J models are. Are these real leather? Someone said something about plastic, but I assume they meant because it felt cheap.
Yes they are leather but can vary in quality from plasticky to buttery. 

Hello everyone,
leather is kind of a broad term these days. If you mean thick cow leather, these are not. If you mean synthetic mixed with maybe a trace of shredded leather, then yeah.

'13 Retros are good. They can, and will be better. The '13 wasn't even better than Blk/Wht, Shadow, Knicks, or Royals in softness etc. So much room for improvement and that can't be denied.

Half the dudes going up to bat for them prolly haven't even wore em enough to realize that.

Last edited:
[quote name="AirThompson" url="/t/639933/the-official-air-jordan-1-retro-blk-red-banned-sept-3-2016/1140#post_25751084]

Half the dudes going up to bat for them prolly haven't even wore em enough to realize that.[/quote]

LOL, either that or they paid a grip. When I first got my pair in I posted that the leather boasts were exaggerated. They weren't trash, and def wearable, but weren't the rave people made them out to be. They do break in and become more comfortable with wear so I'll be keeping and dogging my '13's if I'm able to grab the new ones coming out.

Last edited:
Strongly agree that the 2013 Black Red 1 did not use a premium leather compared to the BWhite, at least the 2013 BRed is a real leather not the plasticky leather used on other OG 1's like the atlanta , celtics. 

finally decided that i will never clean my 2013 bred 1's again and include them on my beaters since this will be replaced with 

the OG Height, much PREMIUM leather and the X "Banned: logo of the 2016 BRed 

hoping everyone can cop at retail

2013 Blk/Red and Royal quality was very bad compared to what we have been getting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom