The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Aquas sitting? Adidas definitely swooped in and stole some of the spotlight.

Might finally pick up my first pair of Aquas since they're still going for a fair price.
laugh.gif

Why are we under the assumption that Nike is desperate? They're earnings are damn near triple of Adidas. I think Nike just wants more money. All R&D did was look on NT and Flightclub and see which one of their retros are going for big money and just rereleased them and cut out the middle man with resellers. Y'all gotta get out the bubble man. These social media hipsters are the only ones wearing adidas. These young kids just went back to school and guarantee Nike has made more money just off of Huarache retro sales than Adidas has made this month...

Bred 1's coming out this year is nike's desperate attempt at keeping the spotlight.. Some stores still have metallics in stock, crazy

I sort of agree.

Outside of the Bred 1 release there is really only about 5 or 6 heavy hitter classic/high demand drops in the Jordan Brand arsenal.

Black Infrared 6's NA OG
White Cement 3 NA OG
Black Cement 3 NA OG
Black Cement 4 NA OG
Royal 1's Remastered
And Concord 11's always get the crowd going.

Depending on how strategic Nike is with these releases they can cause a frenzy all over again.

My list is highly debatable but from just from looking at trends over the last 15-20 years those joints I just mentioned have been consistent movers. Also keep in mind Nike is trying to hit us upside the head with all of the classic Foam colorways as well in 2017.

Last edited:
People want something new and fresh, the only thing thats keeping jb alive is making another version of the same shoe!! It's bound to get played out at some point.. Retroing shoes nonstop has caused jb to slowly die out, and the new color ways are just straight trash for the most part.

View media item 2134871still the best version, and prices are dropping cause of this new release.might pick up another pair

^^ I was just looking at my practically destroyed 2001s and I agree with you! If they weren't cut in that MJ PE slightly lower than high cut, they would be 1985 clones. Can't decide if I want to pursue a DS 2001 or a clean 1994 pair..

Every retro sitting while every ugly *** uncaged ultraboost is selling out instantly and every restock ends up the same

I'll give it to adidas, ultraboosts are awesome. The OG ones not this uncaged crap

And they are $180 shoes so prices aren't slowing people down like people in the JB forum like to say

Lol let retros die than. I'll be here when black/red 1's sell out in the first 3 minutes and you all come back

You sell 25k pairs in minutes or 100k pairs over the course of a month, both 200 a pair. Which check do you want?

Jordan's are engraved in the sneaker/streetwear world, it'll never go out of style fully. Honestly the best comparison would be how bape was popping heavy Years ago and took a downhill spiral, but now it's coming back.. This is just Jordan brands downhill spiral, enjoy it while it lasts.

Lol let retros die than. I'll be here when black/red 1's sell out in the first 3 minutes and you all come back

No ones saying anything about Breds.

Unless they make 800k oairs of Breds, they aren't sitting.

Breds sell as fast as yeezys and what not, I'm referring to every other retro which is true. I think most Retros are ugly as hell and it makes sense, times are changing as well as styles.

I was comparing a brand to a brand. Nobody cares about mj's legacy or career, majority of Jordan buyers/enthusiasts are teenagers/young adults. Jordan's are a fashion statement rn don't fool yourself

for chicagos certain stores in nyc had that amount. Now if every tiny store gets 400 then that's different :lol:

My post came out wrong I wasn't laughing at the amount, was laughing at dude reaction at how fast this thread had moved within 72 hours. The more pairs stores have is good for me.

If Bred 1s end up sitting, I think we can officially say that Jordan Brand retros have gone out of style.

It will be very interesting to see. If these sit, I will gladly double up at least.

It's funny how we all limit Nike to Jordan retro. How about all the Air Max models, flyknit trainers and all flyknit models (lunar...etc), air force ones, huaraches...etc that are bieng sold day in day out? Yes, Nike has still many iconic models that remain relevant, and no, Nike is definitely not dead, and especially retro AJ 1´s. I gope they make tons of these.

To be honest, I don't think Breds will sit-even if they are a relatively easy cop on release day like the WC 4s or Flu Games.

That said, I actually hope retros diminish greatly in popularity and Nike FINALLY starts throwing retros on Nike ID. Collectors will be livid but it would be amazing for people who actually wear their pairs-can you imagine being able to ID a pair of UNDFT 4s?

Last edited:
These are most definitely NOT sitting. Honestly the only shoe that jb could release that can cause more hype than these would be royals

That being said, jb releases a royal/bred pack for $500, you copping?

I was comparing a brand to a brand. Nobody cares about mj's legacy or career, majority of Jordan buyers/enthusiasts are teenagers/young adults. Jordan's are a fashion statement rn don't fool yourself

Stop. Jordan's are a fashion statement because of the previous generations obsession with the man. Just like adidas are hip right now because of another obsession with a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom