The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word...

It's some leather but that black part on this particular pair is synthetic. That's most of the shoe. We can get particular about what is and what ain't but you not getting a full leather for 160 with so many hand on profits as is. I understand how one could get caught up in the remastered stuff but those materials are nothing to brag about. Toe box and a ankle collar...
What about the SBBs? Everything except the black ?

Last edited:
LOL try being size 15 and have to drive two hours to get any release....
But actually
mean.gif
 hardly anyone understands the struggle of being a 15 it's inconvenient way more than it is convenient

Took what I can only assume is the first of many Ls this weekend with the Nike draw. No calls yet but hoping that's just because I'm PST.

For the rest of tonight/tomorrow and sat morning

Last edited:
Word...

It's some leather but that black part on this particular pair is synthetic. That's most of the shoe. We can get particular about what is and what ain't but you not getting a full leather for 160 with so many hand on profits as is. I understand how one could get caught up in the remastered stuff but those materials are nothing to brag about. Toe box and a ankle collar...

I don't have a pair of these in hand, but I have checked a couple out in person, and I am fairly certain the black portion is genuine leather as well, it just isn't tumbled. It felt very similar to Cyber Mondays, which are def full leather, and also the black portions of the SBB's, which are also leather, but slightly more stiff.

People that think these are synthetic need to go feel some true GR's at the mall, and understand just how stiff the synthetic stuff is. It's basically a type of plastic.

What about the SBBs? Everything except the black ?
Check out time! What it is? You know I made my statement in bred 1 thread. Not a sbb thread. Leather can be bonded with other stuff too. Think bologna. If your overhead is too high then you can't sell a product this low and manage to keep coming back taking losses.

I don't have a pair of these in hand, but I have checked a couple out in person, and I am fairly certain the black portion is genuine leather as well, it just isn't tumbled. It felt very similar to Cyber Mondays, which are def full leather, and also the black portions of the SBB's, which are also leather, but slightly more stiff.

People that think these are synthetic need to go feel some true GR's at the mall, and understand just how stiff the synthetic stuff is. It's basically a type of plastic.
I don't own sbbs. But 2013s felt like the lows from last year.

Check out time! What it is? You know I made my statement in bred 1 thread. Not a sbb thread. Leather can be bonded with other stuff too. Think bologna. If your overhead is too high then you can't sell a product this low and manage to keep coming back taking losses.
"I'm blackin out you're yellin out Bigsykedaddy, we did it in the caddy on the highway , my way"

Yeah I was just curious about the SBBs because the black part on the SBB seems on par with the black on the Black / Red 1's.

Word...

It's some leather but that black part on this particular pair is synthetic. That's most of the shoe. We can get particular about what is and what ain't but you not getting a full leather sneaker for 160 with so many hands on profits as is. I understand how one could get caught up in the remastered stuff but those materials are nothing to brag about. Toe box and a ankle collar...
Rubber and synthetic leather. Nothing more.
nerd.gif

People just making straight up misinformed statements here based on assumptions. Do we have some tanners and leathersmiths up in here or something? This happens in every Jordan thread...

All of the Remastered OG High 1's since Frags have been genuine leather. The exception being the Ankle and Swoosh portions on the Chicago's being synthetic. If you want proof, find pics of a European or Australian release. They have to put origin of materials stickers inside which have the icon for genuine leather on them. It's honestly pretty easy to tell the difference between most synthetic leathers, and genuine full grain leathers just by touching them. Most of the GR J1 mids are synthetic for example. As sneaker collectors everyone should take the time to familiarize themselves with materials...

Last edited:

haven't seen or heard anything. I think HoH at Glendale said they were calling Friday. Lots of places didn't get all their pairs in yet. 
I gotta stay positive.  Hoping that most of the places I went haven't called yet, mostly basing this on the fact that no heads from SoCal have talked about their L's yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom