The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family first 100%. I just remember reading that post and thinking to myself, "This man does not know my struggle."

You didn't get a pair? And you're right though, family first. It's been so many releases I had to pass on, whether it be time constraint or just didn't have the extra money.

Day before release I called hoh valley fair and I was told they called errbody for the raffle. But just my luck a raffle winner wrote down a wrong phone number which freed up a pair and just so happens its in my size. Since I called at the opportune time they decided to give it to me.

Seeing a lot of cancelled bot orders on footsites tonight on Twitter. Might see a restock after all

Seeing a lot of cancelled bot orders on footsites tonight on Twitter. Might see a restock after all
Can you post some examples? I'd love to see those guys claiming they got 5+ footsite bot orders cancelled but I'm sure they still got a lot to go through. To be honest, the Footsites (FTL, Champs, Footaction and Eastbay) should go the SNKRS raffle route to weed out bots even more. They should also ban multiple entries (same name or address) if they do that.

Can't wait for the Footsite reservations to kick in. Should really hurt backdooring. 

Last edited:
Still smh at people speculating this was gonna be an easy GR to obtain. Either you got 5 pairs, or you got 0 (me).

Damn out of all people I thought you'd have at least 3 pairs on deck. Sucks you didn't get to lewiup, lewi. Lol

Saw all the MJ vs Kanye debate posts. Clearly Michael Jordan is the greatest rapper of all time. Stop playing yourselves.

Hope y'all know sarcasm.

But on a serious note you really can't compare the Michael Jackson and Kanye. One is a singer and the other is a rapper. It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Babe Ruth.

Last edited:
GOOD! 
devil.gif

anyone else nike pair stuck in Memphis shipping to california? it been there for 2 days hoping it be here by friday.

Last edited:
Can you post some examples? I'd love to see those guys claiming they got 5+ footsite bot orders cancelled but I'm sure they still got a lot to go through. To be honest, the Footsites (FTL, Champs, Footaction and Eastbay) should go the SNKRS raffle route to weed out bots even more. They should also ban multiple entries (same name or address) if they do that.

Can't wait for the Footsite reservations to kick in. Should really hurt backdooring. 

People will still strike out cause more than likely they will announce a relaunch of probably around 100 pairs [emoji]128514[/emoji]

People will still strike out cause more than likely they will announce a relaunch of probably around 100 pairs [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Yeah, I'm not expecting any different. Still, think the footsites should go the raffle route (single entry or disqualified). 

Hey guys, i need your help in Legit Checking these.. I made a thread for it (more photos in there -> http://niketalk.com/t/653358/air-jordan-1-banned-2016-legit-check-please)  but i'm afraid i won't get any replies and time is of the essence cause i'm gonna pick these up IN PERSON in a few hours.. also if u could tell me what to look at when i get them in hand? thx fam, much appreciated!!
View media item 2158904

View media item 2158903

View media item 2158901

View media item 2158899
From what your showing looks legit. Need more pictures of tongue and insole.

I wanted to reread on the history of this Air Jordan 1 sneaker and type my thoughts.
View media item 2158929
What a marketing plan by Nike. These black/red Nike air ships were supposedly the real "banned" shoe in 1984. The 2011 technically shouldn't have been made with the whole banned moniker

If the air ships were the shoe that was banned, then Nike decided to make a better looking version of this called the Air Jordan 1 in 1985, not 1984. Some shoe worn by jordan in 84 was banned, but the jordan 1 came out 85

The air ships look basic compared to the "higher end" jordan 1 model. Like a corolla vs a lexus lfa. Therefore the air ships probably wouldnt have had that appeal and success the jordan 1 had (eventually, probably sat on shelves at 1st)

Nike is surely brillant with their advertising campaigns. Had I not known about the air ships, I would have assumed the Jordan 1 was really banned. Excellent sneaker though.

I wanted to reread on the history of this Air Jordan 1 sneaker and type my thoughts.

What a marketing plan by Nike. These black/red Nike air ships were supposedly the real "banned" shoe in 1984. The 2011 technically shouldn't have been made with the whole banned moniker

If the air ships were the shoe that was banned, then Nike decided to make a better looking version of this called the Air Jordan 1 in 1985, not 1984. Some shoe worn by jordan in 84 was banned, but the jordan 1 came out 85

The air ships look basic compared to the "higher end" jordan 1 model. Like a corolla vs a lexus lfa. Therefore the air ships probably wouldnt have had that appeal and success the jordan 1 had (eventually, probably sat on shelves at 1st)

Nike is surely brillant with their advertising campaigns. Had I not known about the air ships, I would have assumed the Jordan 1 was really banned. Excellent sneaker though.
Damn, nice pic! When you look at this pic and the huge contrast bewteen his black shoes vs. the teams white shoes, you can see why it was so crazy back then! This pic captures so much!

Dope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom