THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

And the plot thickens....

Just got this email...

ARE YOU READY?

We look forward to seeing you at Air Max Con NYC.

Please note that space is limited and admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Doors open at 2PM. Please arrive early at the GUEST ENTRANCE via the WEST HOUSTON STREET with valid ID for check-in.

Remember, the Air Max Con SNKRS Store will only accept credit card purchases.

my previous email says 12 pm. whats up with that?  

also, how the heck do i pay!?!  says snkrs app, but dont see any cart or checkout. 

Are you going Saturday or today? Today starts at 2 Saturday at 12 and only CC accepted at the SNKRS booth

And the plot thickens....

Just got this email...

ARE YOU READY?
We look forward to seeing you at Air Max Con NYC.

Please note that space is limited and admission is on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Doors open at 2PM. Please arrive early at the GUEST ENTRANCE via the WEST HOUSTON STREET with valid ID for check-in.

Remember, the Air Max Con SNKRS Store will only accept credit card purchases.

First come
First serve??? Then what's the point of registering early? I registered the first day possible and I used miles to fly out. That would suck if they didn't let me
In....

First come
First serve??? Then what's the point of registering early? I registered the first day possible and I used miles to fly out. That would suck if they didn't let me
In....
have you paid?  if this happens and i have a spot, you can take mine. id hate for you to have to come to the greatest city in the world, and not be able to enjoy it. 

have you paid?  if this happens and i have a spot, you can take mine. id hate for you to have to come to the greatest city in the world, and not be able to enjoy it. 

I had no idea you had to pay? I just registered for Friday and Saturday the very first day it was available and then it told me I was in. Thank you man. That really means a lot. It will be my first time in NY so I'm super pumped. But I will keep you posted. Where do I pay?

I had no idea you had to pay? I just registered for Friday and Saturday the very first day it was available and then it told me I was in. Thank you man. That really means a lot. It will be my first time in NY so I'm super pumped. But I will keep you posted. Where do I pay?
im not quite sure.  it just says snkrs only takes payment via the app, so i figured that had to prepay for registration.  real talk tho, if you get jammed up and we can transfer reservations, you can have mine.  i'll leave my contact info in your pm box. 

im not quite sure.  it just says snkrs only takes payment via the app, so i figured that had to prepay for registration.  real talk tho, if you get jammed up and we can transfer reservations, you can have mine.  i'll leave my contact info in your pm box. 

My guess is that means purchases at the event? Maybe they go through the app? Not sure. But hey man I really appreciate that. It's always Great to find good people on NT. I hope it doesn't come to that and we can both enjoy air max con. I'm flying out tonight. I'll keep you posted and thank you again

Folks going today please give a heads up on how big the venue is, I went to pop ups during all star in NYC and the spot was smaller than a studio apartment so we was on line forever.

My guess is that means purchases at the event? Maybe they go through the app? Not sure. But hey man I really appreciate that. It's always Great to find good people on NT. I hope it doesn't come to that and we can both enjoy air max con. I'm flying out tonight. I'll keep you posted and thank you again
I'm pretty sure we dont pay to get in, only pay with CC for all purchases we make there.

I'm pretty sure we dont pay to get in, only pay with CC for all purchases we make there.
dddooope.  i had this crazy thought last night before bed, that nike released all the vote back kicks in limited quantities at con.  and it kept me up because i was kind of stressing which ones i would buy seeing as i could only drop on a few at retail.  i was thinking atmos, viotech and liquid lime 180s. 

You don't pay to get in their events and usually it's like a vending machine for purchases and its kicks come out a slot on the bottom like a vending machine. CC only

The shirts come with the pins and stickers in a bag. That's the only way to get them. Shirts are $30. You can customize the shirt at AMCON.

There's about 8 colors that I remember of the dubraes, and you can customize those as well, at least here in L.A. You have 5 characters on each.

The Royals look great in person, but then I saw they were $250...

Here's a pic of most of the pins

what kind material they used on royal? suede or nubuck?

It's suede

While i do agree to an extent i think this would take away from the experience, the whole purpose of bespoke is to sit with the designer and look at all the fabrics and materials in hand.

How easy was it to make and how far ahead are they booked?

It wasn't hard. If they were super swamped, the guy @SingledOut directed me to didn't hint to it. I just gave him a ball park figure on when I wanted to come, told him I wanted to knock 2 out. He suggested coming on back to back days, I agreed. We set the dates...1,2,3.

It wasn't hard. If they were super swamped, the guy @SingledOut directed me to didn't hint to it. I just gave him a ball park figure on when I wanted to come, told him I wanted to knock 2 out. He suggested coming on back to back days, I agreed. We set the dates...1,2,3.
so you have 3 appointments to create 2 bespoke designs ??

honestly, i'd suggest taking in the city rather than waiting in line for air max con. Unless you plan on getting there very early you're likely going to miss out on some of the better releases. This is of course imo.

Back
Top Bottom