THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'm finally getting around to loving the AM 1 silhouette after years of primarily loving AM 97's and some 95's. I have absolutely fallen in love with the OG Obsidian cw. Can somebody point me in the right direction for a normal priced pair. And somewhere other than feebay. Or should I just stop looking because of insane prices? I know it's pointless to post a pic but I will, just because. Lol

The pair you posted was the OG retro from April 2013 with the vintage light orange box. I regret not doubling up on those. For whatever reason the OG Obsidian colorway doesn't get the amount of love from Nike as the OG Red. You'll probably have a better time finding the obsidian patch from last spring.

Nike really needs to jus put together an OG pack (not just the red) with the same details and shape as the HOA pairs. The piping on the tongue needs to make a return.

Last edited:
It's well worth the time and money. I'm happy to talk you through the bulk of what's available before you go. It's a much easier process if you have an idea beforehand because it can be really overwhelming (in the best way though lol)

Appreciate that.
Yeah, I'm sure I will be picking your brain (along with @SingledOut) as time draws near.

The pair you posted was the OG retro from April 2013 with the vintage light orange box. I regret not doubling up on those. For whatever reason the OG Obsidian colorway doesn't get the amount of love from Nike as the OG Red. You'll probably have a better time finding the obsidian patch from last spring.

Nike really needs to jus put together an OG pack (not just the red) with the same details and shape as the HOA pairs. The piping on the tongue needs to make a return.
Yes the OG retro from 2013 is exactly what I'm looking for. Was is a limited release? I don't see them anywhere. Not even flight club. The patches are nice but the OG are the ones I need. Thanx for the info guys.

Well guys... I flipped my Wings 12's and plan to drop the profit into 1's. Other than klekt and eBay what are some other sites I might be able to find some of the older Max's(storms, daybreaks, iD's, etc.). I'm a 12.5/13 so it's never easy finding the good stuff. Thanks in advance!

Stopped by the local Rugged Wearhouse. Copped these for $80.

$1000

Those bespoke a are gorgeous.

You just got away with that toe box, just rolled enough not to be cliffhangers.

Seriously I feel Ike my pair and both of @Schaefmp pairs have been the only bespokes I've seen without some f*cked up toeboxes. I really think there's a difference between 21 Meecer and 1948 even though both have been made at same factories...then again maybe we just picked the best materials for mudguard and toeboxes to get the best shape.

Seriously I feel Ike my pair and both of @Schaefmp pairs have been the only bespokes I've seen without some f*cked up toeboxes. I really think there's a difference between 21 Meecer and 1948 even though both have been made at same factories...then again maybe we just picked the best materials for mudguard and toeboxes to get the best shape.
which is better. 21 Mercer or 1948.   Want to make sure if I am gonna invest in the time to go up to NYC - to do some homework first.

I wonder how can you guys justify buying $1,000 worth of shoes?

I cant wrap my head around that. Maybe Im not that hardcore.

Last edited:
I myself wouldn't be happy (at all) with a toebox like that last bespoke. Def not worth $1K. For GRs, I can live with some.
I guess it's just inevitable with the current production techniques.

think about all the other crap you spend your money on and reevaluate if this is really that frivolous. i mean some people spend 10 bucks a day on cigarettes. give me 10 bucks a day and i can punch you in the throat to give you the same effect. so, even tho i do see 1000 being a lot to spend on 1 pair, its not off the wall when you really think about it.

You are only focusing on the end product. There is also the experience of completely designing your own shoe with options and materials that will never be available on ID. People go on vacation for a lot more, what do they go home with?

think about all the other crap you spend your money on and reevaluate if this is really that frivolous. i mean some people spend 10 bucks a day on cigarettes. give me 10 bucks a day and i can punch you in the throat to give you the same effect. so, even tho i do see 1000 being a lot to spend on 1 pair, its not off the wall when you really think about it.
You are only focusing on the end product. There is also the experience of completely designing your own shoe with options and materials that will never be available on ID. People go on vacation for a lot more, what do they go home with?
Not to say that I agree but it's kinda make sense tbh

Not to say that I agree but it's kinda make sense tbh
ive decided to wait a year or two before i commit to the idea of it.  i'll reiterate, how many times have you seen a sneaker with almost everything you wanted?  zero.  how many times has a sneaker that looked really good, but they were missing just one thing.  perhaps, seldom.  how many times have you seen a pretty dope sneaker but was missing several elements that made you want to copp? more than not.  how many times have you seen something and settled because it is what it is?  pretty much all the time.  

every sneaker i love could be better.  atmos elephants need mesh, hufquakes need mesh or a diff accent color, patta greens are almost perfect for me, but could have some safari or other print somewhere.  even if they were a perfect color or print, its missing details.  

point is, your bespoke could have it all.  and no one will have your bespoke.  that alone is worth 1000 to me. 

We all have our opinions. At the end of the day, it's THEIR MONEY. They can do whatever they want with it.

I'm not on the shape patrol, but I do agree that iD shapes are actually pretty decent...

Last edited:
I myself wouldn't be happy (at all) with a toebox like that last bespoke. Def not worth $1K. For GRs, I can live with some.
I guess it's just inevitable with the current production techniques.

200 x 5 pairs of shoes = 100 x 10 pairs = 1 dollar x 1000 pairs = 1000 for one pair. No difference. Everyone in this community spends way more money on shoes then they probably should.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom