THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

WLG barkroot brown, came in earlier this week. Def gonna take advantage of another pair or 2 with 25% off. Anyone know how long that 25% off will last?

In regards to the shape. The route is a little square in nature. But pressing on the seam of the toe box and mud guard helped alot. Haven't even tried reshaping.

10000% satisfied. Materials wise...maybe the best iD ever

My apologies to Nike...I was one of the ones dissing this iD for lack of options. Even though I wish you could at least change the leather panel colors, this iD is fire.

Those are incredible! Is the midsole barkroot too, or did you go with a different shade? Might just be the lighting.

Peace,
J

All the pics I've seen are looking great. Just ordered an all "cognac" pair on discount. Excited to get them for casual days around the office

All the pics I've seen are looking great. Just ordered an all "cognac" pair on discount. Excited to get them for casual days around the office
Came out to $137 for me which looking at the material seems like a great price! I might have to order one more and just return the one I don't love as much. Getting the itchy trigger finger!

Those are incredible! Is the midsole barkroot too, or did you go with a different shade? Might just be the lighting.

Peace,
J

Midsole is bark root too. Just a difference in color due to materials I'm guessing. But they go nice together

Today I finally received the pairs I sent off to be restored.

I must say I am VERY happy with the outcome. Glue stains here and there but these pairs are now wearable, and I am happy.

Here are some before and after shots

Dirty Denim's

Before:

After:

1997 SC Leather's 

Before:

After:

2003 OG Blues 

Before:

After:

I am overall very happy! I've always been a believer in wearing your kicks. I do understand that some are pieces of history and shouldnt be worn. (If I ever got an OG pair from 87 I would just keep them in a glass case or something haha)

But I'm happy these classics are wearable again! 

Dude that did it was Roel over at Sneakerfix (I believe he is changing the name of his brand so his website is currently down) 

That's great work, ready to rock again they all look amazing, what were your donor pair for the 97 leathers?

I must say I am VERY happy with the outcome. Glue stains here and there but these pairs are now wearable, and I am happy.

Here are some before and after shots

Dirty Denim's

Before:

After:

1997 SC Leather's 

Before:

After:

2003 OG Blues 

Before:

After:

I am overall very happy! I've always been a believer in wearing your kicks. I do understand that some are pieces of history and shouldnt be worn. (If I ever got an OG pair from 87 I would just keep them in a glass case or something haha)

Dude that did it was Roel over at Sneakerfix (I believe he is changing the name of his brand so his website is currently down) 
Dope!!!! Who did you send them off to for the work?

mrphist mrphist that's really sick bro. nothing better than actually being able to wear your kicks lol.

singledout singledout he said Roel over at Sneakerfix did the work but the guy was in the process of setting up a new website so he's offline currently.

It would be good to see some after pics at the same distance and angle that the before ones are at. Especially the blues.

It would be good to see some after pics at the same distance and angle that the before ones are at. Especially the blues.
the restorer just painted the white parts where the blue is peeled off

its been done before by other restorers with the same am1 and the 99 aj6 black infrared

you can still see that the mudguard is damaged

@Dazroll Yeah, I thought he did great! Ah man... Ill have to look them up. It was a while ago that I purchased them.

mrphist mrphist that's really sick bro. nothing better than actually being able to wear your kicks lol.

singledout singledout he said Roel over at Sneakerfix did the work but the guy was in the process of setting up a new website so he's offline currently.

I agree man! Feels good not having to worry about the midsole cracking.

Dope!!!! Who did you send them off to for the work?

What Frank said. I tried reaching out to your buddy here in the US but he never got back to me haha.

Yeah the blues are honestly still pretty damaged. I bought them a while ago for like 30 dollars (I think) in the previous condition, so I just wanted them to look a little better, but they are basically beaters until I get a pair in a better condition.

IMO those are pretty snotty "restoration" jobs.

How so?

Last edited:
Dudes must expect miracles if they think those restore jobs came out "snotty" or whatever they're trying to say.

homie had some unwearable kicks that he can now rock worry free. I'd say they came out pretty great in that regard

Miracles can happen and have happened.

There have been miracles that have be posted in this thread in the past compared to those snotty jobs.

The poster got what he wanted and that's the only thing that matters but seeing my fair share of restoration jobs if I paid for that I wouldn't be happy knowing a much better one could be done which that subject has been discussed in this thread already.

Last edited:
Smh people always hating on here. I think they look great and I'd be happy to have all 3, especially that 97 leather. Awesome pair!

Miracles can happen and have happened.

There have been miracles that have be posted in this thread in the past compared to those snotty jobs.

The poster got what he wanted and that's the only thing that matters but seeing my fair share of restoration jobs if I paid for that I wouldn't be happy knowing a much better one could be done which that subject has been discussed in this thread already.

Lol. Not seeing how they are bad? I know blues aren't the greatest but the others turned out great!

Back
Top Bottom