THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

a few pairs on sale on NDC

Screenshot_20171226-075133.png

The supposedly great new shape is nowhere near as ergodynamic and comfortable as Air Max models of the past few years. The angles are all wrong and the toe area is oddly slanted. I don’t understand why Nike changed it. All these releases of original color combinations are ruined now.
Not sure about the shape, not an expert

But cushion softness has went down.

I bought a 2013 pair AM1, wear them and tried to stand up frim sitting position, on the heel.
Took a look at the video, the air bubble deformed.

Bought an 2016 pair, midsole is stiff.
Dont even need to try, the air bubble will not deform at all.

Can someone explain to me what is so good about the "new shape"? I know people have hassled me here for saying that I prefer the old shape before this year, so what exactly is so good now? Honestly, I'm trying to understand. I've been looking at pairs of shoes next to each other. The new shape feels so much less full of speed with the less angled lines, and the toe area has a lot less room. Someone please enlighten me.

Can someone explain to me what is so good about the "new shape"? I know people have hassled me here for saying that I prefer the old shape before this year, so what exactly is so good now? Honestly, I'm trying to understand. I've been looking at pairs of shoes next to each other. The new shape feels so much less full of speed with the less angled lines, and the toe area has a lot less room. Someone please enlighten me.
less full of speed??? Less toe room??? Are you shrek?

So we’re clear - 2012 air max is the old shape for you?

I'm pretty sure (although I can't prove it, of course) that professional runners would be able to run faster in the shape before 2017, than they can in this "amazing" new shape. The lines in the material construction and comfort was just superior. And, no, I'm not a Sheik.

You see professional runners now wearing AM1’s? Amateurs? I run, never in an am1. Only time I run in an AM1 is if it’s unexpected.

WTF? Last time I checked, the Air Max 1 was a RUNNING SHOE. Am I in the wrong forum here???

AM1 is a “running shoe” the same as an Air Force 1 is a “basketball shoe”. It’s 2017 man, frees and rosche runs exist. But hey if you like running in them than I’ll support it. Happy holidays.

AM1 is a “running shoe” the same as an Air Force 1 is a “basketball shoe”. It’s 2017 man, frees and rosche runs exist. But hey if you like running in them than I’ll support it. Happy holidays.
Alright if you're not trolling by saying roshes are running shoes, I'm out

I really enjoyed playing Basketball on the asphalt outdoor court with my Chucks yesterday, I mean they are basketball shoes, so I should be fine. I also jogged about 20 miles with my Adidas Gazelles and played some soccer with my Sambas afterwards.

But if I'm honest, nothing quite beats the style and comfort level of my spalding Experts. Those are perfectly fine and dapper in todays sporting activities!
20-spalding-expert-basket-ball-shoe-things-you-didnt-know-about-converse-all-stars-chuck-taylors.jpg

The shape is good because it's more in line with the original and with the early 2000s releases which are regarded as the best time for the silhouette. The shape you described looks like an Air Max 1 that's done with an Air Max 90 mold. The Air Max 90 is one of my favorite shoes ever but what I described would be like tailoring a suit for Brad Pitt by using late Marlon Brandos measurments.

Also - you can play sports in any shoe you want if you want to. But the reason Spalding Experts aren't as commonplace today as they were is not because Spalding has been sleeping on their retro game but because Brands actually created shoes that are more comfortable and still do.

Adjusted for inflation that should amount to the retail price of a Foamposite, lol.

But either way, when the 1910's retro wave rolls around I'll be at the top of the game and I'm going to rock them while I ride my impractical bike with the huge front wheel.
I mean, look at those - plush leather, great shape and the shoe holds up better than any vintage one from the 80s does. I know the word quality get's thrown around a lot but THIS is quality! Also look at that shape!
848ece4e0c426b4790ce99de2e4f9ccb--basketball-shoes-shoe-bag.jpg

Back
Top Bottom