THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 2.25.18 AM.png
Thank you so much! by the way is this only US release?

Regarding cleaning, any tips cleaning the mars or the dark currys? Was thinking dry cleaning. Seen tutorials but not for these. Specifically cleaning the leather, mesh and suede without bleeding. Seen a parra tutorial, all suede. Any tips appreciated....damage is nothing too drastic mostly wear and tear marks....thx

Finished my first custom yesterday, I'm gonna take it super seriously and call these 'cinnamons'.

The base was the green curry. I bleached them then dyed the suede. I left the grey mesh as is- which didn't change much from bleaching. I left the liner too.
Also painted the midsole with the same mix I used for a Viotech resole which I did at the same time. Mixed a red to match the eyelet for the swoosh.

IMG_1037.jpg

Was a lot of work, so much admin and hardly any execution honestly. It's 90% prep, chemicals and **** all over the place. Hours of masking with tape.
But the payoff at the end was definitely worth it, I'm gonna wear these. Would love to have added a mini swoosh to the toe but it's above my level.

One final thing- the reason I picked the green curry for a custom is because the 2017 curry pack is hands down the best quality 'traditionally panelled' AM1 Nike have put out since the mid 2000s.
The overall QC is mixed nowadays and it was with this pack- but get a good pair and the nubuck is on a par with Viotechs, the suede is better, and the mesh is top tier. Last but definitely not least, the shape is great.

Finished my first custom yesterday, I'm gonna take it super seriously and call these 'cinnamons'.

One final thing- the reason I picked the green curry for a custom is because the 2017 curry pack is hands down the best quality 'traditionally panelled' AM1 Nike have put out since the mid 2000s.
What was the 2017 Curry pack?

Back
Top Bottom