THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Wife has been pestering me about what I want for Christmas. I don’t really care much about gifts but it’s getting annoying.

Going to tell her to get me Honey Dews or the Pecan & Yellows.

I’m super drawn to the Honey Dews but I know damn well I’d wear the Pecans more.

On a sidenote, the AM1 has had a very fire but lowkey year if you ask me so I might get both lol.

Man, all these talks of downsizing making me depressed lol.
I have 350+ pairs from way back in ‘99 (first bred4 retro). Question is, how do you sell shoes that are non-DS? Most of my pairs only have 5-7 wears

Haha, it's not bad. I think for some of us, the mental and emotional weight we'd carry is just way too much than what we'd like to deal with, and perhaps the physical weight of it when it comes to having to move them all around. Yeah, I've heard great things about selling on Goat like others mentioned here. I've done eBay mostly and Craigslist. Poshmark, I've used for sales under $100 because the fees are friendlier to the pockets although it'll take longer because it's a smaller audience.

All this talk of cutting down is helpful to me, I've currently got over 200 pairs, and would be happy to get down to half that, then assess and likely cut in half again. Thank you all for the inspiration!

You'll get there one day! One tip is to just be aware of your sentiments towards some shoes. That's a non-commercialized version of saying "you gotta go Marie-Kondo on them ****s."

This part.

Was in a discord a year so ago. Was copping shoes literally every day. Said to myself, “This has to change.” At the time, was building a house and realized I was mainly buying kicks out of boredom.

Decided to leave the discord. Only go for what I like/will wear now. Have 3 cops that I kept from this year; got one more purchase for 2022 planned. 1 shoe kept per quarter is my rule now. Feels good :D.

Damn, one a quarter is a great routine. That's been something I've been wanting to do, personally.

They're capitalizing off of our interests which I understand but doesn't make it easier on us. A collab releasing this Friday and then another next Tuesday and the Friday and Wednesday after two others but only through draw. SMH
It's all I think about now when I buy shoes, the buyer's remorse hits harder and harder as I get older. Nike, NB, Adidas, you name it, they're trying to fight against that and feed the greed. I love sneakers, always have and always will but for me, I have to be more tactical about my choices.

Yeah, that's pretty much the power of marketing. I deal with the same, too. For me, it's been about higher-priority things to look forward to in life, like saving for a house and financial literacy (thanks to my friend who introduced me to decluttering and personal finance stuff.) I'm not perfect by any means since I still go through phases, but at least it helped me boost my awareness after each phase.

What a great conversation this is, really. Shoes are still enjoyable, but we all grow and change, right? This might be weird, but I use Pinterest to organize my "collection goal" where it'd be the fewest/minimal amount of shoes I'd downsize to and stick with that. Then I see pictures of other shoes like those fire-*** Safari AM1s and be like "welp..." Not sure if anyone else here does something like this?

Be right back, gonna depress all the other shoe threads all around on NikeTalk.

Haha, it's not bad. I think for some of us, the mental and emotional weight we'd carry is just way too much than what we'd like to deal with, and perhaps the physical weight of it when it comes to having to move them all around. Yeah, I've heard great things about selling on Goat like others mentioned here. I've done eBay mostly and Craigslist. Poshmark, I've used for sales under $100 because the fees are friendlier to the pockets although it'll take longer because it's a smaller audience.

You'll get there one day! One tip is to just be aware of your sentiments towards some shoes. That's a non-commercialized version of saying "you gotta go Marie-Kondo on them ****s."

Damn, one a quarter is a great routine. That's been something I've been wanting to do, personally.

Yeah, that's pretty much the power of marketing. I deal with the same, too. For me, it's been about higher-priority things to look forward to in life, like saving for a house and financial literacy (thanks to my friend who introduced me to decluttering and personal finance stuff.) I'm not perfect by any means since I still go through phases, but at least it helped me boost my awareness after each phase.

What a great conversation this is, really. Shoes are still enjoyable, but we all grow and change, right? This might be weird, but I use Pinterest to organize my "collection goal" where it'd be the fewest/minimal amount of shoes I'd downsize to and stick with that. Then I see pictures of other shoes like those fire-*** Safari AM1s and be like "welp..." Not sure if anyone else here does something like this?

Be right back, gonna depress all the other shoe threads all around on NikeTalk.
I'm with you on all this....the latest spark I've had was the Safari NBY's and I was in it for a minute but that got old and also the discomfort for me personally did it as well. So I'm in the process of unloading those, but it's funny because the shoes we really don't care about as much get the most wear. The ones we covet and do care about we rarely wear, so common sense would be why do we even buy them? It's the potential chance of us wearing it but when we have a chance to or we think about okay I'll be going to the Zoo or somewhere outdoors, can't get the white mudguards dirty, back to the beaters or the ones we don't mind getting dirty. It's a whole thing with us... lol

Wife has been pestering me about what I want for Christmas. I don’t really care much about gifts but it’s getting annoying.

I’m super drawn to the Honey Dews but I know damn well I’d wear the Pecans more.

On a sidenote, the AM1 has had a very fire but lowkey year if you ask me so I might get both lol.
Tell her to get you both.

I picked up the Pecans for the same reason initiatively, but I’m planning on picking up the honeydews as well.

I talk about downsizing my collection soon, as I did it about ten years ago to purchase my first home. Thinking about trying to get down to mostly Air Max 1, a few halo Air Max products, Jordan 1s and then a few Jordan products I actually wear.

For the past couple of years I’ve been trying to focus on buying shoes I’m going to wear at least a handful of times a year. The problem becomes as the quantity starts to grow, there isn’t time for a lot of pairs.

The struggle is definitely real.

Just got these in today from Goat for a great deal. I didn’t realize how much the price dropped on them.
319BED63-0D01-4371-A2E8-3BACC5D45719.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a 9.5 in the Patta denim AM1 last Christmas from Goat. Only wore them a few times and they’re a bit too snug. Y’all think tradeblock is best place to try and get another SW 1/97 plus cash in trade, or best to just list then buy one of those?

I think I brought it up before, but the straight-to-the-point version of the story is that I made a big U-turn/"undo" by getting the Kasinas back.

I sold my Kasina AM1s after buying all the Color of the Month AF1s from the Black Friday sale. Originally wanted just the all-white ones, but bought the other 5 colors because of the sales. They were nice shoes, but it was a questionable decision and I just ultimately copped all of them because it was a sale (bad move). The day after I sold it, I started regretting it big time. Decided to buy them both back and got rid of the AF1s. Thank goodness these don't have resale value. Lesson learned - cop something you want when it's on sale, but don't cop something BECAUSE there is a sale. :lol:

Still really thinking back on why I did that considering how much I loved these since the jump and it's personally my favorite set of sneakers for 2022.

52582619694_8a3c024a0d_b.jpg

52581894747_f380ba9f47_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom