THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

AM1 FB Neolime on foot.

NEED! I was gonna cop from Atmos but Paypal wouldn't let me pay to their country smh.

I don't think this toe box issue is just a bad case of QC. The more recent am 1's have been having the rounded and bulkier toe boxes with some exception. It seems that Nike is using the old shape on am's made from new materials (hyperfuse, tape). It's probably because they want to attract older air max collectors to the new generation am's. Also, I've read somewhere here in the thread that where they're made makes a difference on how they like look shape wise.
I think that the bulky clog toe these past few years are done on purpose.  Even regardless of the location made.  I'm no expert, but I've seen generally non-china pairs have better shape.

However, My stadium green pair from the '12 suede pack was made in Vietnam, but still has the toe stub shape.

14' suede/gum bottom pack looks to be the same as well.  Took this pick today at my local Jimmy Jazz. 

Good news is that the suede feels softer than the '12 suedes (which I thought were very stiff)

On a side note, my WDYWT - 07' ID via Thailand.  

these would actually be dope

infinitely better scheme here. 

The volt is easier to take with Sport Blue, but I still wouldn't buy it just because I wanted to send a message. I think this will be the year I finally pull the trigger on some sport red/blue iD with a gum sole. I keep meaning to, but something else always comes up.

my thoughts exactly. the blue and volt/dog piss blend a lot better than the blood and pee cw.

Once Nike moved the AM1 production from Thailand, it all went downhill for the shape. Even, a few releases after thailand, the ones made in china still had a similar shape, especially the sidewall being straight and not slanted. However, Nike must have changed the shape shortly after that, which was right when the 09 QS came out. The Patta collaborations were the last shoes made in Thailand. Such a shame Nike, you ruined one of the greatest shoes of all time. :smh:

Once Nike moved the AM1 production from Thailand, it all went downhill for the shape. Even, a few releases after thailand, the ones made in china still had a similar shape, especially the sidewall being straight and not slanted. However, Nike must have changed the shape shortly after that, which was right when the 09 QS came out. The Patta collaborations were the last shoes made in Thailand. Such a shame Nike, you ruined one of the greatest shoes of all time.
mean.gif
tell it to that obese fat pig phil knight, he is the mastermind behind all this BS
mad.gif
mean.gif

Once Nike moved the AM1 production from Thailand, it all went downhill for the shape. Even, a few releases after thailand, the ones made in china still had a similar shape, especially the sidewall being straight and not slanted. However, Nike must have changed the shape shortly after that, which was right when the 09 QS came out. The Patta collaborations were the last shoes made in Thailand. Such a shame Nike, you ruined one of the greatest shoes of all time. :smh:
Main reason I tend to avoid new releases.

Sneaker Politics doing phone orders tomorrow if people are still looking for the Air Max Day 1's

it's called they're running out of ideas

My friend was able to get a pair and now he's planning to not keep it.  It's all about hype and Nike's marketing. 

Last edited:
I honestly believe it was a test from nike to see if the consumer would buy anything no matter how silly it looks, so long as they market it heavily, especially via social media. And I guess they were successful in that respect.
Most of the lab shoes at least had some visual appeal that made sense. They use color combinations that make sense at least. This neon bottom AF1 makes no sense. I'm leaning towards over30andwhats explanation. Had to be a market test. The market tested positive for Hype.

Back
Top Bottom