THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

i dont like the fact that you cant change the color of the emblem on the tongue
mean.gif
this is actually a REALLY huge reason I have yet to order from ID. that's important to me haha.

also the that strip at the base of the laces...why cant I make that stick out!!!!??!?!?!?!?

Whats up! I am back with another question.. Lol   So I just won some Wings and Waffles AM1 on Ebay and wanted to get the history on those? I have searched Google up and down and a bunch of old listings and cannot find any info on their inspiration. The logo? the number 4 on the inside? Thanks again everyone!
the W&W pack is a collabo between runner Hicham El Guerrouj and Nike

the 4 stands for the year 2004 where he won his 1st and 2nd golden olympic medal

also 2004 was the last year that he was active as a runner, after the olympic games he decided to retire

in the huarache W&W also got his 1998 world record time 3:26 on the 1500 meters stitched inside the shoe as a commemoration

the logo on the tongue from the shoe is a arabic sign what you prenounced as Kaf

and also green and red are the colors from the national moroccan flag

http://dilap.eu/arabic-alphabet/kaf.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hicham_El_Guerrouj

and dont be too greedy with the Reps guys 
wink.gif

this s*** here is some serious next level AM1 knowledge

that probably nobody knows in the entire game except me
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
what was your guys' biggest regret in selling before this insane hype for sneakers blew up the way it did?

mine would prob be my atmos cements and 112 am1s. sold them for dirt cheap and am completely regretting it til this day. i walked into my local sneaker spot the day those 112s released and picked up the whole pack in the middle of the day. oh how those days are long gone

the W&W pack is a collabo between runner Hicham El Guerrouj and Nike

the 4 stands for the year 2004 where he won his 1st and 2nd golden olympic medal

also 2004 was the last year that he was active as a runner, after the olympic games he decided to retire

in the huarache W&W also got his 1998 world record time 3:26 on the 1500 meters stitched inside the shoe as a commemoration

the logo on the tongue from the shoe is a arabic sign what you prenounced as Kaf

and also green and red are the colors from the national moroccan flag

http://dilap.eu/arabic-alphabet/kaf.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hicham_El_Guerrouj

and dont be too greedy with the Reps guys 
wink.gif

this s*** here is some serious next level AM1 knowledge

that probably nobody knows in the entire game except me
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

WOW!!! Amazing information and totally different backstory than what I was expecting!!! Do you know if the release was Euro only or GR? I do not see them pop up often and love the colorway so when I saw them pop up in my size range I had to grab them. Thanks again and you know I always throw you reps for all your knowledge and hard work!

LL
S
LL
So my luck continues! Just received a Thank you email from Nike.com with a $50 gift card and it doesn't have an exclusion for ID's! Anyone else get that today? Going to use it on a AM1..which of the two would you guys go for first? Also love the Cobra Commander SB that was posted up!

So my luck continues! Just received a Thank you email from Nike.com with a $50 gift card and it doesn't have an exclusion for ID's! Anyone else get that today? Going to use it on a AM1..which of the two would you guys go for first? Also love the Cobra Commander SB that was posted up!
i'd go for the urawas

Tough choice. I'd probably go for USA's.

WOW!!! Amazing information and totally different backstory than what I was expecting!!! Do you know if the release was Euro only or GR? I do not see them pop up often and love the colorway so when I saw them pop up in my size range I had to grab them. Thanks again and you know I always throw you reps for all your knowledge and hard work!
the wings and waffles pack was a worldwide quickstrike release

i got my first pair from the US for 100 dollar shipped to the Netherlands and the second pair for 120 dollar

i still have the second pair from those babies on ice, they are already in cryogenic state since 2004
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Haha I'm on the same boat deciding between these two. Leaning towards the urawas.

Another one I might make.

Coincidentally ended up reminding me a little of the Red Premier Saucony Shadow 6000 " Life on Mars."

Back
Top Bottom