I'm thinking about buying this one The Nike Air Max Lunar 1 :smile:
welcome
smile.gif

and just do it
wink.gif

Originally Posted by youngwolf  

Any info on these?
That's the Nike Air Max 1 FB - Obsidian/Light Photo Blue  579920-400

I'm not sure which country you're in, but they are still avaialable at most retailers in the UK. Both cws are nice.

those pics are making me want the wheats. they need a massive reshape though. no tryna go cliff diving.

torn between the flax AM 1s and AF1 Mids

Both so clean but love the solid gum sole on the mids

The flax am1s are leather, correct? They look leather in most pics but suede in some. Maybe I just need an eye exam.

LL

Colorway is Fantastic! I love Brown and Beige based colorways but I just cant get over that square and lumpy toe shape. It just takes away from the sleek look this shoe is supposed to have. They don't look like they can be easily shaped either because of the material. Going to use the money saved on these for some classics off Ebay that are worth the price. Not hating on anyone that buys them though it's just my preference.

those pics are making me want the wheats. they need a massive reshape though. no tryna go cliff diving.
LL

This picture sums up what you said perfectly! lol  This pic alone would make me want to double up... until the camera gets to the front. Ok.. no more shape semi rant! Ha ha ha

You made this colorway look Great! Never really paid attention to them before but I might have to take a second look.

thanks! i really wanted some lunar 1s and these were the ones on sale, turns out the colorway is actually nice! i figure a lot of ppl are probably sleeping on them.

That's the Nike Air Max 1 FB - Obsidian/Light Photo Blue  579920-400
I'm not sure which country you're in, but they are still avaialable at most retailers in the UK. Both cws are nice

Can't seem to find on-feet pics of the light photo blues. Anyone happen to stumble upon any?

Colorway is Fantastic! I love Brown and Beige based colorways but I just cant get over that square and lumpy toe shape. It just takes away from the sleek look this shoe is supposed to have. They don't look like they can be easily shaped either because of the material. Going to use the money saved on these for some classics off Ebay that are worth the price. Not hating on anyone that buys them though it's just my preference.

yeah, thats why im torn. i think i may cop to have them and then wait until someone else reshapes them, before i give it a go. i like the cw a lot, and theyll probably go up in price later on. considering FNL is releasing them, $40 off isnt a bad deal either.

I have been thinking about reshaping some AM1s by taking apart the toe from the sole and seeing what I can do. I want to try this on some outlet AM1s first to see if it's even possible, easy, or turns out any better.

I don't understand why nike has been making all their retros with boot toes. They would save on material if they slimmed down the toe.

I have been thinking about reshaping some AM1s by taking apart the toe from the sole and seeing what I can do. I want to try this on some outlet AM1s first to see if it's even possible, easy, or turns out any better.

I don't understand why nike has been making all their retros with boot toes. They would save on material if they slimmed down the toe.
Don't think that would work as well is it does for other brands like New balance. The reason people do that with NB is because they have a little mesh piece in that toe that can be removed so when you glue it back together there is no longer anything pushing the material up.

You might be able to work something out with the synthetic suede AM1's since the material is soft but those are also the best candidates for an easier method of just ironing.

If the can make pairs that are tolerable when they do Collabs with Atmos and also decent pairs when you buy an ID than they should be able to at least do that for some of these QS releases.

In reality it is going to take a Higher level executive at Nike to say he wants to fix it. Maybe do a remastered version of some classics like Jordan Brand is planning on doing for a higher price point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom