THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

respect the honesty, u owe me a size 12 oop now if ever needed
laugh.gif

Can anyone help me out with a name for the AM1's that released somewhat recently that are black/grey/cream colored with a kind of crimson colored sole and sock liner?

They are super clean but i don't know what they're called so i can't search for them lol

Can anyone help me out with a name for the AM1's that released somewhat recently that are black/grey/cream colored with a kind of crimson colored sole and sock liner?

They are super clean but i don't know what they're called so i can't search for them lol

Just go back a page or 2

They're am1 patch

Actually re read the 2nd part might be a diff pair. Someone else might b able to assist

Last edited:
 Actually re read the 2nd part might be a diff pair. Someone else might b able to assist
yea they aren't the patch ones. i don't like those.

ill see if i can find another pic of them. i saw them on IG and really liked them but i haven't seen them anywhere else

Edit: found them on google images! Guess i lied about the sock liner

Last edited:
Last edited:
I love AM1 but i am no expert so i have no clue the difference. Anyone got a comparison i could see?
do you own AM1s that are manufactured in china ??

if the anwser is yes and you do like the cw you dont need comparison pictures

go to the store or webshop and buy them

I love AM1 but i am no expert so i have no clue the difference. Anyone got a comparison i could see?

Most of the recent releases have a toe box that bends up a bit at the end towards the sky.

Some of them such as the recent patch pack don't and are more level.

Some dudes on here iron the toe box so it drops down towards the floor.

It is generally considered that a level toe box is the most similar to the original mould.

Apparently the shape depends on what factory they were manufactured in but AMD will be able to explain that part better. I believe China is the curled toe box and maybe Vietnam the level but I may have that wrong.

Personally I don't mind the level or curled up ones as I have big feet so the ones that slightly curl up actually make my feet look smaller than the level ones. Still have bad memories of being called canoe feet back in 1989 at school wearing original air max!

It's just personal choice but there is a minority shape gestapo - a bit like the colab gestapo in other threads - who consider all the upturn models not true AM1. Others just don't like them and respect those that do.

Personal preference

If you like them get them - I personally like them.

^^That's the toebox thing but that ain't got nothing to do with the China issue.

The main problem with the China manufactured 1s is the shape of the midsole.

China:

Vietnam:

Look at the top edge of the midsole, seen from the back of the shoe going forward. On the China ones, just past the air bubble there's a stronger curve down and then another quite strong curve up again. On the Vietnam ones this top line is way more level.

On a few recent Vietnam releases the toebox was quite thick but still a decent midsole, like these a.o.

And a few recent releases are from Indonesia, they also have a decent midsole but a slightly thicker toebox f.e. these

Knew someone on here would be able to explain it better ^ thanks modus never noticed the midsole issue before - not that it makes any difference to my buying decision but interesting

Back
Top Bottom