THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Last edited:
^^Made in China written all over so no go.
 again... repped lol

too bad those ultras up there in camo and navy have the moire treatment... if they were just hyp, they'd be auto-copped.. 

but the shoe feels so cheap with the moire treatment.. no go for me =(

Yeah those are very nice. I'll cop and reshape. Can't stand the toe.

And why is it called a banana toe anyway?

The toe looks nothing like a banana.

Only way to get bespoke is at mercer?

Yup, they tried to do it in LA but it didn't work out. Also at 21 Mercer it got so bad with people flaking once they've made an appointment that Nike was asking for a $400 non refundable deposit to reserve an appointment so it forces you to go or reschedule if you could not make it the day of. They revamped the whole bespoke experience. I've done 2 AF1's in the past and have been praying for AM1's to be added to Bespoke. Now that my prayers have been answered, I'm definitely gonna head home to do a pair.

Yup, they tried to do it in LA but it didn't work out. Also at 21 Mercer it got so bad with people flaking once they've made an appointment that Nike was asking for a $400 non refundable deposit to reserve an appointment so it forces you to go or reschedule if you could not make it the day of.
from what i have heard is that they wanna expand the AM1 bespokes to all the Nikelabs across the globe

hopefully that is true, no way that im gonna buy a 2 way plane ticket for NY and to spend another $1K for the shoes

i prefer to go with my car to Paris and design my pair there and pick it up a few weeks later

Yup, they tried to do it in LA but it didn't work out. Also at 21 Mercer it got so bad with people flaking once they've made an appointment that Nike was asking for a $400 non refundable deposit to reserve an appointment so it forces you to go or reschedule if you could not make it the day of. They revamped the whole bespoke experience. I've done 2 AF1's in the past and have been praying for AM1's to be added to Bespoke. Now that my prayers have been answered, I'm definitely gonna head home to do a pair.
what's retail, 1k?

Yeah those are very nice. I'll cop and reshape. Can't stand the toe.
And why is it called a banana toe anyway?
The toe looks nothing like a banana.
Shape of the toebox has been a problem on every AM1 for a few years now, no matter where they are manufactured.

The made-in-China thing is about the banana curving of the midsole. Check my post from a few months back with some examples on this.
http://niketalk.com/t/301367/the-official-air-max-1-thread/20460_20#post_22932638

For me, the shape of the toebox is no issue on this upcoming suede pack, because almost all toeboxes look like that nowadays.
For me it's about the shape of the midsole, although the pics I've seen so far are not as banana as some of the examples in abovementioned post.

And I must say that I've seen a few China AM1s in the flesh recently that had a midsole that was not too bad, almost decent.

Shape of the toebox has been a problem on every AM1 for a few years now, no matter where they are manufactured.

The made-in-China thing is about the banana curving of the midsole. Check my post from a few months back with some examples on this.
http://niketalk.com/t/301367/the-official-air-max-1-thread/20460_20#post_22932638

For me, the shape of the toebox is no issue on this upcoming suede pack, because almost all toeboxes look like that nowadays.
For me it's about the shape of the midsole, although the pics I've seen so far are not as banana as some of the examples in abovementioned post.

And I must say that I've seen a few China AM1s in the flesh recently that had a midsole that was not too bad, almost decent.
Good info. Only thing i've noticed is the squareness of the toe, never noticed the shape of the midsole. Now i have another thing to worry about.. lol

Thanks for the insight! I couldn't pinpoint what your flaw was... With more wears, wouldn't it straighten out?

Back
Top Bottom