THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

btw did you saw colored 3M materials like blue or black 3M material options, please tell me that you saw them there

I actually have a photo of the 3M options. I was so happy with mine. Wanted to go premium given the price point so went Cashmere with premium leather details. I've worn them twice and the quality is evident. I couldn't be happier. Mau and team are just good people who know their stuff. I am going back soon.

I actually have a photo of the 3M options. I was so happy with mine. Wanted to go premium given the price point so went Cashmere with premium leather details. I've worn them twice and the quality is evident. I couldn't be happier. Mau and team are just good people who know their stuff. I am going back soon.
I have a question about the process. When you pick the material you want to use do they already have pre cut shapes of the material in stock. I think if they could provide a little more material in the toe wrap area they would then be able to pull back on it more during the construction and provide the old shape. The price point is high enough that it shouldn't be an issue I would think.

ex..

You can really tell the difference between old build and new builds.

Last edited:
I have a question about the process. When you pick the material you want to use do they already have pre cut shapes of the material in stock. I think if they could provide a little more material in the toe wrap area they would then be able to pull back on it more during the construction and provide the old shape. The price point is high enough that it shouldn't be an issue I would think.
ex..

I'm not sure. Mine came out closer to the older silhouette. I didn't see any pre-cut examples, just the swatches.

the pair from your picture is from 98, the cut from the toebox and mudguard are not the same as the post 2000 thailand am1s

the pre 2000 am1s all got a higher cut and are not all made in thailand, some of them came from korea and vietnam

I had asked about shape..that was one of my first questions- if I could request more of a toebox wrap, higher mudguard..etc. They said you couldn't really request that, but...there are pictures sent to 21Mercer from the factory as your shoe is made, since there are so many things that can be iD'd and so many materials they want to make sure they get every detail correct. However, my consultant told me they never really send these pictures to the designer because they're not that flattering. I'm not sure why they just can't tell the factor to make the toebox a better shape or the mudguard higher...seems like it would be an easy thing to ask for...

I had asked about shape..that was one of my first questions- if I could request more of a toebox wrap, higher mudguard..etc. They said you couldn't really request that, but...there are pictures sent to 21Mercer from the factory as your shoe is made, since there are so many things that can be iD'd and so many materials they want to make sure they get every detail correct. However, my consultant told me they never really send these pictures to the designer because they're not that flattering. I'm not sure why they just can't tell the factor to make the toebox a better shape or the mudguard higher...seems like it would be an easy thing to ask for...
they have standard measurements for the panels from the shoe, they can easily adjust that at the factory if they want too

but they are probably not allowed to do that without permission from nike, i once saw a chinese sample hangtag from a AM1 sample with all the measurements from the panels that came with the sample, its deff possible if you have a well connected relationship with nike like michael jordan or some other high profile athlete that have connections with nike

Last edited:
women's getting all the good colorways

size 9 FTW

would y'all recommend a 10.5 or 11 in AM1's in women's sizes? bout to cop the light bone/brigade blues

women's getting all the good colorways

size 9 FTW

would y'all recommend a 10.5 or 11 in AM1's in women's sizes? bout to cop the light bone/brigade blues

I order a size 10. I wear an 8.5 men's in air max 1's and a 9 in the 90's. But you're right, whoever is doing the women's designs needs to do some for the men too.

Any time I've seen 1's at the Flushing Nike store, I've copped. I try to get them in size 13 to qualify for the Extreme Sizes discount (I'm a size 12).

Put in black laces on these.

I would love to do some Knicks/Mets colorways on these on NikeID. I don't think they offer those colors for the 1's though.

Just ordered some Pendleton ID's, should be here in 30 days

Does anyone know if these will ever get a US release?

I pulled the trigger on some pendletons. Loved mine from last year and I love the options this year. Denim is [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom