THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Last one. Done with Pendleton.
Anthracite canvas mudguard, grey leather underlay, and a grey wool quarter.

^ is it really cuz of the shoe tree? :nerd:
I remember somebody posted that you can buy them at ikea
IDs are just shaped pretty good compared to releases.

Last edited:
That wax canvas is just so crazy dope. Have to get that into my second pair. 1 pair is all wool. Have to take advantage of the Pendleton materials while its around.

I'm second guessing myself on whether a wool or leather mud guard would work better with an all waxed canvas upper.

Last edited:
^ is it really cuz of the shoe tree? :nerd:
I remember somebody posted that you can buy them at ikea

Last one. Done with Pendleton.
Anthracite canvas mudguard, grey leather underlay, and a grey wool quarter.
IDs are just shaped pretty good compared to releases.

as donjuan stated, the pendleton iDs are much better shaped than the releases, but in the grey pair posted above, the toe box has been reshaped and the toe outsole is def pointed toward the ground more so than standard pendleton iD pairs. both are accomplished w/ that particular shoe tree. that pair above isnt really that bad and i hope i wasnt speaking badly of that pair.

i was just wondering what was up with that trend of having the toe of sneakers dive drasitcally toward the ground as seen in tons of other pics.

although, i dont think its the shoe tree alone that does that.

as donjuan stated, the pendleton iDs are much better shaped than the releases, but in the grey pair posted above, the toe box has been reshaped and the toe outsole is def pointed toward the ground more so than standard pendleton iD pairs. both are accomplished w/ that particular shoe tree. that pair above isnt really that bad and i hope i wasnt speaking badly of that pair.

i was just wondering what was up with that trend of having the toe of sneakers dive drasitcally toward the ground as seen in tons of other pics.

although, i dont think its the shoe tree alone that does that.

Man, I've been wondering the same thing for a while now! I see it all the time with all types of runners and I just don't get. I understand reshaping the toebox on Nikes but its weird to me when it looks like people are pushing their toes toward the ground.

My pair hasn't been reshaped it actually is like that and even without the shoe tree in it it still is the same exact shape. A picture w/o the shoe tree in it and they arrived on Monday so the shoe tree wasn't in them long enough to alter them in any way.

Last edited:
bknowbles bknowbles Yours look good. I've seen them when there's basically no curve at the bottom and the outsole is basically flat and touching the ground from heel to toe.

Last edited:
koebot koebot thanks, yeah I know what you mean lol. The reason my shape is like this is simple, it's actually the material placement. Me and donjuan513 donjuan513 discussed this before he also noticed it as well. Everyones pairs that I've seen posted I've pretty much studied them. I noticed certain material placements give you certain shapes. I seen the best shapes were the pairs with a wool underlay, leather mudguard, and wool inner. If you go back and check out some of the pictures in this thread you will notice it.

Last edited:
My pair hasn't been reshaped it actually is like that and even without the shoe tree in it it still is the same exact shape. A picture w/o the shoe tree in it and they arrived on Monday so the shoe tree wasn't in them long enough to alter them in any way.

I did think your pair was altered. My bad...

But I wasn't really speaking of your pair exclusively and specifically.

Just a trend that I was starting to see in sneakers and sneaker owners in general

@koebot if you know of any pics of am1 or am90 where the outsole of the shoe completely touches the ground without being on foot and/or altered, I would love to see it.

Last edited:
Even though the materials may be different, here's a normal toe box vs. an obvious redirected and reshaped toe box

I did think your pair was altered. My bad...

But I wasn't really speaking of your pair exclusively and specifically.

Just a trend that I was starting to see in sneakers and sneaker owners in general.

It's all g I didn't take it personal lol, just wanted to clear it up that they actually came like that and the reason why. I knew what you were talking about though, about the reshape and toe pushing. I think thats more of an overseas thing.

Back
Top Bottom