THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The Air Max 1 is the best looking Air Max silhouette in my opinion. Just a very classic design. It seems like most of the unique Air Max 1 colorways can only be found in boutique shops and Nike Sportswear stores. I wonder why Nike doesn't release them at a more mass level like the Air Max 90, 95, 97, etc? I might have to iD myself a pair soon.

More pics from MN of the Holiday release AM1's
nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-02.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-01.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-03.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-07.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-06.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-05.jpg

nike-air-max-1-holiday-2012-preview-04.jpg

^^Those are all dope, lets hope they stagger the release of these and not all at one time. LOL

Damn, Nike is going HARDBODY the next year with AM1's.  Just saw these on theillest.com (Can't understand/translate the details, just wanted to show the pics)
[h2]Nike Air Max 1 Premium – Essential Pack (Wiosna 2013)[/h2]
18 lipca 2012 | Komentarzy: 0

Air-Max-1-Premium-Essential-Pack-Wiosna-2013.jpg

Na początku miesiąca widzieliście trzy wersje Air Max 1 Premium ze Suede Pack  na wiosnę 2013, dziś przed Wami kolejne wersje “jedynek” z wariancie Premium. Cały zestaw będzie się nazywał Essential Pack, a w jego skład wchodzą trzy wersje kolorystyczne modelu Air Max ’87: szara z niebieskim mudguardem, stalowo czarna i na koniec szaro/czarno/biała. Designerzy marki Nike  zdecydowali się osadzić je wszystkie na białej podeszwie. Poniższe buty Air Max 1 powinny pojawić się w sklepach na początku 2013 roku.

Air-Max-1-Premium-Essential-Pack-Wiosna-2013-1.jpg

Air-Max-1-Premium-Essential-Pack-Wiosna-2013-2.jpg

Air-Max-1-Premium-Essential-Pack-Wiosna-2013-3.jpg

This was also from theillest.com, but sneakernews.com posted it up today.  Curious to see actual pics of all these.  The potential looks serious...

nike-air-max-1-premium-spring-2013-1.jpg

The mid-to-late twenties is a time when experience and youthful vigor come together for some of sport’s greatest peak performances, but the runner pictured above was dominant the day it was born.  Entering its twenty-sixth year in 2013, the Nike Air Max 1 Premium  is poised to make a statement in the first quarter with a trio of colorways featuring a heavy reliance upon black and a two-thirds mix for high contrast.  That’s true both in terms of the pack and both the red and white pairs, a duo of two-toned offerings that echo the textural contrast apparent on the blackout pair.  Have a closer look below, let us know how these compare to this year’s outstanding crop of Air Max 1s and stick with Sneaker News for release info.  via TheIllest

nike-air-max-1-premium-spring-2013-2.jpg

nike-air-max-1-premium-spring-2013-3.jpg

nike-air-max-1-premium-spring-2013-4.jpg

LOVE the AM 1's but I'm not sure if any of these colourways do it for me. Perhaps I just need to see them in person before making up my mind.

Now that I think about it, couple of these remind me alot of some AM1 ID colorways that some NTers have done in the past.  Possible NT bite?

Some really nice colorways dropping! I'm really feeling the light bone and that emerald/lavender color-way.

Question: How many times have the og white red grey am 1s dropped and in what years? as you can see I know nothing about am 1s and would like this to be my first pair...

Question: How many times have the og white red grey am 1s dropped and in what years? as you can see I know nothing about am 1s and would like this to be my first pair...

Originals had the huge air unit that were deemed unstable, so they redid the midsole with a smaller unit back in 87/88.

2 different OG versions in the late 80's

OG Version 1

OG Version 2

White/Red with a 90 sole, circa 1992

1997 White/Red Leather SC

1999 mesh White/Red

2002 White/Red Clear Air Unit

2005 HOA's

2005 Euro OG Mesh, but a darker red was used

2009 QS1

2010 Nike Air Maxim

2013 Vintage Pair

Last edited:
What other websites sell air max 1? Any sites would help beside the obvious ndc.

Originals had the huge air unit that were deemed unstable, so they redid the midsole with a smaller unit back in 87/88.
OG Version 1

OG Version 2

1997 was the all leather White/Red

1999 mesh White/Red

2005 HOA's

2009 QS1

2010 Nike Air Maxim

2013 Vintage Pair

Great post! These are my fave AM 1's so I appreciate the info.

Last edited:
I am in S. Korea right now on military orders and those are only for S. Korea... every nike store here carries them

Damn, I guess there's no way of getting them out of there since I heard no overseas Nike stores will do shipping. I seriously need these in my life!!! Hahaha.....thanks for the heads up though and stay safe!

OG Version 1
OG Version 2
1997 was the all leather White/Red
1999 mesh White/Red
2005 HOA's
2009 QS1
2010 Nike Air Maxim
2013 Vintage Pair

awesome post, quoted for reference.
anyone got a hook on the blue hyperfuse am1's in an 11/11.5?

Back
Top Bottom