THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Casually unds my running shoes to the doctors office 😒

Triple digits got me effed up. Crew socks gang forever tho.
#ballislife
PXL_20230717_224902586~3.jpg

I ain't gonna lie I did not know that such a thing as golf sneakers without spikes existed until I saw some folks here talk about buying em for casual wear. To me, golf shoes had metal, interchangeable spikes.

With this newfound knowledge I will definitely say nike hittin a lick on y'all buying golf sneakers :lol: instead of wearing these golf sneakers off course, just wear ya regular sneakers you already got on the course??

I missed the initial fury I want to keep it going

I ain't gonna lie I did not know that such a thing as golf sneakers without spikes existed until I saw some folks here talk about buying em for casual wear. To me, golf shoes had metal, interchangeable spikes.

With this newfound knowledge I will definitely say nike hittin a lick on y'all buying golf sneakers :lol: instead of wearing these golf sneakers off course, just wear ya regular sneakers you already got on the course??

I missed the initial fury I want to keep it going
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the golf versions of retro runners and Jordan's have different materials on the upper that hold up to the moisture and stains of grass better than the plain white mesh of a regular sneaker. I have the Infrared 90 golf shoe. I've never worn it, will if I ever play golf again. I personally wouldn't wear them just for casual use like to the grocery store or something bc I have the regular version too but I'd definitely wear them to like a farmers market in a grass field or something like that. But if someone wants to wear them to grocery store, have at it.

With your two back to back post related to the subject you should take your own advice. Deions’ diamond turf, Barry Sanders’ zoom turf trainer were just a couple of examples were the word “turf” is in the actual name. Not all turf shoes had the word turf in the name but I know you and others will pretend they did just to pile on and disagree with me. Most people in normal settings back then referred to diamond turfs as “Deions”, Bo Jackson’s were just called Bo Jackson’s, Cross Trainers were called cross trainers etc. Rod Woodsons, Jr Seaus and most Bo Jackson Trainers didn’t have the word “turf” in the name yet they were shoes meant for turf. The lengths some of y’all will go to justify the madness is comical but go ahead, have at it. Go running and play basketball in your Nike AM golf shoes for all I care since you love em so much.
LMAO, chill chill chill....I didn't even get past hello in your post and I see your'e going at me, I'm not the OPP
I made mention because the guy he was referring to, who started the whole convo was me.
I was the guy in quotes.
The one who called them TURFs from the 90's who he essentially called a liar.
Chill bruv, you on the wrong side of the bed today G. :rofl: :rofl:

OH snap, it was you dhtowng dhtowng who opposed us buying "golf shoes" and saying they weren't called "turfs"
Man come on bro, let this one go.
Digress.
Hey you know what my man, you’re right. I have let it go. It’s the whole next day so I’ve definitely left it there and moving on with my life lol. I’ll just say that I think there’s a misunderstanding of my point and what I was getting at with my initial stance on the subject. I never said that I was opposed to anyone buying golf shoes (for golf) in general. Nothing wrong with that at all. I was just saying that buying and wearing Nikes’ AM1 and Jordan’s that have been converted into golf shoes for “casual” wear (in place of the actual real AM1 or AJ shoe like some are doing) is not the same/equivalent to us buying player modeled “turf shoes” for casual wear in the 90’s. Everybody wore turf shoes for casual wear in those days (and still do), same as we wore basketball shoes and AM running shoes for casual wear. All I was saying is that’s not the same/equivalent as casually wearing golf shoes (which typically have ridged spikes and traction specifically made for grass sport similar to football/soccer cleats) is the point I was trying to make.

My comment is for said guy (or girl) out there that misses out/can’t get the TS AJ1 low to wear casually (for example), in his effort to “solve the problem” of not having them, he then goes and buys the golf version of the shoe to wear casually in their place as if he has the actual TS AJ1 low. He doesn’t. That guy is wearing golf shoes, not the real actual TS AJ1 low. That’s all. It’s fine if someone disagrees with that notion. It’s just my opinion after all. Everyone should definitely wear what they like and do what feels right to them. I hope everyone in here has an amazing and productive day today.

Need these but damn feels like every release hits discount these days. Maybe we wait?

They do extended sizing for these or 12 as big as they go?

Oh these are leather? I didn't realize that. I really don't like mixing leather and mesh for some reason. Just do a leather shoe or a mesh/felt shoe imo. Like the yellow pair last year, just a miss for me.

Back
Top Bottom